Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly don’t know what their nominee really even did this season.

Salad got the golden boot and assist so you can say fair enough.

Mane and VDV didn’t really have a stellar season or did anything on real note.

Guess winning two domestic cups is enough eh?

I’m fact, why isn’t TAA nominated? Doesn’t he see dead people?! And he’s a Dipper?
Apparently the votes were done from late March to early April, which was just before he went on his end of the season scoring run.

Yeah I'm sure all of these English footballers give a shit about whether people think English players are better .. they're footballers, not politicians.

The more likely explanation is that Son doesn't have any national teammates in the league, so suffers from that a bit. A lot of players probably vote for Kane because he plays with them and he's their mate. It's nothing to do with 'national pride' or some conspiracy to keep English players on top of the list.
Son not having national teammates in the league is one of the reason for the snub?
Players vote for Kane because he is their English mate?

Not saying there is any conspiracy but the 2 reason you gave is so bad that it is making me laugh hard...

Yeah I'm sure all of these English footballers give a shit about whether people think English players are better .. they're footballers, not politicians.

The more likely explanation is that Son doesn't have any national teammates in the league, so suffers from that a bit. A lot of players probably vote for Kane because he plays with them and he's their mate. It's nothing to do with 'national pride' or some conspiracy to keep English players on top of the list.

5/6 players are foreign lads, but there is a pro-English conspiracy.

The same pro-English conspiracy that saw Kane deprived of a blatantly deserved POTY last season?

The same pro-English conspiracy that's seen TAA, Rice & Bowen all not on the list.

it-costume.gif

Son not having national teammates in the league is one of the reason for the snub?
Players vote for Kane because he is their English mate?

Not saying there is any conspiracy but the 2 reason you gave is so bad that it is making me laugh hard...

How the fuck is this hard to grasp?

Kane has a whole bunch of players he will have met with the NT who vote. They are more likely to vote for him than someone they haven't interacted with. Same with someone like De Bruyne, the Belgian players in the league are more likely to vote for him than Son.

Go look at the Ballon d'or voting and see how teammates often vote for their NT colleagues. It's not even remotely poor logic.

Agreed. Don't think there's much to do with being Englist or not. But rather South Korea not being a football powerhouse so Son goes under the radar IMO. Let's face it the players voting are not really going to think hard who's truly deserving to be on the short list. Most of them are dreaming about being on the beach somewhere. Surely when they vote player reputation/recognition plays a factor I would guess. Personally I couldn't care less about this award and who wins it.

My only question is everyone knows by now that Son shared the golden boot. Knowing the fact, what was their reason not to have included him in their top 6? Was there another player not make it in the top 6 after winning the golden boot in recent years?

How the fuck is this hard to grasp?

Kane has a whole bunch of players he will have met with the NT who vote. They are more likely to vote for him than someone they haven't interacted with. Same with someone like De Bruyne, the Belgian players in the league are more likely to vote for him than Son.

Go look at the Ballon d'or voting and see how teammates often vote for their NT colleagues. It's not even remotely poor logic.
So you are saying most players in the league think:

"Fuck, who cares who was better!! Harry is my MATE!! I'm voting for Harry because he is my friend!!!

:contelol::contethumb:

So you are saying most players in the league think:

"Fuck, who cares who was better!! Harry is my MATE!! I'm voting for Harry because he is my friend!!!

:contelol::contethumb:

No, I'm saying Kane is the higher profile player who more players in the league know well, so are therefore probably more likely to throw him a vote. It's pretty simple, easy to understand logic. Other adults seem to be grasping it, so maybe it's a you problem.

Agreed. Don't think there's much to do with being Englist or not. But rather South Korea not being a football powerhouse so Son goes under the radar IMO. Let's face it the players voting are not really going to think hard who's truly deserving to be on the short list. Most of them are dreaming about being on the beach somewhere. Surely when they vote player reputation/recognition plays a factor I would guess. Personally I couldn't care less about this award and who wins it.

My only question is everyone knows by now that Son shared the golden boot. Knowing the fact, what was their reason not to have included him in their top 6? Was there another player not make it in the top 6 after winning the golden boot in recent years?

Pretty clear that it's all a bit meaningless. They probably just chuck in a vote based on the last couple of months/the first player who comes to mind.

Not sure. Probably when players shared it a few years back? Had Son won it outright he'd probably have made it in. I think most fans know he deserved to be up there though. He had a better season than Kane for sure.

No, I'm saying Kane is the higher profile player who more players in the league know well, so are therefore probably more likely to throw him a vote. It's pretty simple, easy to understand logic. Other adults seem to be grasping it, so maybe it's a you problem.
Kane being higher profile makes sense but that is not what you posted. Stop trying to tell people to understand simple logic when you can't even explain it properly.

The 2 reasons you stated before:
1.Son doesn't have any national teammates in the league, so suffers from that
2. A lot of players probably vote for Kane because he plays with them and he's their mate

Kane being higher profile makes sense but that is not what you posted. Stop trying to tell people to understand simple logic when you can't even explain it properly.

The 2 reasons you stated before:
1.Son doesn't have any national teammates in the league, so suffers from that
2. A lot of players probably vote for Kane because he plays with them and he's their mate

Not people. Just you. Only you struggle.

You're even duller than the last time I bothered to reply to you, so gonna stop doing that now. Like I said, other people are understanding so I don't feel the need to explain it in nursery school terms for you. Au revoir.

Kane absolutely deserved to be nominated. His fellow pros acknowledge his extraordinary passing etc.
Son deserved to be nominated too.

Yeah I'd still have Kane in over Ronaldo or Mane from that list. His form since Conte took over has been exceptional, there was a good period where he was the best player in the league full stop and was absolutely running games.

Back
Top Bottom