Home to Middlesbrough. 4th Feb, 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure the stats bear that out. Since 2000 Chelsea have won the league 3 times ?. Only 1 CL. Woolwich have won a couple of league titles, no CL. Man City have won a couple of league tiles. No CL. Man Utd have won loads of league titles. Just 1 CL. You don't have to beat the likes of Bayern, Barca, Real etc to win the League. Fuck, even Leicester won it.

If the PL Title is such a piece of piss, why are you so desperate to win it? What would it prove?
If you think the CL is the top trophy, then you should be happy with top 4, so we can win that and be the best then?

The CL is a cup run at the end of the day, thats why you get finals now and again featuring the likes of Porto and Monaco. We beat Milan, and got the quarters with Hutton in defence.

It just makes me laugh, that here we are sitting in 2nd into February, and people are talking like we are garbage.

We are above Woolwich, Liverpool, City and Utd after 23 games. We have barely had one injury free week all season, and people acting like the only thing that would be ok is if we were top now, and stayed there until May, and the only way we could do that is by signing some mystery player in January and now we've fucked the season up.

Its farcical to be honest. You talk about 56 years waiting. When were we last 2nd at this stage?
You go on about signings, but since "coming round" and "realising" that there actually is a stadium being built, you seem to have forgotten that somewhere within the club, that 750M has to be covered.

The club have told us time and time and time and again, that our policy IS NOT marquee signings.
Its development. IF the RIGHT player comes along, something MIGHT happen.

Some people ignore that, well then they dont need to fucking slate the club because of their own, ridiculous fantasist ideas about how to take us from steady progress to Champions overnight.

We were never promised new players. We were told the exact opposite.

Not sure the stats bear that out. Since 2000 Chelsea have won the league 3 times ?. Only 1 CL. Woolwich have won a couple of league titles, no CL. Man City have won a couple of league tiles. No CL. Man Utd have won loads of league titles. Just 1 CL. You don't have to beat the likes of Bayern, Barca, Real etc to win the League. Fuck, even Leicester won it.

Utd have won 2 CL's and 1 European cup. That's all.

If the PL Title is such a piece of piss, why are you so desperate to win it? What would it prove?
So where's the bit where I said PL title is a piece of piss ? I said stats show its harder to win the CL than the PL. You said it's the other way round. Yet I never accused you of saying the CL is easy to win. Are you just trying to draw me into an on-line handbag fight ?

So where's the bit where I said PL title is a piece of piss ? I said stats show its harder to win the CL than the PL. You said it's the other way round. Yet I never accused you of saying the CL is easy to win. Are you just trying to draw me into an on-line handbag fight ?

If you think the CL is the more prestigious, whats the problem with aiming for top 4?
You are desperate to win the PL, yet "fuck even Leicester won it" .....what does it prove to you in that case.

If you want us to aim high and all the rest of it, why dont you think its ok to keep trying to get into the CL, and go for that?

If you think the CL is the more prestigious, whats the problem with aiming for top 4?
You are desperate to win the PL, yet "evenLeicester won it".....what does it prove to you in that case.

If you want us to aim high and all the rest of it, why dont you think its ok to keep trying to get into the CL, and go for that?
Where the fucking hell did I say the CL is more prestigious. What's the fucking matter with you. Your imagining stuff. Both are prestigious. But let me spell it out. Stats show its harder to win the CL than the PL. Got it ?

I can only presume you have been supporting the Spurs 5 minutes. Our net spend last summer was £34m, and £30m of that was on Sissoko. Our net spend last time we got in the CL was zero. In the last 5 years our net spend is the 2nd lowest in the prem. Our spend in january was a big fat nothing. Levy does not like spending, and when he does open his wallet Poch fucks it up (Wanyama the exception).

The spurs? Are you fucking kidding me, bet you call it soccer as well?
:dembelefingers:

Chelsea won the CL and finished 6th that year

And Forest 1 title and 2 EC's, but I would say the CL is harder to win than the old EC. In fact I think the old UEFA cup was harder to win than the EC. The hard part of winning the EC was qualifying for it. Conversely the hard part of the CL is the actual competition.

Where the fucking hell did I say the CL is more prestigious. What's the fucking matter with you. Your imagining stuff. Both are prestigious. But let me spell it out. Stats show its harder to win the CL than the PL. Got it ?

So the easy one is the more prestigious one to you. Ok, I misunderstood

What you talking about ?

whatchu-talkin-bout-willis-o.gif

He may be old school. We were commonly known as ' the spurs' back in the day.

Fair enough, just sounded all to American for me, I have been supporting spurs for 30 years now and I have never heard anyone call us "the spurs" until today, but each to there own I guess! :dierpochhug:

If you think the CL is the top trophy, then you should be happy with top 4, so we can win that and be the best then?

The CL is a cup run at the end of the day, thats why you get finals now and again featuring the likes of Porto and Monaco. We beat Milan, and got the quarters with Hutton in defence.

It just makes me laugh, that here we are sitting in 2nd into February, and people are talking like we are garbage.

We are above Woolwich, Liverpool, City and Utd after 23 games. We have barely had one injury free week all season, and people acting like the only thing that would be ok is if we were top now, and stayed there until May, and the only way we could do that is by signing some mystery player in January and now we've fucked the season up.

Its farcical to be honest. You talk about 56 years waiting. When were we last 2nd at this stage?
You go on about signings, but since "coming round" and "realising" that there actually is a stadium being built, you seem to have forgotten that somewhere within the club, that 750M has to be covered.

The club have told us time and time and time and again, that our policy IS NOT marquee signings.
Its development. IF the RIGHT player comes along, something MIGHT happen.

Some people ignore that, well then they dont need to fucking slate the club because of their own, ridiculous fantasist ideas about how to take us from steady progress to Champions overnight.

We were never promised new players. We were told the exact opposite.

Yup I would much rather go blow 50 million on a big name signing, as it's so much better to make a statement and splash the cash and have that amazing photo opportunity then it is to have players like winks, CCV and Edwards coming through the academy and being one of our own..........
:pochrolleyes:

I never said one was more prestigious than the other. You must be mistaking me for someone else again. Senile old cunt

Ok, I misunderstood. Just assumed that the more difficult one to win would be the more prestigious trophy.

Doesnt matter anyway, its all nit picking at the end of the day. The main point was that we are in an amazing phase at the club in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom