Home to Middlesbrough. 4th Feb, 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would it be out of place to say I would actually like to see Vorm play in this one.
Not saying sell Hugo and I hate him and his family and he's SHIT......

But I do love Vorms distribution which really is important if playing 3 at the back

4 games. 3 cleansheets for Vorm in the league in front of a competent defence. Only goal conceded was a penalty at home to Liverpool.

Ah man after looking at that team i dont like it. Eriksen has been immense playing in a central role in a back 3. Alli has been exxeptional ghosting in from a central position in a back 3. Fuck it i say stick with a back 3 and hope Davies does a good enough job as a left wing back.

Id stick with your first team.

3 at the back was dismantled by City.....Not keen on playing it with Wimmer and Davies

Would it be out of place to say I would actually like to see Vorm play in this one.
Not saying sell Hugo and I hate him and his family and he's SHIT......

But I do love Vorms distribution which really is important if playing 3 at the back
Very small sample size on Vorm's side obviously so treat with a pinch of salt but these are Premier League stats combined over past 3yrs......
Vorm:
Saves PG = 1.91
Ave Clean Sheet = 1.38
Goals Conceded PG = 0.83
Errors leading to Goal ave = 0
Passes PG = 33.25
Accurate Long Ball = 7.34

Lloris:
Saves PG = 2.49
Ave Clean Sheet = 4.81
Goals Conceded PG = 1.07
Errors leading to Goal ave = 0.05
Passes PG = 28.32
Accurate Long Ball = 5.87

If they win the league I will eat my shit, shit it back out, and eat the shit which I made from my own shit and live stream the whole thing.

Yeah... I said that about Leicester last season... I just can't find a fucking stream that works!
y3PWaHz.gif

'While Middlesbrough remain the lowest scorers in the league, Aitor Karanka's side have conceded just 26 goals - the best record in the bottom half of the table'.
Looks like a park the bus match. Need to score early.

MUST WIN!
NO MESSING!
JUST DO IT!
(subtle nod to Nike for next season)
FUCK OFF! (blatant nod to Under Armour's clown costumes this!)

Conte is just carrying on Jose's tuition in conning and intimidating the ref

A couple of times against the Dippers Hazard was looking at the ref as he went down clutching his leg
He's the worst offender in a team of cunts IMO
Apparently (according to JT on TV the other day) Jose just allowed them to play with simple instructions. Conte drums in tactical play at every training session and controls the way they play. You are right about hazard, he dived for the free kick that Chelsea scored from. On TV, they suggested indirectly, he cheated . Conte being Italian will have the skill to maximise every situation, on the edge of the rules and make it seem like spirited football.

I may get slated for this, but I'd rather see a Chelsea win than an Woolwich win. Realistically, I can't see anyone catching Chelsea, they have to lose 9 points which we then have to win, and not lose again.

If we beat Boro and Woolwoch loose then we open up a gap. Top 4 is still a tremendous achievement in my view considering our inconsistency over recent years.

The more often we finish in the top 4, the more money, the higher calibur player we attract.

That's not actually true. Players are attracted by money, not champions league. Give a player enough dosh and he is happy to sit on the bench for the rest of his career. We will attract the players we can afford, but to be honest we always have. To win the prem is a dream, but top four means absolutely nothing to me. Yes, we get into a competition we have no chance of winning, and then inevitably get embarrassed like we did last year, big deal. The additional money may line the pockets of Levy and his rich mates, but it will not make you and I any better off.

We will have to be on it from the off,not like at Sunderland.
It was weird. Watching the teams come out it looked so relaxed and nonchalant coupled with the lack of crowd it didn't seem like a PL match. Like a kick about.
Do what we did v West Brom and we should be ok. Come out all slow, knocking it about and give them time to settle and get comfortable we may be in for a hard game.

Last edited:
That's not actually true. Players are attracted by money, not champions league. Give a player enough dosh and he is happy to sit on the bench for the rest of his career. We will attract the players we can afford, but to be honest we always have. To win the prem is a dream, but top four means absolutely nothing to me. Yes, we get into a competition we have no chance of winning, and then inevitably get embarrassed like we did last year, big deal. The additional money may line the pockets of Levy and his rich mates, but it will not make you and I any better off.

I'm the moron when this is how you think? You really think that the only one who gets a payday out of us being in the champions league is Levy and the board? The more money we have as a club the more we can spend on players. That is how it works. But I get it if you're too thick to understand that.

I'm the moron when this is how you think? You really think that the only one who gets a payday out of us being in the champions league is Levy and the board? The more money we have as a club the more we can spend on players. That is how it works. But I get it if you're too thick to understand that.

I can only presume you have been supporting the Spurs 5 minutes. Our net spend last summer was £34m, and £30m of that was on Sissoko. Our net spend last time we got in the CL was zero. In the last 5 years our net spend is the 2nd lowest in the prem. Our spend in january was a big fat nothing. Levy does not like spending, and when he does open his wallet Poch fucks it up (Wanyama the exception).

I can only presume you have been supporting the Spurs 5 minutes. Our net spend last summer was £34m, and £30m of that was on Sissoko. Our net spend last time we got in the CL was zero. In the last 5 years our net spend is the 2nd lowest in the prem. Our spend in january was a big fat nothing. Levy does not like spending, and when he does open his wallet Poch fucks it up (Wanyama the exception).

Yeah Im so annoyed that we are not in 500M debt.

Kane, Alli, Winks, Rose, Walker and Dier for a combined 10M.......oh how I wish we had paid 200M for them after someone else discovered them.

Thats how you prove your one of the big boys eh

No point in us playing this match I've decided. We haven't signed anyone in January so we can't win the league. Apparantly a big January signing is the key to winning the league. John Thomas John Thomas was right all along. Southampton will leapfrog us all with their January signing. We may as well congratulate them now and wait for next year.
So, TheJockmur TheJockmur is comparing us to Southampton then I see.. You really don't get Spurs at all do you. In your mind we're an over achieving club and should be happy with our lot. We're not supposed to want more. One league cup in 17 years is good enough for you. Don't think your really Spurs at all are you.
Just a mouthy cunt trying to get a bite.

Last edited:
You do realise its more difficult to win the PL than the CL dont you
Not sure the stats bear that out. Since 2000 Chelsea have won the league 3 times ?. Only 1 CL. Woolwich have won a couple of league titles, no CL. Man City have won a couple of league tiles. No CL. Man Utd have won loads of league titles. Just 1 CL. You don't have to beat the likes of Bayern, Barca, Real etc to win the League. Fuck, even Leicester won it.

Back
Top Bottom