Home to Middlesbrough. 4th Feb, 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quick start please. We could do with a WBA type performance.

They won't venture over the half line so we need to be patient and concentrated.

We need to win this , Chelsea will lose against Woolwich. I watched Chelsea yesterday against Liverpool and I can see why, they are were they are. They must practice diving, and professional fouls. Conte has them playing to maximise every situation, in their favour. We look for penalties and free free kicks by encouraging the foul (its part of the game). they do it at every opportunity so much its embarrassing for them- but would they care-no .

------------------------Lloris------------------------
Walker-------Toby------Dier---------Davies
---------------Wanyama--Dembele----------
----Son----------------Alli------------Eriksen--
-------------------------Kane-----------------------

Ah man after looking at that team i dont like it. Eriksen has been immense playing in a central role in a back 3. Alli has been exxeptional ghosting in from a central position in a back 3. Fuck it i say stick with a back 3 and hope Davies does a good enough job as a left wing back.

IF we beat Middlesbro' then we can find comfort in whatever the result at Stamford Bridge.
A draw will take points off both, a Chelsea win might keep them 9 points ahead of us, but will put distance between us and Arseanal...
And... though I don't even wanna contemplate the thought of wanting The Arse to do anything than LOSE ALWAYS... were they to win, then as long as we do too, at least it narrows the gap at the top, from pretty much unassailable and virtually impossible to pretty tough but we've seen bigger gaps closed!!!!

Dier/Toby/Davies
Walker/Winks/Wanyama/GKN

- Pace
- Happy to get stuck in
- Attacking wide play is his standard game
- Would weave further attacking impetus into the line-up.

Having a legitimate LB in Davies behind him will help. As long as he has the mindset of 'owning' the flank he could well do a cracking job.

I like your thinking of a re-purposing winger a la Moses or Valencia. Does Mo Sissoko have a left foot? Absolutely guaranteed to give away a pen though.

We have to play a back 3, we've played our best football in that formation this season. If Rose is fit, he'll be able to handle Troare.

Boro haven't got a striker with pace, so Toby, Dier and Davies will handle them.

We've made The Lane a fortress this season, no team has enjoyed coming here. We need to make it as intimidating as possible for Boro. Get the early goal to make them come out a bit, expose the gaps. It's what we do best.

We need to win this , Chelsea will lose against Woolwich. I watched Chelsea yesterday against Liverpool and I can see why, they are were they are. They must practice diving, and professional fouls. Conte has them playing to maximise every situation, in their favour. We look for penalties and free free kicks by encouraging the foul (its part of the game). they do it at every opportunity so much its embarrassing for them- but would they care-no .

Conte is just carrying on Jose's tuition in conning and intimidating the ref

A couple of times against the Dippers Hazard was looking at the ref as he went down clutching his leg
He's the worst offender in a team of cunts IMO

No point in us playing this match I've decided. We haven't signed anyone in January so we can't win the league. Apparantly a big January signing is the key to winning the league. John Thomas John Thomas was right all along. Southampton will leapfrog us all with their January signing. We may as well congratulate them now and wait for next year.

Would it be out of place to say I would actually like to see Vorm play in this one.
Not saying sell Hugo and I hate him and his family and he's SHIT......

But I do love Vorms distribution which really is important if playing 3 at the back

No point in us playing this match I've decided. We haven't signed anyone in January so we can't win the league. Apparantly a big January signing is the key to winning the league. John Thomas John Thomas was right all along. Southampton will leapfrog us all with their January signing. We may as well congratulate them now and wait for next year.
Just imagine if they fucking did?

Back
Top Bottom