@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just to clarify and have it on record - you rather lose with 'style' than take any form of 'win'?

At this moment in time, yes. Id like to see some progression on the pitch that could redefine our season, rather than play like shit and get a dodgy penalty.

We need to change, and imo, thats more critical than 3pts against Utd. I dont expect the 3 points anyway. Id like to see some positivity and desire on the pitch.

And if we lose with pride, bottle and fight, playing the right way with some signs that things could well change in the coming weeks, I'll take that over another no show, where we just got lucky.

Last edited:
Spending to much traveling to London from Norway every other weekend to sell for cheap
:avbfacepalm:

Would this man sell for cheap ? :levystare:

Last edited:
If AVB is any sort (even just a tad clever) of manager he needs to ensure players are up tempo from the kick off and consistently play the ball forward more often, play ball sharper even consider more long ball into box.
Lloris
Walker, Kaboul, Chiriches, Vertonghen
Sandro, Paulinho
Lennon, Holtby, Townsend
Soldado
Heart says - 2 nil win.

Dawson will not be benched. Can't see it. Hopefully it will be Vlad with him on the pitch.
Do NOT want to see Towsend on the right, but left is OK, just to try. Lennon right for me. Maybe also Dembele in for Paulinho.

4-1-3-1-1

Sk_rmavbild_2013_11_28_kl_15_53_37.png

With Dembele working his ass off in both directions, Lamela possibly coming on for a starting Townsend or even Chadli (if he plays/does well tonight).

Never going to happen mind you, but that front 5... They could deliver goals.

I would like to see:

Lloris
Walker Vlad Vertonghen Rose
Lennon Dembele Sandro Siggy
Holtby
Adebayor

The only way this unnecessary pressure will ease is with a win. So win ugly if we have to.

Lloris
Walker-------?--------Vlad--------Verts
Sandro
Lamela-------Dembele--------------?
Ade------?

Now this is the gist of the team that I want to see.
(I'd love seeing AVB start with 2 STs, but I cant see him being ballsy; he'll start Paulo/Holtby instead)

Anyway,
For those ? positions, I honestly don't care who plays there.
They are the tricky positions.

Starting at the CB...
-Vlad has to start if Verts is gonna be out wide.
-FFS, it's so obvious: for against these pacey and smart strikers, you need to have an agile CB playing. Our best such CB is out wide, so the next best option is Vlad: who actually has been doing great.
-United will destroy us (with our high line) again, if we again play 2 bricks of CBs.

Next up in midfield...
-Sandro is automatic.
-But if we do want to win this freaking game, Dembro has to play, AND if Lamela plays, it's on the RIGHT!
-We have alot of options for LW, but this is where we have a shit load of problems.
I dont know who to play there:
Siggy: is Dempsey-esqe,
Chadli: looked decent in the beginning, but judging by today's game, still not up to speed.
Lennon: doesn't shoot, and can't cross for shit there,
Townsend: our only natural winger for that position, which is why we want him to play there. It's worth the try, but truthfully we can only hope it goes well for him there. Imo, he's unproven there.

So yeah, we are pretty fucked for the LW. Either the players suck at LW, or that we don't have the apt LWs to play in AVB's system. Regardless, I still think there is some selling and buying to do for the position.

And finally up top...
-If we play 2, Ade has to be one of them.
-Defoe and Soldado are too similar, and an effective duo would have to be contrasting.
-So which poacher is it?
Soldado: We know what he's about, but scoring rate sucks (albeit not entirely his fault) and he is probably even more low on confidence after today's game.
Defoe: Again, we know what he's all about. Great in the cups, but unproven this season in the PL. Maybe worth the gamble? Who knows?

Either way, I don't care who AVB picks. I'll let him bang his head against the wall for the position too.

So yeah ...
images

Spending to much traveling to London from Norway every other weekend to sell for cheap
:avbfacepalm:

Would this man sell for cheap ? :levystare:
you a group of mates one of those boats lots of oars i said oars one big sail a load of hats that cows have worn you had lots of fun a long time ago da da da da da da someone get hold of that fucking hawk odin odin da da da

Back
Top Bottom