@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

index.php

not really confident at all tbh, I guess I'd like us to go

[formation="4123, Lloris, Walker, Vlad, Verts, Andros, Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Lamela, Soldado, Ade"][/formation]

crazy shit right lol :vdvhmm:

Dembele was a big reason why we ended the Old Trafford hoodoo last year, and I liked his attitude on Sunday despite coming on for a lost cause. Add the goal tonight and the fact he is our only centre mid who beats a man, he has to play vs Utd. Paulinho too often is too pedestrian.

In the last 4 years in La Liga, top two Spanish league scorers were Soldado and Negredo with 59. With AVB's preferred system, why didn't we buy the more physical Negredo??! For me, it's Ade on his own or Soldado in a pair.

I love Holtby's attitude, but have yet to be convinced he is good enough for the no.10 role. Without Eriksen, we don't have anyone good enough to make the 4-2-3-1 work. This squad look good for 4-4-2 still.

Siggy must wonder why he doesn't get much recent game time, only five goals in open play excluding Townsend's cross, and he has three of them!! Yes he may be a Dempsey, but we've lost Clint's dozen goals this year as well as Bale's, we need all the goal scorers we can get on the pitch during this drought!!

Oh, and a positive high tempo start would be nice... Only 25 of our last 75 league goals have been in the first half!!

:avbpray:

not really confident at all tbh, I guess I'd like us to go

[formation="4123, Lloris, Walker, Vlad, Verts, Andros, Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho, Lamela, Soldado, Ade"][/formation]

crazy shit right lol :vdvhmm:
I would looovvveeee seeing AVB start a 433 again ... just like his good old days ... with power in the middle and all forwards up top. It's very do-able and ballsy.

I mean, what ... we only technically tried the 433 (especially the Paulo-Dembele-Capoue/Sandro part) once against ArseAnal? Hah, talk about some lack in trying. Yeah, we lost against them, but it was due to Mr. Turtle Wenger's game winning tactics, not because of AVB's failed 433. AVB should've tried it a few more times, before ditching it.

Then again, yeah there was those injuries to both our DMs, but still ... even after Sandro returned, AVB didn't even show any signs of even trying the 433 again.

Besides that, 3 forwards up top ... would definitely worth a shot, given our lack of goals.

My only probelm ... and a HUGE one ... is Townsend at LB. This Moyes' United side loves attacking using the wings. Our left side will get destroyed, and Ade not actually being a natural LF will help them even more.

Townsend at LB makes it over the top, too much ballsy for my liking. Not worth it, at least not against United. Change him for Kaboul and move Verts out LB, then this lineup may have a good shot.

Kaboul was diabolical against shity though......

So I'm really at a loss as to how we set up our defense because I want Vlad and Verts in the middle and with 433 our fullbacks are more wingbacks so the big physical midfield three will be covering them when they bomb forward alot. Sandro drops into the middle Vlad and Verts cover the sides and Dembele/Pauli support the D were necessary.

So I'm really at a loss as to how we set up our defense because I want Vlad and Verts in the middle and with 433 our fullbacks are more wingbacks so the big physical midfield three will be covering them when they bomb forward alot. Sandro drops into the middle Vlad and Verts cover the sides and Dembele/Pauli support the D were necessary.

Daws and Vlad central with verts lb and walker rb.

That is a shay for me. Kaboul really was that bad against citeh. Clearly not ready for a start.

Sandro and Paul in the middle.

Daws and Vlad central with verts lb and walker rb.

That is a shay for me. Kaboul really was that bad against citeh. Clearly not ready for a start.

Sandro and Paul in the middle.

but who else with them Dembele or Holtby or even Capoue

I think Capoue and Sandro could play together as they both like going on driving runs forward and generally look to make positive forward passes

Ade Soldado Lamela

------Dembele
--Sandro Capoue

or would that not be fair to united lol

I think Capoue and Sandro could play together as they both like going on driving runs forward and generally look to make positive forward passes

Ade Soldado Lamela

------Dembele
--Sandro Capoue

Replace Capoue with paulinho and ur on to something...have a feeling holtby will start this one though

Kaboul really was that bad against citeh. Clearly not ready for a start.
Tbh, I dont care if it is Daws or Kabs ... but it just has to be one of them, not both.

However, just saying...
Verts out wide + Daws also having a shit game against City + Nasri/Aguero causing all sorts of problems to Sandro, also didn't help Kaboul. It was not Kaboul's fault that he had a poor game. Add to that, City having one of the best striker partnership and City easily toying with our high-line, I don't think it's fair to blame Kaboul that much.

Everyone was similar at fault, and moreover ... the tactics were at fault ... well, at least the readjustment tactics were.

Ade Soldado Lamela

------Dembele
--Sandro Capoue

Capoue is too similar to Sandro. I have great hopes for him but you can't play 6 defensive players at home. 7 if you count Hugo.

maybe, but they both have the ability to play box to box and Capoue especially is very positive with his passing

I wouldn't be so sure they couldn't play well together, plus we'd absolutely lock down midfield with that 3. Holtby and Siggy haven't exactly set the league alite in the #10 role with their creative genius so we could just try to blast our way through the middle.

[formation="4123, Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Townsend, Sandro, Dembele, Holtby, Lamela, Ade, Chadli"][/formation]

Been changing my mind on this a lot... I'm scared about the left side in any formation that doesn't include Vertonghen at LB, then i'm scared about the middle without Vertonghen there... I guess i'd rather leave the left "more open" than the center...

If anything doesn't all this just show us how AVB must find it difficult to select a team right now when you have 25 players of similar standard with only 5 being guaranteed starters, yes he is the boss and should know but whereas we used to have 13 players and moan when we saw certain players on bench , selection spoke for itself, it was just tactics that had to be dealt with, now it's a puzzle

I'd go 4-4-2 with a midfield (right to left) of Lennon, Capoue, Sandro, Townsend and Ade and Soldado up top.

Think this would stretch them more

I have a question? Why do so many of you insist in the teams you put forward that vert plays on the left?
he is by far our best cb. Put either kaboul or vlad out on the left and play vert where he is the most effective. Heck you could probably put Capoue in at lb. Surely it makes more sense to have the lb position not working at 100% than it does to have both the centre and left back not operating at 100%. I have liked many of the potential team line ups being put forward except for the vert at lb part of them. just an observation.

I have a question? Why do so many of you insist in the teams you put forward that vert plays on the left?
he is by far our best cb. Put either kaboul or vlad out on the left and play vert where he is the most effective. Heck you could probably put Capoue in at lb. Surely it makes more sense to have the lb position not working at 100% than it does to have both the centre and left back not operating at 100%. I have liked many of the potential team line ups being put forward except for the vert at lb part of them. just an observation.
Having a right footed LB is usually a recipe for disaster, but having said that Chiriches is very skilful and eager to burst forward so it might be worth a go anyway.

Back
Top Bottom