@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is this mythical creature you speak of?

images

Well, a massive game and one AVB has to win and so do they. Can we rise to the occasion ? Quiet simply we need wood, and it needs to last the full game.
Lloris
Walker, Kaboul, Chiriches, Vertonghen
Sandro, Paulinho
Townsend, Holtby, Sigurdsson
Soldado
Then we have a heap of quality subs - Lamela, Dembele, Lennon, Capoue, Chadli
Question is can AVB get them to gel ?
Heart says 2-1 win.

Do you really think Ade has the work-rate and discipline to play in the no. 10 / Rooney role?
i admit its a decision that could easily back fire on AVB...
still think though if we play a 4-2-3-1 it has to be sandro/dembele partnership...leaves ade/holtby/paulinho...
personally i dont think holtby has the positional awareness to be a 10 (his always so deep)..paulinho may be an option but am willing to try ade..
just my opinion though

I would be worried trying that against Utd's midfield - they would try and suffocate us, while Rooney has been in very good form lately. If Ade doesn't pull his weight they might over-run in 10-15 minutes. I would try that as a simple
4-4-2 against lower league opposition at home, for sure

I would be worried trying that against Utd's midfield - they would try and suffocate us, while Rooney has been in very good form lately. If Ade doesn't pull his weight they might over-run in 10-15 minutes. I would try that as a simple
4-4-2 against lower league opposition at home, for sure
tbh utd's midefield of all the top teams is the shittest least physical out there...they have no true CDM..
think RVP may be out which means rooneys up front..
i expect to see kagawa in the 10 role, carrick and prob felliani behind him...felliani for all his talent is playing woeful, kagawa dosent tackle period which leaves carrick...plenty of people suck carrick off but personally i dont rate him that highly ether..
just feel getting soldado and ade on the pitch at the same time my be the answer to our goalscoring drought

tbh utd's midefield of all the top teams is the shittest least physical out there...they have no true CDM..
think RVP may be out which means rooneys up front..
i expect to see kagawa in the 10 role, carrick and prob felliani behind him...felliani for all his talent is playing woeful, kagawa dosent tackle period which leaves carrick...plenty of people suck carrick off but personally i dont rate him that highly ether..
just feel getting soldado and ade on the pitch at the same time my be the answer to our goalscoring drought
I'm pretty sure Carrick is still out injured so it would probably be Cleverly and Felaini behind Kagawa or Rooney with Hernandez upfront

Here's my tenpence worth to liven things up and provide a bit more entertainment.

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Chiriches
Sandro Paulinho
Dembele
Lamela Townsend
Soldado

I think Soldado will be fine if we play to his strengths, get the ball in from wide and let him nip in front of the defenders. He needs supply from both wings which will also stretch the opposition and create space in behind which I think Dembele can exploit. Much as I like alot of what Townsend does I think he should stop trying to be the next Gareth Bale (only ever one of them) and concentrate on getting to the byline and wipping crosses in for Soldado. Any second balls can then be picked up by Dembele or an advancing Paulinho.

But then again, what do I know ?! Just hope for a better (winning) performance at WHL on Sunday.

COYS

But do you think Ade is the best player to offer that?

Currently I wanna see us try 433 with Ade LF Lamela RF and Soldado ST

then a strong 3 in midfield to lock that area down

Holtby has been a completely different player in europe and the league so I wouldn't be opposed to trying Ade in the hole as he can be quite a creative player and strong on the ball

:ade::soldadowatch:way to go boys:avbmad:may work said avb in a deep voice:freund:and me said the legend in his germanic tone:defoe:i aint so fucking keen and my mum will be fucking fuming missing sunday dinner for this

Back
Top Bottom