How will spurs do when the season returns?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have been watching back some highlights of games this season and it makes such grim viewing , even in games we have stumbled to wins in

Just a non stop comedy of errors every single week. its surreal to watch in many ways , errors you wouldn't expect in non league football at times let alone supposed top premier league players

Keen to see how kane plays with real pace either side of him in bergwijn & Son. He always plays that role well for England.

didn’t he get like 3 assists in one game earlier in the season with sterling and sancho/rashford either side of him?

Add in the creativity of Lo Celso & Ndombele and I really am quite hopeful that we can at least play some good stuff going forward.
'Creativity' of Ndombele?!

I have been watching back some highlights of games this season and it makes such grim viewing , even in games we have stumbled to wins in

Just a non stop comedy of errors every single week. its surreal to watch in many ways , errors you wouldn't expect in non league football at times let alone supposed top premier league players

I think we are all just hoping the break has got it out of this set of players systems. I think it’s ingrained and we need a whole new defence but let’s hope they pull themselves together.

Keen to see how kane plays with real pace either side of him in bergwijn & Son. He always plays that role well for England.

didn’t he get like 3 assists in one game earlier in the season with sterling and sancho/rashford either side of him?

Add in the creativity of Lo Celso & Ndombele and I really am quite hopeful that we can at least play some good stuff going forward.

Don’t forget Sissoko at RB bombing fwd and drilling crosses in to the box after all this practice

Happy days to come

:mourthumb:

It‘s not that hard to explain, there have been weaknesses in our first XI for a long time and the squad took a big mental blow losing the CL final the way they did. It wasn’t just the players, even Poch seemed to have changed inside afterwards. To reach the biggest game in the history of Tottenham and perform so badly must have been tough for them to deal with, I know it was tough for me.

I hope that this 10 week break will have given the players the chance to process the chaos of the last year, refresh themselves mentally and be ready to show their quality again. We have some limitations but we are capable of much better football than we have shown this season even with our current squad. If we win every game we will be in the CL next season. That is how they have to think.

Might be overly optimistic but I'm excited to see if some of our longer serving players can recover some of the form that made us so good in recent years.

Poch stalwarts Dele, Dier, Vertonghen, Alderwiereld, Kane and even Son at times all looked like they were running through treacle. I know those players have suffered injuries and the Belgians are getting old (although not that old for a CB, especially for a Mourinho team) but i can't help but think being overworked an overtrained for 4 or 5 years has had a serious detrimental effect. We were so dynamic 2015-2017 and maybe a long rest can help our bodies recover and our form with it.

Or maybe we will continue being shit.

I think we will win a decent number of games with Kane and Son back but realistically we have too many weaknesses to expect the perfect form that will be required to reach the CL. We wasted far too many easy fixtures in that diabolical first third of the season, those lost points were always going to limit what we could achieve.
Achieving European football next season will be detrimental to the club next season. It's Jose's chance to have less matches, more time for training and integration of newer players. I think we should be looking at Europe for the 21/22 season. Concentrate on PL and domestic trophies until then. We will come out stronger.

Achieving European football next season will be detrimental to the club next season. It's Jose's chance to have less matches, more time for training and integration of newer players. I think we should be looking at Europe for the 21/22 season. Concentrate on PL and domestic trophies until then. We will come out stronger.

We need the money that comes from being in the CL, otherwise we will be forced to sell either Kane or Son. This is the reality we are in.

I don't think so, I think you're being overly dramatic. The last thing we will do is sell the crown jewels.

Yes hopefully we’ve changed since the Bale, Berba and Modric days but if anyone wants to go then fuck them off ASAP and isolate them until they’ve gone

We may not be able to sell match tickets until the 21/22 season. If we take that worst case scenario and combine it with an absence from the CL, we may have no choice.

I reckon they’ll be fans back in stadiums by January. We’ll be getting players to take wage cuts before we have to start selling them off. Sure we will be hit financially but I think we will be better prepared than most.

I reckon they’ll be fans back in stadiums by January. We’ll be getting players to take wage cuts before we have to start selling them off. Sure we will be hit financially but I think we will be better prepared than most.

We will be better prepared than anyone in the league because our wage to turnover ratio is very healthy, but our spending power is based in matchday income and CL money. If they both dry up we will not have significant money to buy players.

We won’t be forced to sell just to pay our salaries but we will be if we want to make big signings from a Europa League position.

We will be better prepared than anyone in the league because our wage to turnover ratio is very healthy, but our spending power is based in matchday income and CL money. If they both dry up we will not have significant money to buy players.

We won’t be forced to sell just to pay our salaries but we will be if we want to make big signings from a Europa League position.
The same applies to every other club in the world.
Our wages to revenue ratio is one of, if not, the lowest in the league,so we're better off in that respect.

As it applies to every other club, who will have the money to buy either of them, especially with Levy in charge, who will look for top dollar for them.

If they decide they want out, then its a totally different matter.

Back
Top Bottom