Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty sure you're not Croatian and as per your portrayal you liking is not about players, so question remains what kick would you get out of them winning that would surpass the pleasure in seeing our captain succeed?

OR similarly, what is it about Croatia that endears them to you more than the fact that our loval captain is leading their oppo?
I don't like the way france play & can't stand arrogant players like pogba. I prefer underdogs in general too. Always had a soft spot for croatia due to that france 98 team. & obviously we have a bit of rivalry with france too. No big deal.

If it was scotland, ireland or wales playing france, I'd want them to beat france too even if you wouldn't. As I like them more.
If lloris played for saudi arabia would you want them to win?

I don't like the way france play & can't stand arrogant players like pogba. I prefer underdogs in general too. Always had a soft spot for croatia due to that france 98 team. & obviously we have a bit of rivalry with france too. No big deal.

If it was scotland, ireland or wales playing france, I'd want them to beat france too even if you wouldn't. As I like them more.
If lloris played for saudi arabia would you want them to win?

I have no allegiance in the final, thus Hugo is the best reason i have to get behind either team whilst the upside to one of our boys holds a distinct appeal. Granted I'm inclined give some mild support to a home nation if applicable, I'd be largely indifferent otherwise if not for an English or Spurs angle.

Whilst i acknowledge the Anglo/France thing it means nothing to me personally...

Similarly, i'm not amongst those that got caught up in the "bad winner" narrative surrounding Croatia this week and in terms of shit-housery they were saints compared to Colombia!

Point being i have no axe to grind on either side of the final either and you could say in a sense i haven't picked a team, simply the most preferable and 'beneficial' outcome to me and the teams that genuinely matter to me.

I see what you are driving towards re: Saudi Arabia, but for me if it becomes a political/moral issue football takes a back seat anyway.

Besides, immediately the question refocusses to one of how would i feel if we signed a player i was fundamentally opposed to on the matter of real world prinicipals.

Thankfully my loyalties have not been put to the test on that front, but first off i'd like to think the club would be a touch more measured and considered (and decent?) than say Liverpool (Suarez), Chavs (Terry), for example, but secondly I have no problem boycotting the club on the basis of it's conduct (or the conduct it's practices in turn condones) should occassion arise.

I really hope he get some to pull off at least one more top save so he scrubs it as being the main thing he done at a World Cup final. Fucking hell Hugo you don't make it easy on yourself do you!

He always shifts it to his left foot, clever players know this about him and put him under the cosh the right way.

Come on Hugo, time to show a bit of focus

Back
Top Bottom