Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was fortunate enough to see the great Pat Jennings, who pips him to the post, IMO. Having said that, I think he is better than Clemence, again IMO.
I saw Clemence but not big Pat . I've got to go with Hugo as the best keeper I've seen at Spurs

(Oh aside for walker of course ... the twat that used to laugh everytime he conceded !!!)

Excellent performance by Hugo against Belgium, a 9 rating seems fair. He is leading by exemple in the knockout stage, and gives a good signal for the next season. Now I want France to face England in the final :allitongue:

Last edited:
Dh0OgpJW0AAPKuK.jpg

I’m gutted about tonight. Really thought england were gonna do it this time.

However, now we know it’s not coming home I genuinely want France to win it just for Hugo. Is that controversial? Getting slated on the group chat for my opinion but for Spurs having our captain win the World Cup could be so important for our hunt for trophies.

Thoughts?

P.s I’m in such a sad mood right now I’m trying to find a positive.

Does anyone know the criteria for the winner of Golden Glove? France has conceded 2(?) less goals than Croatia I think. Is there anything else that effects it, like number of saves etc...?

Image if Kane wins Golden Boot and Lloris wins Golden Glove!!!

It will be only the 2nd time in history of the World Cup that both awards go to players from the same club side.The first and last time this happened was in 1954 when Kocsis (top scorer) & Grosics (Golden Glove) played for Hungary - they both played for Budapest Honvéd FC at the same time.

Let's also chuck in the other Tottenham connection in that this Hungry team, who are widely acknowledged as one of the greatest ever National teams to have ever played, were heavily coached/influenced by Tottenham legend Vic Buckingham.

Does anyone know the criteria for the winner of Golden Glove? France has conceded 2(?) less goals than Croatia I think. Is there anything else that effects it, like number of saves etc...?

It will be only the 2nd time in history of the World Cup that both awards go to players from the same club side.The first and last time this happened was in 1954 when Kocsis (top scorer) & Grosics (Golden Glove) played for Hungary - they both played for Budapest Honvéd FC at the same time.

Let's also chuck in the other Tottenham connection in that this Hungry team, who are widely acknowledged as one of the greatest ever National teams to have ever played, were heavily coached/influenced by Tottenham legend Vic Buckingham.

I'm pretty sure it goes down to a vote because having it based on goals scored in a knockout competition leaves far too many grey areas. 99% it's a vote pal

Just looked into it. A technical panel decides the outcome

Made up of FIFA suits or 'keepers/players?

It seems like it's a technical team that analysis saves made, overall contribution and influence on games etc. All in all, with that being the case I fancy that the team that wins it will end up with both the Golden Ball (Mbappe or Modric, although Modric might edge it regardless as he has been key) and the golden glove. Mbappe nailed on to win the young player award though

I’m gutted about tonight. Really thought england were gonna do it this time.

However, now we know it’s not coming home I genuinely want France to win it just for Hugo. Is that controversial? Getting slated on the group chat for my opinion but for Spurs having our captain win the World Cup could be so important for our hunt for trophies.

Thoughts?

P.s I’m in such a sad mood right now I’m trying to find a positive.
Would much rather croatia win it.
Don't think hugo winning it will effect whether we win a trophy or not. Either way he will still be a top keeper for us!

Back
Top Bottom