Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

out of sundays game. thigh injury

Watford v Spurs - team news
tumblr_o6jtlpE63S1r2pp2to1_500.gif

Time for the big man to step up.

He plays for us so much all I could find was this gif of him saying sorry

giphy.gif

No more of that tomorrow eh Michel, ta.

Overall Vorm has been pretty decent for us and there aren't many teams in the league with a better second goalkeeper , but of course I hope Lloris is back against Liverpool.

Out of those three, surely Hugo wins it.

Not the 3 I would have chosen either.
What two keepers in the World are better than Lloris last year. Only one challenger sings to mind and that's de Gea, who's saves were without doubt were not bettered by any goal keeper last season, he can't distribute for shit though, one of the worst distributors in the league in fact. As an all round keeper Lloris absolutely deserves to be there,

What two keepers in the World are better than Lloris last year. Only one challenger sings to mind and that's de Gea, who's saves were without doubt were not bettered by any goal keeper last season, he can't distribute for shit though, one of the worst distributors in the league in fact. As an all round keeper Lloris absolutely deserves to be there,

To clarify - Hugo is absolutely my number one choice.

I'd say there were better keepers than Courtois and Schmeichel.

To clarify - Hugo is absolutely my number one choice.

I'd say there were better keepers than Courtois and Schmeichel.
Schmeichel is a good shot stopper, that's it. Absolutely woeful at kicking, made all the worse as he is by and large expected to kick to a channel rather than direct to a player.

Courtoise has been hype, ever since Mourinho said he's the bast 'keeper in the World when he was at Chelsea. he's by no means a bad keeper but he can't deal with crosses and most importantly get down low for shots. I expect he will win because he's now a Madrid player, this is how it works.

Oblak I think should be on the list, bug caveat for me is that he plays for the most defensive side in European football, this makes his stats look brilliant. Whilst I've seen him pull off some amazing saves I don't watch him/Atleti enough to make full comparison, for instance what's his distribution like?

Lloris's distribution is not the greatest, but it's still right up their as one of the best,fe goal keepers touch the ball as much as him, he is also prone to an error but those errors haven't cost his team points (First game of last season against Chelsea aside), also during a game where he has made an error, he has almost certainly made at least one match winning save.

Schmeichel is a good shot stopper, that's it. Absolutely woeful at kicking, made all the worse as he is by and large expected to kick to a channel rather than direct to a player.

Courtoise has been hype, ever since Mourinho said he's the bast 'keeper in the World when he was at Chelsea. he's by no means a bad keeper but he can't deal with crosses and most importantly get down low for shots. I expect he will win because he's now a Madrid player, this is how it works.

Oblak I think should be on the list, bug caveat for me is that he plays for the most defensive side in European football, this makes his stats look brilliant. Whilst I've seen him pull off some amazing saves I don't watch him/Atleti enough to make full comparison, for instance what's his distribution like?

Lloris's distribution is not the greatest, but it's still right up their as one of the best,fe goal keepers touch the ball as much as him, he is also prone to an error but those errors haven't cost his team points (First game of last season against Chelsea aside), also during a game where he has made an error, he has almost certainly made at least one match winning save.

Oblak should absolutely be on the list, as should Ederson. Don't know about Oblak's distribution, but he's all-round brilliant. Ederson makes great saves, and has the best distribution, full stop.

Oblak should absolutely be on the list, as should Ederson. Don't know about Oblak's distribution, but he's all-round brilliant. Ederson makes great saves, and has the best distribution, full stop.
Does Ederson really make saves? Is he ever really called on? The oppo hardly every have the ball let alone even shoot on City's goal. This is one of the issues when using clean sheets as a judge to measure a goal keeper. There will of course always be the line trotted out of "blah, blah, blah when a keeper has nothing to do all match". I'm not saying he's bad just that surely part of the judgement of a keeper is do they make saves. Even when City play out from the back, it's rare teams press Edison, so he has time to distribute well. I don't want to sound too picky about him, he does distribute well of course but just look at how the team is set-up and more importantly how the oppo play into their hands by sitting deep and not pressing them high (including the keeper). There is one thing he does very well and consistently well and that's throw/roll the ball out centrally bypassing the oppo midfield in the process, usually from a corner when City have had to defend deep, resulting in a successful counter attack for them.

But on the rare cases his been pressed he hasn't impressed at all, most notably against Liverpool last season and his decision making coming for the ball played over the top of their defence is highly suspect, no where near in the calibre of Lloris. He's already made a couple of mistakes this season having been put under pressure.

Simiar things were said of Neuer when Guadiola was coach, all the pics of Neuer standing on the half way line and everyone shouting "wow, look at that". I think standing on or near the halfway line doesn't remotely show that you are a good 'keeper, it shows the team is fucking brilliant, that it's shape and control over their opponents is absolute. Never faces two shots on his goal in the entire match, keeps a clean sheet, the world talks about all the clan sheets but the reality he's faced probably 70 shots on target all season long.

Back
Top Bottom