Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If that's true then I guess we can return to calling him a dickhead. So disappointed by it.
Thought I would add a bit of real life to this discussion and the Sun article as my first post. Firstly, if Hugo did blow 80mg this would be far more than 2 and a half pints.I deal with drink driving cases regularly and can say with some certainty that it would equate to at least 4/5 pints or a bottle of wine given his fitness and likely faster metabolism. Secondly I have no idea what the 'court papers' are that the Sun refer to - this isn't a trial (Hugo will probably plead guilty) papers wont be released until the day of the hearing so they couldn't have obtained the details other than through a (unlikely) leak. Thirdly, 80mg carries nothing like a 6 month prison sentence (that applies to the worst cases of persistent offending or 150mg+) nor will it threaten an 'unlimited' fine. As this is (I assume) a first time offence he will get a fine, probably of around 150% of his weekly wages (reduced due to guilty plea) and a ban of 18 months. He will be offered a drink driving course to reduce the ban (wouldn't you like to be on that course!). The Sun article is typical of the inaccurate crap reporting that makes them lack any credibility.
I also know a bit about Spurs as well as the law - been supporting them for over 50 years and can honestly say that when they are on form this is the best team I have seen since the early 60s.

If that's true then I guess we can return to calling him a dickhead. So disappointed by it.

I was just so surprised

Hugo was one of the last players I would have thought would have been so stupid

Let’s hope it was just a one off and he’s learned his lesson as he’s been brilliant for us

:llorishowudoin:

Thought I would add a bit of real life to this discussion and the Sun article as my first post. Firstly, if Hugo did blow 80mg this would be far more than 2 and a half pints.I deal with drink driving cases regularly and can say with some certainty that it would equate to at least 4/5 pints or a bottle of wine given his fitness and likely faster metabolism. Secondly I have no idea what the 'court papers' are that the Sun refer to - this isn't a trial (Hugo will probably plead guilty) papers wont be released until the day of the hearing so they couldn't have obtained the details other than through a (unlikely) leak. Thirdly, 80mg carries nothing like a 6 month prison sentence (that applies to the worst cases of persistent offending or 150mg+) nor will it threaten an 'unlimited' fine. As this is (I assume) a first time offence he will get a fine, probably of around 150% of his weekly wages (reduced due to guilty plea) and a ban of 18 months. He will be offered a drink driving course to reduce the ban (wouldn't you like to be on that course!). The Sun article is typical of the inaccurate crap reporting that makes them lack any credibility.
I also know a bit about Spurs as well as the law - been supporting them for over 50 years and can honestly say that when they are on form this is the best team I have seen since the early 60s.

Bravo sir

Thought I would add a bit of real life to this discussion and the Sun article as my first post. Firstly, if Hugo did blow 80mg this would be far more than 2 and a half pints.I deal with drink driving cases regularly and can say with some certainty that it would equate to at least 4/5 pints or a bottle of wine given his fitness and likely faster metabolism. Secondly I have no idea what the 'court papers' are that the Sun refer to - this isn't a trial (Hugo will probably plead guilty) papers wont be released until the .
i've been breathalysed twice over the years. Each time it confirmed I'd been drinking (no shit) but each time I was let on my way.

imo if he was drinking wine, I'd reckon he was on 2 bottles, with his fitness and metabolic rate considered.

Over twice over the limit? That's a shocker. I'd have been on multiple double vodkas, a load of white wine and then red. Finishing off with water for the last hour.

Surely the club can give the players an emergency number to call. Some die hard Spurs fan will appear on a moped, chuck it in the boot and drive the guy home. Get a couple of tickets in the posh seats for a CL or Cat A game as long as they don't squeal to the red tops.

i've been breathalysed twice over the years. Each time it confirmed I'd been drinking (no shit) but each time I was let on my way.

imo if he was drinking wine, I'd reckon he was on 2 bottles, with his fitness and metabolic rate considered.

Over twice over the limit? That's a shocker. I'd have been on multiple double vodkas, a load of white wine and then red. Finishing off with water for the last hour.

Surely the club can give the players an emergency number to call. Some die hard Spurs fan will appear on a moped, chuck it in the boot and drive the guy home. Get a couple of tickets in the posh seats for a CL or Cat A game as long as they don't squeal to the red tops.
I need to write a speculative letter to the club because that's my dream job you just created.

I think the majority would have assumed that perhaps he had a glass or two over the top and that the circumstances would not be too dark.

To read the report that he was veering around, unable to speak correctly, Twice over the limit and had puked in his car really dispels any suggestion Hugo was a bit “unfortunate”

If the facts are indeed as presented he could have killed himself and others and for me, the loss of credibility is vast now. Such a bloody shame. Could not be further away from being the model pro

I think the majority would have assumed that perhaps he had a glass or two over the top and that the circumstances would not be too dark.

To read the report that he was veering around, unable to speak correctly, Twice over the limit and had puked in his car really dispels any suggestion Hugo was a bit “unfortunate”

If the facts are indeed as presented he could have killed himself and others and for me, the loss of credibility is vast now. Such a bloody shame. Could not be further away from being the model pro

Luckily nobody was killed and as this is a first offence let's not 'kill' the guy.

I hope he's fit and well and plays on Saturday. Let the courts decide a suitable punishment.

Back
Top Bottom