Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

spot on in my opinion.
Some commentator on the stream i was watching yesterday made it sound like lloris rushing out for that chance where whoever it was chipped it over him and dawson cleared it away, was the footballing equivalent of Germany letting hitler rise to power.
i though it was great goalkeeping. If he hadn't come out, whats to stop the striker belting it in the top corner whilst lloris is rooted to his line?

yeah I was watching the nbc stream on their website and one of the blokes was an utter cunt

a real everything foreign is the devil, England is the greatest at everything type tosser

goalkeepers at all levels of football get concussions all the time

if you're a goalie for any sustained period of time odds are you'll get one during your career

as far as your boxing comments go more bollocks
http://www.thenewsoutlet.org/2013/0...njuries-only-sport-without-concussion-policy/
Brain injuries are different to concussions mate. I understand parkinsons rates are ridiculously high in retired boxers.

I've played football twice a weekend since I was 6 (now 24) and have never seen a concussion. It really isn't a common occurence. Either way, if Hugo did suffer one (not sure if he did) I've noticed mistakes since the incident. Still World Class, just something I've noticed.

Brain injuries are different to concussions mate. I understand parkinsons rates are ridiculously high in retired boxers.

I've played football twice a weekend since I was 6 (now 24) and have never seen a concussion. It really isn't a common occurence. Either way, if Hugo did suffer one (not sure if he did) I've noticed mistakes since the incident. Still World Class, just something I've noticed.
Had you been on the same team as myself growing up you'd have seen a minor (at the least) concussion many many many times. Victim was namely myself as I gave no quarter against the bigger boys. I usually won the ball or a FK, but oh so many blows to the head!

Had you been on the same team as myself growing up you'd have seen a minor (at the least) concussion many many many times. Victim was namely myself as I gave no quarter against the bigger boys. I usually won the ball or a FK, but oh so many blows to the head!
I've seen a few head injuries. Mainly due to that one horrible cunt that loves a scrap and kicking ten shades of shit out of others.

I've seen a few head injuries. Mainly due to that one horrible cunt that loves a scrap and kicking ten shades of shit out of others.
Worst head injury I had was a kick to the temple when I dove for the ball on a low corner that went through the box (we were like 6/7 at the time, so coordination wasn't at the top level :kaboullol:

yeah alot of times people won't even know they had a concussion as it will only be a mild one but in any contact sport they happen all the time

"Boxing and concussions seem to go together … and at this time … it doesn’t look like that’s going to change. Nick Mancini brings us the story."

first sentence in the article lol :leaveityeah:

yeah alot of times people won't even know they had a concussion as it will only be a mild one but in any contact sport they happen all the time

"Boxing and concussions seem to go together … and at this time … it doesn’t look like that’s going to change. Nick Mancini brings us the story."

first sentence in the article lol :leaveityeah:
Fine man, what I meant is concussions aren't a dime a dozen like you suggest. I was a bit silly in my explanation. I takes a lot of force for one to occur and again, outside of Lloris and Cech I'd challenge you to find enough cases that suggest it's the widespread problem you suggest.

''they happen all the time''. Could you tell me how many times someone has been diagnosed with a concussion in football this season? Maybe I'm being ignorant, but I really haven't seen many at all.

EDIT - and if it is, and I'm wrong, surely it needs to be a bigger issue. NFL is starting to address it for instance.

Fine man, what I meant is concussions aren't a dime a dozen like you suggest. I was a bit silly in my explanation. I takes a lot of force for one to occur and again, outside of Lloris and Cech I'd challenge you to find enough cases that suggest it's the widespread problem you suggest.

''they happen all the time''. Could you tell me how many times someone has been diagnosed with a concussion in football this season? Maybe I'm being ignorant, but I really haven't seen many at all.

EDIT - and if it is, and I'm wrong, surely it needs to be a bigger issue. NFL is starting to address it for instance.

never said they were a dime a dozen or a wide spread problem and most of the time they are not serious you don't have to get knocked out cold to have a concussion like Lukaku and then Lloris off the top of my head this season, didn't Townsend get knocked out too earlier in the season....

anyway I couldn't careless as I know I'm right lol but if you want to go do some research knock yourself out

because it's the truth there has been loads of players getting serious concussions this season alone, I just googled to check when Townsend got his this season

a quick little list Vidic and Szechny in the same match 2 seperate incidents Lukaku got one then Townsend too and of course Lloris and that's just scratching the surface

if you wanted to take 5-10 minutes and do alittle research you would see it happens regularly in football but you'd rather type aload of bollocks and argue that it's right

webmd you farkn cants......

Concussions are graded as mild (grade 1), moderate (grade 2), or severe (grade 3), depending on such factors as loss of consciousness, amnesia, and loss of equilibrium.

In a grade 1 concussion, symptoms last for less than 15 minutes. There is no loss of consciousness.

With a grade 2 concussion, there is no loss of consciousness but symptoms last longer than 15 minutes.

In a grade 3 concussion, the person loses consciousness, sometimes just for a few seconds.

because it's the truth there has been loads of players getting serious concussions this season alone, I just googled to check when Townsend got his this season

a quick little list Vidic and Szechny in the same match 2 seperate incidents Lukaku got one then Townsend too and of course Lloris and that's just scratching the surface

if you wanted to take 5-10 minutes and do alittle research you would see it happens regularly in football but you'd rather type aload of bollocks and argue that it's right
A Norwegian study consisting of current and former players of the Norway football league found out that 3% of current players had suffered concussion like symptoms, I'm sure if similar studies were undertaken in our League they wouldn't be too different. Sad, but hardly ''loads of players''. You're being sensationalist here and you can be as uppity as you like calling what I'm saying bollocks and holding your own opinion on a pedestal but I'm just countering your argument that concussions are common occurences and suggesting that it doesn't affect players like I suggested it has Hugo.

I haven't found any stats to say he's made more or less mistakes before and after the incident, but it's become noticeable to me that he seems to have made more since then. He made two horrendous one's for France quite soon after.

webmd you farkn cants......

Concussions are graded as mild (grade 1), moderate (grade 2), or severe (grade 3), depending on such factors as loss of consciousness, amnesia, and loss of equilibrium.

In a grade 1 concussion, symptoms last for less than 15 minutes. There is no loss of consciousness.

With a grade 2 concussion, there is no loss of consciousness but symptoms last longer than 15 minutes.

In a grade 3 concussion, the person loses consciousness, sometimes just for a few seconds.

Ha ha a concussion without getting knocked out? WTF

in that case I have had 500 concussions in my life.....might as well call Dignitas.

Utter, utter, shit.

A Norwegian study consisting of current and former players of the Norway football league found out that 3% of current players had suffered concussion like symptoms, I'm sure if similar studies were undertaken in our League they wouldn't be too different. Sad, but hardly ''loads of players''. You're being sensationalist here and you can be as uppity as you like calling what I'm saying bollocks and holding your own opinion on a pedestal but I'm just countering your argument that concussions are common occurences and suggesting that it doesn't affect players like I suggested it has Hugo.

I haven't found any stats to say he's made more or less mistakes before and after the incident, but it's become noticeable to me that he seems to have made more since then. He made two horrendous one's for France quite soon after.

I gave you 5 examples from this season alone in our league not some shoddy fuckn Norwegian shite

you just can't admit your fucking wrong as you are a typical modern day internet twat

You couldn't think of anyone but Cech and Lloris having serious head injuries which were 2 completely different levels of severity anyway Cechs being infinitely worse. I gave you 5 this season without barely even looking so there's probably been more......

anyway believe what you want I couldn't careless

Ha ha a concussion without getting knocked out? WTF

in that case I have had 500 concussions in my life.....might as well call Dignitas.

Utter, utter, shit.

yes carly you didn't know what a concussion was it's ok

go snort an 8 ball and forget about it

I'm done with this pointless fucking discussion

Hugo is a fuckn BOSS!!

I gave you 5 examples from this season alone in our league not some shoddy fuckn Norwegian shite

you just can't admit your fucking wrong as you are a typical modern day internet twat

You couldn't think of anyone but Cech and Lloris having serious head injuries which were 2 completely different levels of severity anyway Cechs being infinitely worse. I gave you 5 this season without barely even looking so there's probably been more......

anyway believe what you want I couldn't careless

yes carly you didn't know what a concussion was it's ok

go snort an 8 ball and forget about it

I'm done with this pointless fucking discussion

Hugo is a fuckn BOSS!!
Give the attacks a rest you delinquent. Take a valium and chill the fuck out.

You gave me 5 occurences from hundreds of games. Well done on proving your point of it happening ''all the time''. The norwegian things was an actual case study, far more reputable than your 5 examples. Seeing as you're done with this discussion, I am too.

You seem to care an awful lot for someone who doesn't care. Weird.

:llorishuh:

Give the attacks a rest you delinquent. Take a valium and chill the fuck out.

You gave me 5 occurences from hundreds of games. Well done on proving your point of it happening ''all the time''. The norwegian things was an actual case study, far more reputable than your 5 examples. Seeing as you're done with this discussion, I am too.

You seem to care an awful lot for someone who doesn't care. Weird.

:llorishuh:

oh do go fuck yourself I showed you they happen far more than you thought with plenty of cases every season

grade 1 & 2 likely wouldn't even get any publicity

like carly you didn't fully know what a concussion was and thus didn't know what the fuck you were talking about just another overly opinionated stupid cunt on the internet

oh do go fuck yourself I showed you they happen far more than you thought with plenty of cases every season

grade 1 & 2 likely wouldn't even get any publicity

like carly you didn't fully know what a concussion was and thus didn't know what the fuck you were talking about just another overly opinionated stupid cunt on the internet
There you go, not caring again.

Back
Top Bottom