Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Team-mates giving each other stick for mistakes they made or not doing their job properly is fine but running after someone and pushing him... I don't like to see that.

I'm sure it happens often in the dressing room and in training but it's not the sort of thing that should happen in front of the cameras.
I don't disagree about the when and where, but it's just not a big deal to me in general.

From what I saw Son was the one to respond with aggression when Hugo called him out. So in that case Hugo is in the right to push back.

Son was garbage off the ball in the first half and he needed a talking to. And if he responds aggressively to that then Hugo has to assert dominance as team captain in return.

It's not pretty and usually stuff that happens in the locker room. But it is probably not the first time that it has happened in the game of football.

I didn't Son act aggressively.

What did he do?

Every right to do what?

Confront a team-mate and push him?

I don't think so. Yes, it shows passion but it's unprofessional and disrespectful.

Would Lloris have done that to Kane?

Hugo has every right to confront team mate as a captain, but Hugo was wrong.

Son was already making a run, and was over the half line. More importantly, Son and Kane switch their position at that time where Kane was in far left position. So in that moment, Mina was Kane's man to mark. If Kane was in Son's position, i bet he wouldn't track back either.

Hugo really should've been mad at Winks. Just look at how bad Winks' defensive effort was in that moment.

Yet people wank over videos of Keane & Vierra doing shit like that....

Maybe Sonny disrespected our captain? Hugo's hardly an ordinarily aggressive individual is he......

Anyway.... Jose said "Blame me". :moursad:

Uh-oh! Butthurt fanboi multi's are on patrol.....

Lovable Sonny's not capable of a bit of red mist once in a while.... His prior red cards must have been for something else.... Amirite icymanipulator icymanipulator / pondscum ?

Son did not track runner, which causes a free opportunity seconds before half time.
Lloris the captain and goal keeper, was right to give him a bollocking.

Nothing to see here...

Son did not track runner, which causes a free opportunity seconds before half time.

Nothing to see here...
Completly agree. Not sure I've ever played a game of football where a player hasn't been called out by someone. I think the problem stems from Instagram "bromance" photos and secret handshakes.

The one thing that playing behind closed doors should well and truly put to bed by now are those who constantly claim that Lloris isn't Captain Material. This thread is absolutely littered with the posts. They claim that because he's in goal he doesn't see what's going on. And that he's doesn't say anything, whilst thought every game behind closed doors the main voice you can here is his.

:harrysmile:

Nothing to see here...

A bollocking is fine.

Pushing him and still trying to get after Son when other players have separated them is not OK.

A captain should set an example in terms of his behaviour as well as making sure players aren't complacent.

If it was Kane who hadn't tracked the runner, there is no way Lloris would have confronted him like that.

A bollocking is fine.

Pushing him and still trying to get after Son when other players have separated them is not OK.

A captain should set an example in terms of his behaviour as well as making sure players aren't complacent.

If it was Kane who hadn't tracked the runner, there is no way Lloris would have confronted him like that.

A captain needs to be dominant and what I saw was Son answer him back.
Imagine seeing your captain melt when being stood up to.

Best thing I've seen from Hugo in ages and I now know why he wears the arm band since we have returned from the break.

Best thing I've seen from Hugo in ages and I now know why he wears the arm band since we have returned from the break.

Sonny bit back petulantly to his captain. If he agreed or disagreed is irrelevant, Hugo is the captain and Sonny should have respected his position in their profession far more than he did.

Absolutely no qualms with Lloris putting friendships aside for the greater good, if Lloris is given the armband that needs to be respected or you don’t play for the club again, simple as that in my opinion. If Hugo ever flaunts it in the wrong way, that’s for the manager to act on but in my view it’s a mans game, take it like a man, dish it out like a man and respect the authority and hierarchy of the team. Back to basics and that requires respect as a key and fundamental foundation, along with an appreciation of rank in the group. They aren’t paid to be friends, they are paid to be colleagues, it’s a profession so suck up a bollocking and get back to the task in hand.

Last edited:

I still don't see that as a justification for pushing Son.

Answering back isn't really a big deal and could have easily been dealt with by having a stern word with Son rather than a physical confrontation in front of the cameras.

I still don't see that as a justification for pushing Son.

Answering back isn't really a big deal and could have easily been dealt with by having a stern word with Son rather than a physical confrontation in front of the cameras.
It happens in the heat of the moment, you have no business in playing at this level if something like that bothers you.

It happens in the heat of the moment, you have no business in playing at this level if something like that bothers you.

So wait, are you saying Son should have taken the push without reacting? So he is just supposed to let another grown man yell at him and push him with no repercussion?

There is a lot of passion in football but what Lloris did happens only on rare occasions because most players are capable of handling the situation more professionally than he did.

Back
Top Bottom