Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it was Kane that had failed to track back, would Lloris have made an issue of it?

Probably not.

If he had and Kane then answered back, would Lloris have confronted Kane?

NO FUCKING WAY.

I still don't see that as a justification for pushing Son.

Answering back isn't really a big deal and could have easily been dealt with by having a stern word with Son rather than a physical confrontation in front of the cameras.

He was merely putting Son in his place, I don't care about cameras or not so long as they get on with the job.
We don't know the full context either or what was said, Son could have said 'fk off' for all we know.

Your view is odd based on the image of your avatar?

He was merely putting Son in his place, I don't care about cameras or not so long as they get on with the job.
We don't know the full context either or what was said, Son could have said 'fk off' for all we know.

What is the issue here? Are you saying that Son should have just taken the criticism and then taken the push from Lloris? Acted like a pussy?

If it was Kane that had failed to track back, would Lloris have made an issue of it?

Probably not.

If he had and Kane then answered back, would Lloris have confronted Kane?

NO FUCKING WAY.

All speculative. Ultimately Sonny didn’t track back, got a bollocking and if that’s the standard set moving forward so be it.

Here’s one for you, if Kane had failed to track back would Harry have answered back? That’s probably easier to answer than your hypothetical question is in all fairness.

How is this still being discussed? Anyone who has played competitive sports will tell you this sort of thing happens all the time.

Words between teammates is fine. The minute you put your hand on someone, you should expect a reaction.

What I don’t get about the tough guys in here is what their expectations of Son were. If Lloris continues to berate the guy and push him, what was Son supposed to do? Take it?

If I had been Son, I would have knocked Lloris out. As soon as he touched me I would have exploded.

Words between teammates is fine. The minute you put your hand on someone, you should expect a reaction.

What I don’t get about the tough guys in here is what their expectations of Son were. If Lloris continues to berate the guy and push him, what was Son supposed to do? Take it?

If I had been Son, I would have knocked Lloris out. As soon as he touched me I would have exploded.
Right.

Shoving back and forth between hyper competitive athletes is bound to happen. It's not a big deal.

All speculative. Ultimately Sonny didn’t track back, got a bollocking and if that’s the standard set moving forward so be it.

Here’s one for you, if Kane had failed to track back would Harry have answered back? That’s probably easier to answer than your hypothetical question is in all fairness.

He would have responded to being berated. I can tell you something else, Harry would NOT have taken kindly to being pushed.

He would have responded to being berated. I can tell you something else, Harry would NOT have taken kindly to being pushed.

How do you know that? The only thing that actually happened was Sonny gave up on the guy who waltzed passed him, it opened up a half chance and it wasn’t Harry doing it so simple solution is this.... do your job and you won’t get berated. Harry seemed to be able to carry out such instructions so maybe if Sonny doesn’t like a bollocking he shouldn’t do things that lead to a bollocking from the guy entrusted with being our captain.

Agreed. But I would not have objected to Son throwing a haymaker at Lloris. When you put your hands on a grown man, that should be expected.

Also not sure if accurate but I’ve just seen this:

Harry Kane: Had more touches in the Tottenham box (3) than the Everton box (2) in Tottenham's 1-0 win over Everton tonight

Sounds like he went above and beyond as a striker to help out. Maybe that’s the reason he didn’t get a bollocking, maybe it boils down to someone as to why and it ain’t Hugo

Which is why we can only go by what we know for certain - that Lloris pushed Son and was still trying to get at him after his team-mates intervened to defuse the situation.

You do know (surely) that my avatar image is not of two players on the same team...

I mean, you do know that...

Don't you...?

A bollocking that involved the captain pushing Son and still trying to confront him after the other players had stepped in.

That's not a good standard to set.

Would Kane have answered back?

That's working on the assumption that Lloris would have criticised Kane in the first place and I don't think he would have done.

Maybe Lloris spoke to Son in a way that Son felt was out of order and he decided to stand up for himself.

More speculation. Who knows?

All we know for certain is that Lloris pushed one of his own team-mates and tried to continue the confrontation on the pitch after the players had intervened.

Some people think this is beautiful or a captain showing passion and doing his job.

I think it was unprofessional and not an appropriate response to someone answering back.

It should have been dealt with in the dressing room and not in front of the cameras.

Why is everyone making a big deal about this? They got mad at each other and then they got over it. It’s what guys do especially when they are in a highly competitive sport.

Also not sure if accurate but I’ve just seen this:

Harry Kane: Had more touches in the Tottenham box (3) than the Everton box (2) in Tottenham's 1-0 win over Everton tonight

Sounds like he went above and beyond as a striker to help out. Maybe that’s the reason he didn’t get a bollocking, maybe it boils down to someone as to why and it ain’t Hugo

This is a stat I never want to see repeated again

Why is everyone making a big deal about this? They got mad at each other and then they got over it. It’s what guys do especially when they are in a highly competitive sport.

I agree with you, but several posters make it seem like Son is at fault and shouldn’t have responded. Perhaps he wasn’t tracking back and deserves to get yelled at by his captain, but he has every right to defend himself.

Which is why we can only go by what we know for certain - that Lloris pushed Son and was still trying to get at him after his team-mates intervened to defuse the situation.

You do know (surely) that my avatar image is not of two players on the same team...

I mean, you do know that...

Don't you...?
My point about your avatar is that it seems you may understand/enjoy the physical confrontation that occurs within the game regardless of whether its the same team or not.

What is the issue here? Are you saying that Son should have just taken the criticism and then taken the push from Lloris? Acted like a pussy?
There is no issue, I think that everything that happened was fine and was resolved.
Showed passion and that there is some accountability within the team.

Other guys thinks Hugo shouldn't of touched Son...

Back
Top Bottom