Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think people are reading too much into Lloris

People who are suggesting PSG links have correlation with his poor form yeah perhaps
But the correlation I see more is the team's confidence. Ever since that Liverpool (H) game all the back 4 have continued to make mistakes and we've played very badly as a team. Lloris isn't immune from these mistakes and it was eventually gonna catch up/affect him too.

He had a bad week last week and I also think people are starting to nit pick him too much , people saying he was at fault for the West Ham goals. Don't think people would've been saying that had this been 3 months ago when the team was playing well

People who are suggesting PSG links have correlation with his poor form yeah perhaps
But the correlation I see more is the team's confidence. Ever since that Liverpool (H) game all the back 4 have continued to make mistakes and we've played very badly as a team. Lloris isn't immune from these mistakes and it was eventually gonna catch up/affect him too.

He had a bad week last week and I also think people are starting to nit pick him too much , people saying he was at fault for the West Ham goals. Don't think people would've been saying that had this been 3 months ago when the team was playing well
Hugo has also been quite open with not seeing himself retiring here and is entering the last year of his current deal.

So discussing replacing him makes sense. If Hugo is still planning to finish his career elsewhere now would be a good time to start looking.

Hugo has also been quite open with not seeing himself retiring here and is entering the last year of his current deal.

So discussing replacing him makes sense. If Hugo is still planning to finish his career elsewhere now would be a good time to start looking.
Yeah this may be true but a goalkeeper can go until probably 40.

He could stay here for say 3 more years and then leave when he's 36/37 and move on somewhere else for the final years.

I think it is time we made a change in Hugo. He's been a great servant to the club and on the whole a really good keeper. If his contract runs out in 2022 it would make sense to sell him for a fee this summer.

I've mentioned it before on here, under Jose (until recently) I think Lloris has been one of the more consistent players. Up until the error against Palace, we couldn't really criticise him too much. I agree he does seem to go through phases where he's just a calamity.

I'm not very good with what keepers would be available but Henderson from United would obviously be a good bet but how likely are United really to sell him?

Pope is a good shot stopper, but if we all want lovely jubbly football I don't think he's the right choice as his distribution isn't great (admittedly he is playing for Burnley). Would probably work under Jose if he stays beyond the summer.

Just want to repeat this bit , I honestly think people are nitpicking on him so much because he made a mistakes against Everton and City.

If this had been a few months ago no one would bat an eyelid but now he's been over-scrutinised.

This always seems to happen.
We have to try and be rational

Keep him until he retires is my opinion. Top goalkeepers are so hard to come by and when you get one, you hold on to them. I think people on here can be too critical of him as they think he should make zero mistakes and save everything that comes toward him. Watch any of the other teams goalkeepers over a few games and you will see that his overall game is much better than the vast majority in the league. I don’t think having another keeper between the sticks would have made a difference to the number of goals we’ve conceded. That comes down the our defence.

If Levy can work a new deal past him, I’d say take it. Goalkeeper is not one of the areas on the pitch I think we have a problem with

Wow this is such a classy thing for the club to do.

So good to see him reach 100 clean sheets and also

only 16 more apperances before he is the leading all time appearance maker for Tottenham in the Premier league .

People on here should show him a bit more respect and many have been short-sited. A few bad games 2 weeks ago and people are losing perspective. Hopefully many more great games and saves to come from Hugo.

Probably MOTM or at least in our top 3 today

Made 3 important saves and claimed everything in the box. Didn't stay static on his line today like most people say he does. Couldn't ask for more from the Skipper.

Love Hugo to bits, such a fundamental part of our club and think he's retained excellent reflexes. 35 this year so feel a year's extension and Onana in the summer as understudy while he serves out his ban would be lovely.

Back
Top Bottom