Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mick Cooper and his mates

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Nah, you're alright.

You can want all you like.
The fact is that a top keeper is like gold dust and we've been blessed to have Hugo at such a high level for so long.
He needs replacing soon, but that in no way distracts from what he has been.

Sorry if that disappoints you.
I'm gutted. Where's the Kool aid?

Hugo Lloris form this season is one of the biggest problems Spurs have. I'm convinced the likes of Dier, Davies and Sanchez recognize when Hugo is off form and this is when the Keystone Cops turn up. When teams press us back into the last third it becomes embarrassing at times. Our defenders don't want to give him the ball and start feeling the pressure too. We have all seen it unfolding.

We are not running a charity. Lloris is no longer fit for purpose. He should be dropped for the good of the team in my honest opinion.
i dont think the back 3 you mentioned start playing worse when lloris is off form. he cant play out and neither can they, thats why as you say its embarrassing when they get pressed and are forced to. its scrappy passes to each other until the ball becomes so loose the last one gives up possession. proper amateur hour at the back

I said similar yesterday on another thread but it wasn't well received by some.

PEH is the only credible candidate in my opinion. Hugo's hanging around like an eggy fart embarrassing himself.

I think it is a bit of snobbery on the part of some people who probably see PEH as a bit of a grunter and Hugo as some sort of sophisticated philosopher.

It's a class issue I reckon. Pierre is seen as a tattooed knucklehead and Hugo represents something else.

Sad innit.
it is sad.

the world cup final is the most high pressure game there is. its symbolic what happens in them games. the true big players in the toughest games are the ones that show why they are the big big players. zidane, ronaldo, iniesta...lloris has got one of his trademark fuckups...this isnt a coinceidence.

look what happened to that liverpool keeper after the madrid game...yet we keep him about for sentimental reasons.

also look what happened with liverpool after getting rid of that keeper, went on to be a juggernaut winning every major trophy about.

Lloris wants to focus on the football without this distraction. If teams become too embroiled in the circus then it will affect their performance on the pitch.

I think it’s possible to take Lloris’ stance and to dislike Qatar’s politics.

it is sad.

the world cup final is the most high pressure game there is. its symbolic what happens in them games. the true big players in the toughest games are the ones that show why they are the big big players. zidane, ronaldo, iniesta...lloris has got one of his trademark fuckups...this isnt a coinceidence.

look what happened to that liverpool keeper after the madrid game...yet we keep him about for sentimental reasons.
Lloris is a World Cup winning captain and you get shit for brains like Kosher Kid Kosher Kid questioning whether he is fit to be captain.

And this nonsense about the WC final. Lloris pulled off some insane performances in every World Cup game, especially Uruguay and Belgium. He was a key reason France won the tournament, and you are reducing his contribution to a mistake made when 4-1 up in the final? Come on. Be a serious human.

Lloris is a World Cup winning captain and you get shit for brains like Kosher Kid Kosher Kid questioning whether he is fit to be captain.

And this nonsense about the WC final. Lloris pulled off some insane performances in every World Cup game, especially Uruguay and Belgium. He was a key reason France won the tournament, and you are reducing his contribution to a mistake made when 4-1 up in the final? Come on. Be a serious human.
im saying its symbolic. no ones shocked by a lloris fuckup because its basically expected. the fact hes done it on the biggest stage of them all says it all. when he broke his arm he was on an horrendous streak of them, it was one every week basically leading up to that. not everyone who wins a world cup is a world class player, some are just dragged along for the ride. do you know who was in goal for brazil in 2002?

im saying its symbolic. no ones shocked by a lloris fuckup because its basically expected. the fact hes done it on the biggest stage of them all says it all. when he broke his arm he was on an horrendous streak of them, it was one every week basically leading up to that. not everyone who wins a world cup is a world class player, some are just dragged along for the ride. do you know who was in goal for brazil in 2002?
What says it all is that he was playing a World Cup final. The fact Courtois wasn’t playing the World Cup final - does that say it all? Allison? De Gea? Pickford? Or does it only say it all when it supports your point.

Lloris was world class in that tournament. A few top saves:

What says it all is that he was playing a World Cup final. The fact Courtois wasn’t playing the World Cup final - does that say it all? Allison? De Gea? Pickford? Or does it only say it all when it supports your point.

Lloris was world class in that tournament. A few top saves:

so because he played in a world cup final hes a world class keeper? as i said who played in goal for brazil in 2002?

a video with 3 saves lol? no ones ever said hes not a decent shot stopper, even though that is starting to wane... 2 went through him against leeds!!

by the way, the uruguay save is the only really good save there, the follow up is also missed not saved. the one with his feet is straight at him and he should be saving, if he doesnt save that thats down as poor keeping. the belgium one is an ok save but nothing to shout home about. uruguay should be a goal, if the other 2 went in youd be saying the keeper is shit.

Last edited:
so because he played in a world cup final hes a world class keeper? as i said who played in goal for brazil in 2002?

a video with 3 saves lol? no ones ever said hes not a decent shot stopper, even though that is starting to wane... 2 went through him against leeds!!
Nahhh … you tried to use the fuck up when France were 4-1 up in the World Cup final as evidence he doesn’t show up in the big games like the biggest players.

But you ignored when he showed up big time against Belgium in the semi finals, against Uruguay in the QFs with one of the best saves I’ve seen (in that video), and against Argentina in the 2nd round.

All keepers make mistakes. Lloris had pelters when he was statistically the best keeper in the league. He’s been poor this season but only our more emotional posters are responding dramatically.

Nahhh … you tried to use the fuck up when France were 4-1 up in the World Cup final as evidence he doesn’t show up in the big games like the biggest players.

But you ignored when he showed up big time against Belgium in the semi finals, against Uruguay in the QFs with one of the best saves I’ve seen (in that video), and against Argentina in the 2nd round.

All keepers make mistakes. Lloris had pelters when he was statistically the best keeper in the league. He’s been poor this season but only our more emotional posters are responding dramatically.
i said its symbolic because hes known for a fuckup, are you telling me he isnt then? do you actually watch tottenham games?

yea its a very good save but if thats one of the best saves youve ever seen you havent watched much football. gomes used to make better saves

Fucking hell I couldn't give a shit if he was a world cup winning captain or not, he's been a damn good keeper for us over the years. So bizarre to suggest otherwise just because he's got old & is on the decline this season.

He's never been Alisson level, but easily one of the more reliable Premier League keepers for a majority of the time he's been with us. Always had a bit of a dodgy moment in him (so do 99.9% of keepers) and never particularly good on the ball, but a good keeper. We've been lucky, it's a hard position to fill and we will likely discover that. Chelsea spent 100 million trying & haven't managed it.

Lloris was never in the 'dragged along for the ride' category FFS. Not that it matters because I couldn't care less what he does for France, but that's bollocks.

In a Spurs shirt he's been good far more often than bad. He's had a few shocking runs of form (right now, after that injury etc) but generally great and loads of periods where he's the only reason we're not getting battered.

i said its symbolic because hes known for a fuckup, are you telling me he isnt then? do you actually watch tottenham games?

yea its a very good save but if thats one of the best saves youve ever seen you havent watched much football. gomes used to make better saves
What’s symbolic is that a great professional can do 10 good things but some of our fans come crawling out the woodwork after a couple of mistakes to say that everything has always been terrible.

No one sensible is buying what you’re selling.

What’s symbolic is that a great professional can do 10 good things but some of our fans come crawling out the woodwork after a couple of mistakes to say that everything has always been terrible.

No one sensible is buying what you’re selling.

thats just some. most of them was in big games. chelsea, city, europe, wc final, city again, barcelona, liverpool....was it one or two recently against the scum? notice a pattern there? big games he buckles hard. thats just some of them over the years. he has an absolute catalogue, and these are the ones that have been punished, hes got away with a lot too.

thats just some. most of them was in big games. chelsea, city, europe, wc final, city again, barcelona, liverpool....was it one or two recently against the scum? notice a pattern there? big games he buckles hard. thats just some of them over the years. he has an absolute catalogue, and these are the ones that have been punished, hes got away with a lot too.

Watched the first 12 seconds. Saw the video was trying to blame Lloris for Trippier passing it in to his own net.

Turned it off.

Watched the first 12 seconds. Saw the video was trying to blame Lloris for Trippier passing it in to his own net.

Turned it off.
you think lloris rushing out towards trippier there is the right thing for the keeper to do? run to your defender whos about to have the ball ready to pass?? run to him?? you think thats the correct thing for the keeper to do lol!

you not think lloris should be realising that trippier is in control of it and he needs to be available for a pass rather than run to him and get right on top of him? no wonder hes passed it into his own net because thats where his keeper should be. not fucking rushing towards him what the fuck is he meant to do when his keepers rushing towards him and a chelsea player is up his arse!

you probably think lloris was coming to pick the ball up dont ya? should trippier allowed him to pick the ball up?

Last edited:
you think lloris rushing out towards trippier there is the right thing for the keeper to do? run to your defender whos about to have the ball ready to pass?? run to him?? you think thats the correct thing for the keeper to do lol!

you not think lloris should be realising that trippier is in control of it and he needs to be available for a pass rather than run to him and get right on top of him? no wonder hes passed it into his own net because thats where his keeper should be. not fucking rushing towards him what the fuck is he meant to do when his keepers rushing towards him and a chelsea player is up his arse!

Lloris is guilty of being a bit hasty but you're taking the piss if you think it's his error because Trippier decides to curve the ball round him like he's 1on1 with the keeper. Do you see how much time he still has when he kicks the ball? Willian is still a good 5 metres behind him, he has time to set himself and then STILL curls it round Lloris.

It's a piss easy pass that a professional makes 99/100. Trippier didn't. No fucking chance is it classified as a Lloris mistake because he probably should have positioned himself a bit further back.

What is he meant to do? Fucking kick it out of play if you're that panicked, basically ANYTHING other than actually bend it round your own keeper !!!

Back
Top Bottom