Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

thats just some. most of them was in big games. chelsea, city, europe, wc final, city again, barcelona, liverpool....was it one or two recently against the scum? notice a pattern there? big games he buckles hard. thats just some of them over the years. he has an absolute catalogue, and these are the ones that have been punished, hes got away with a lot too.

Easy. Two against City in the same game - terrible distribution.

Allison has made a tonne of mistakes and he’s probably best keeper in the world. Was at fault for all 3 when Liverpool played West Ham last season too.

Thing is - you only get emotional when your own keeper makes mistakes so you overestimate how prone Lloris is to errors.

Lloris is guilty of being a bit hasty but you're taking the piss if you think it's his error because Trippier decides to curve the ball round him like he's 1on1 with the keeper. Do you see how much time he still has when he kicks the ball? Willian is still a good 5 metres behind him, he has time to set himself and then STILL curls it round Lloris.

It's a piss easy pass that a professional makes 99/100. Trippier didn't. No fucking chance is it classified as a Lloris mistake because he probably should have positioned himself a bit further back.

What is he meant to do? Fucking kick it out of play if you're that panicked, basically ANYTHING other than actually bend it round your own keeper !!!
so youre saying trippier should be passing it to lloris's feet whos 4 yards away and coming towards him like a train?

so youre saying trippier should be passing it to lloris's feet whos 4 yards away and coming towards him like a train?

He can either

a) Pass it to Lloris and trust his first touch.
b) Pass it to Toby who is in space
c) Lump it out if he's panicked and feels under too much pressure.

Those are essentially his 3 main options. The one that isn't an option is option d) where you actually bend the ball in to the far corner of the net like you're Ronaldo 1on1 with the keeper in a CL final.

Fucking hell I couldn't give a shit if he was a world cup winning captain or not, he's been a damn good keeper for us over the years. So bizarre to suggest otherwise just because he's got old & is on the decline this season.

He's never been Alisson level, but easily one of the more reliable Premier League keepers for a majority of the time he's been with us. Always had a bit of a dodgy moment in him (so do 99.9% of keepers) and never particularly good on the ball, but a good keeper. We've been lucky, it's a hard position to fill and we will likely discover that. Chelsea spent 100 million trying & haven't managed it.
People seem to have incredibly short memories.

I think it’s time to replace him but to argue that he hasn’t had a good spurs career is laughable.

He can either

Those are essentially his 3 main options. The one that isn't an option is option d) where you actually bend the ball in to the far corner of the net like you're Ronaldo 1on1 with the keeper in a CL final.
hes passed the ball to where lloris logically should be. i dont think you realise how quick them games are played at you say willian is only 5 meters behind him lol. hes 5 meters behind running at over 20mph, if trippier actually booted out of the play because of lloris going AWOL then people would be saying it was great defending and hes bailed his keeper out big time. that shit doesnt happen if lloris doesnt go charging towards him like a numbskull. youre seriously deluded if you think hes going to pass to lloris whos charging towards him and 4 yards away when willian is steaming in lol! the next clips show what would of happened if he even done that. not to mention lloris has some of the worst feet youve ever seen so youre not going to pass him the ball when hes coming towards you and someone is steaming in from behind, its a recipe for disaster and is just not in the thought process of a professional footballer because its fucking dumb.

He can either

Lloris movement was absolutely bizarre on that play.

Trippier is expecting him to be in the goal and is playing it towards his left foot as they’ve practiced 1000 times. Trippier makes the mistake of playing a blind back pass which beats lloris for pace as he’s so close.

I’m really not sure what Hugo was doing on that play. Running towards trippier accomplishes nothing unless he’s under so much pressure he can’t get power on the back pass. Which he’s not.

Both are at fault IMO. Coming from a life long keeper.

Lloris movement was absolutely bizarre on that play.

Trippier is expecting him to be in the goal and is playing it towards his left foot as they’ve practiced 1000 times. Trippier makes the mistake of playing a blind back pass which beats lloris for pace as he’s so close.

I’m really not sure what Hugo was doing on that play. Running towards trippier accomplishes nothing unless he’s under so much pressure he can’t get power on the back pass. Which he’s not.

Both are at fault IMO. Coming from a life long keeper.

It's bad positioning and I don't really get why he rushes out but I definitely wouldn't apply equal blame to the situation.

Trippier has options, he makes the worst possible choice. I really don't think it belongs in a 'lloris errors video' unless you're stretching the definition slightly. There will be so many examples of keepers rushing out a bit too early/making odd choices.

It's bad positioning and I don't really get why he rushes out but I definitely wouldn't apply equal blame to the situation.

Trippier has options, he makes the worst possible choice. I really don't think it belongs in a 'lloris errors video' unless you're stretching the definition slightly. There will be so many examples of keepers rushing out a bit too early/making odd choices.
"trippier has options" his first natural instinct in that scenario is to go back to the keeper who should be away from him as hes got willian up his arse. hes played a blind pass because thats where his keeper should be. hes not expecting his keeper to be running at him like a complete idiot! it makes no fucking sense. its a moment of madness by lloris, hes had plenty of them as that video shows. go and get me a clip of trippier doing that again? cos theres plenty of clips of lloris going AWOL.

if youre being proper hypercritical of trippier you should never do a back pass on target, but thats being hypercritical really because hes actually played it to where lloris left foot should be. hes actually trying to be composed in the situation but because lloris has lost his head its ended up in calamity

Fucking hell I couldn't give a shit if he was a world cup winning captain or not, he's been a damn good keeper for us over the years. So bizarre to suggest otherwise just because he's got old & is on the decline this season.

He's never been Alisson level, but easily one of the more reliable Premier League keepers for a majority of the time he's been with us. Always had a bit of a dodgy moment in him (so do 99.9% of keepers) and never particularly good on the ball, but a good keeper. We've been lucky, it's a hard position to fill and we will likely discover that. Chelsea spent 100 million trying & haven't managed it.

Exactly. With our recruitment history I dread to think of who we will replace him with. I’ve seen mentions in the press of Pickford and Meslier. If that’s the level of replacement we are looking at them we are utterly fucked.

You called him a prick amongst other things. This suggests you don't 'like' him in my opinion.

I suggested that it was a mistake for Ferguson not to add Keane to the coaching staff, around the time he binned him in 2005 I think, based on the assumption that he would have progressed to the assistant managers job around the time that Ferguson retired and Moyes was appointed.

I say this because I feel it would have been an easier transition from Ferguson to Keane, for the United players at the time, than to someone who was an outsider; Moyes.

I haven't really got a dog in this fight and I have nothing to prove by stating any of this. I just think Ferguson got rid of Keane from United because he felt he would become a threat to him at some point in the future. The United fans idolised Roy Keane and I recall how passionately they would sing his name.

I seem to irritate you massively. You will give yourself indigestion.
You may need to pass the Rennie's round to the whole posting collective.

People seem to have incredibly short memories.

I think it’s time to replace him but to argue that he hasn’t had a good spurs career is laughable.

He has done well for us overall but this needs to be his last season as first choice keeper

Lloris wants to focus on the football without this distraction. If teams become too embroiled in the circus then it will affect their performance on the pitch.

I think it’s possible to take Lloris’ stance and to dislike Qatar’s politics.
I don't think it is, their culture looks down on homosexuality, yet he says their culture should be respected. There is nothing to respect about their stance. I'm disappointed in him.

I don't think it is, their culture looks down on homosexuality, yet he says their culture should be respected. There is nothing to respect about their stance. I'm disappointed in him.
He said that when people visit France we expect people to abide by our rules so when we visit other peoples country we should abide by theirs. The logical option for most people is to not visit other countries if you disagree with their laws and customs but that’s not realistic for these footballers.

It’s not really clear that the onus should be on footballers to call out the problems - they should be allowed to be publicly apolitical. They’re just entertainers. Im more interested in hearing politicians speak up and too many have been silent. What’s Rishi said? Keir? What have major national federations said? Why are political bodies allowed to be silent but footballers expected to show their disgust? It’s stupid.

Also, you have to understand that many in the Muslim world are not happy with french laïcité. It is politically complicated to say « obey our rules in France and listen to us lecture you in your country too ».

If over his 10 years at Spurs, a video of "Lloris' worst mistakes" is only 2 minutes long and filled with other players mistakes, then it probably says the opposite of why it was posted and how good his time here has been.

Yep. Not a goalkeeper around who doesn't have a bunch of those videos anyway, because the slightest error in judgement automatically leads to a goal.

Lloris has been great for us. A superb asset to have had at the club.

Lloris can howler with the best of them but some of you need to fucking wind your neck in, he has been one of the top 3 keepers in the league during his time here.

We're very very lucky to have had a keeper of his calibre for all these years, given where we were as club when he joined and our failure to win anything. Replacing him may prove to be another massive headache.

His time may be up now, but I'll be sad to see him go.

Back
Top Bottom