Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hugo isn’t exactly tiny at 6ft 2. He just gives that impression because he doesn’t seem to make any attempt to dominate his area. Clemence and Shilton both at 6ft were shorter but were definitely more able to deal with crosses and aerial challenges than Hugo.
Ipswich had a keeper called Laurie Sivell, he was about 5'7", he was a really good keeper and never seemed to struggle at set pieces

Do you know what's better than gestures, actions.

If you don't want a World Cup in a morally corrupt country, don't award it in the first place how about that, you want to curtail racism in football then make a club play behind closed doors for a whole season when their fans are booing black players, you want acknowledge the NHS workers then double their wages. All gestures do is create conversation but the conversations never go anywhere, you might argue that campaigns raise awareness but I think every man and his dog is aware that we live in an imperfect world.

Again I'm not against those who want to get on board, I actually commend them so yeah Kane is perfectly fine to raise money for the NHS and I am indeed proud when our players work within the community, my point is it shouldn't be down to them to speak out against corruption, nor should people expect these very same people to be politicians.
I agree with most of your first paragraph, actions are better than gestures but you have to start somewhere, everybody's view of the world is a subjective one, some people aren't aware that male homosexuality is illegal in Qatar and that it carries a prison sentence or the death penalty if you are muslim. Footballers are free to speak or not speak about political issues, yes politicians should do something but the truth is they won't do anything until they are forced to do it by the public which includes footballers.

He was asked a question and responded respectfully. What else was he meant to do. It’s a non story.
He chose to say what he said, he is captain of France, it's not a non story. he also said in the press conference

the goalkeeper did indicate that some sort joint action would be carried out in the lead-up to the World Cup. He explained that “something will be done” by the players, and that “we can’t remain indifferent to those topics. It will be done in the next few days or hours, we’ll see.”
But yet he won't wear the armband, most confusing.

He was asked a question and responded respectfully. What else was he meant to do. It’s a non story.
He could have just said "I'm only going to play football"
It's the "respect" with regards to Qatar's laws that's the issue.

That said, he could have got his wording wrong, or may have meant something else.

Amazed that Meslier and Sanchez are below average distribution.
Not sure how it's totted up, seems to be heavily toward pass % ... Either way, grain of salt.. the graph has Mendy and Lloris ahead of Ramsdale/Sanchez.. watching games it's pretty easy to see the latter are better with their feet. Ramsdale probably a bit over-confident if anything. Meslier is not good with his feet. Bazunu isn't far off the graph, he's good with feet and suspect shot stopper.

Hugo isn’t exactly tiny at 6ft 2. He just gives that impression because he doesn’t seem to make any attempt to dominate his area. Clemence and Shilton both at 6ft were shorter but were definitely more able to deal with crosses and aerial challenges than Hugo.
Great post. To put it bluntly; Hugo is a coward. That is the main reason he is a terrible choice for the captaincy at Spurs. He is not credible or plausible as a leader of men.

I don't agree that it's just an empty gesture, kneeling hasn't got rid of racism but it's brought some attention it's better than nothing. If racism happens at a game should they just ignore and say nothing because they are not politicians? They would be seen in a really bad light.

Should Kane not raise money for the NHS or the rest of our players and staff not do charity work?
I'm proud that they do that, that they do work within the community, when they aren't paid to do it.
It could be argued that they should be paying more tax to pay for these services.

Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

It could be argued that they should be paying more tax to pay for these services.

Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Yep I agree that they should pay more tax.

Ipswich had a keeper called Laurie Sivell, he was about 5'7", he was a really good keeper and never seemed to struggle at set pieces

Agree and I didn’t realise that he was that small but he was an annoying fucker!

I went to Portman Rd in the early 80s and we were all behind the goal
Every time they got a goal kick he would place the ball turn round and walk towards us waving two fingers
Old Bill watched and all had a good laugh
Wankers

Needless to say we weren’t happy and it got pwopah tasty outside after the game

:nawty:

Great post. To put it bluntly; Hugo is a coward. That is the main reason he is a terrible choice for the captaincy at Spurs. He is not credible or plausible as a leader of men.

That’s OTT

I agree he’s nearing the end of his career and isn’t what he was but to say he’s a coward is ridiculous even for you!

Hello Mr B.

Are you wearing Black big boy?

Of course

Black Cat GIF

Back
Top Bottom