Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It could be argued that they should be paying more tax to pay for these services.

There's a fine line between too little and too much tax.
Charge too much and people will take all of their money somewhere else and then you're left with no tax.

As a country, we could generate MORE tax by a small drop in % that encourages people to keep their business and money UK based and pay it.
Put it up and watch them take all of it to tax havens and the burden falls on the rest of us.

But of course, the general public would never see a tax "cut" that brings more money in as a good thing because "blah rich people blah anger blah"

Last page I visited on this thread: 348
Now it’s 360 and people still discussing LGTB. You lot need a fucking job
And some people need to realise that LGBT people should have the same rights and privileges as any other members of society in all countries.

Unfortunately, so many people either don't care, believe that to discriminate against them is right, or couldn't give a fuck.

Hugo isn’t exactly tiny at 6ft 2. He just gives that impression because he doesn’t seem to make any attempt to dominate his area. Clemence and Shilton both at 6ft were shorter but were definitely more able to deal with crosses and aerial challenges than Hugo.
That's literally the job description. Hugo is a toothpick c'mon, man.

Charge too much and people will take all of their money somewhere else and then you're left with no tax.

As a country, we could generate MORE tax by a small drop in % that encourages people to keep their business and money UK based and pay it.
Put it up and watch them take all of it to tax havens and the burden falls on the rest of us.

But of course, the general public would never see a tax "cut" that brings more money in as a good thing because "blah rich people blah anger blah"
There’s no evidence for what you’re saying beyond the theoretical concept of the laffer curve.

If the U.K. rose taxes then the tax income would almost certainly rise.

Those with large sums of money are already avoiding taxes by using offshore accounts and trusts. They’re not going to flee because the tax rates go up a little…they’ve already fled.

The rich should be taxed.

If they opt to leave the country, and take their assets with them to avoid paying tax, they should be banned from returning to the country for a punitive length of time. My grandfather didn't avoid conscription to the British Army when his country needed him so why should these people behave so unpatriotically towards their fellow countrymen without consequences?

What is the difference between draft dodgers and tax dodgers? Both behave in a selfish way and avoid doing their bit.

Until the majority of people stop applauding these pricks like Lewis Hamilton and many others for their tax dodging cnutery we can expect it to continue.

Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
It's funny that bit is in the book...then the church keeps an account of who has given what to make sure everyone is on top of their obligation.

:pocheyes:

Or a blow job....

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

It's funny that bit is in the book...then the church keeps an account of who has given what to make sure everyone is on top of their obligation.

:pocheyes:
The fella who I quoted instituted the Church. The problem is that the Church is run by men. Not all of these men tell the truth or live by the code. Remember; Judas looked after the apostle's money. He was the bag man and JC knew he was clipping them.

"For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord."

Like the Labour government in the 70s with Dennis Healey as Chancellor taxing the rich “until the pips squeak “

It didn’t work and Dennis left an estate worth £1.9 million pound as part of his will

The rich should be taxed.

If they opt to leave the country, and take their assets with them to avoid paying tax, they should be banned from returning to the country
for a punitive length of time. My grandfather didn't avoid conscription to the British Army when his country needed him so why should these people behave so unpatriotically towards their fellow countrymen without consequences?

What is the difference between draft dodgers and tax dodgers? Both behave in a selfish way and avoid doing their bit.

Until the majority of people stop applauding these pricks like Lewis Hamilton and many others for their tax dodging cnutery we can expect it to continue.

And there you go. Cut your nose off to spite your face.
Could have millions of income tax going into the kitty or nothing. The current system isn't working, businesses and individuals already look for loopholes because it's quite frankly daft how almost every penny is at 50% once you're a serious earner.

I'm not saying my idea is the right idea, and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me. But the way the world is going right now with a "them and us" attitude and the average person hating on the rich, it's not gonna end well.
An economy cannot thrive if the largest contributors take themselves out of the pool.

This is probably the best explanation as to how tax works and how it affects people from the bottom to the top of the contribution list.

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer, and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes (by taxpayer decile), it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7.
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that’s what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve ball. “Since you’re all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20.” Drinks for the ten men would now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six? How could they divide up the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?

The bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by a higher percentage the poorer he was, to follow the principle of the tax system they had been using, and he proceeded to suggest the new lower amounts each should now pay.

And so the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (a 100% saving).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (a 33% saving).
The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (a 29% saving).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (a 25% saving).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (a 22% saving).
The tenth now paid $50 instead of $59 (a 15% saving).

The first four continued to drink for free, and the latter six were all better off than before. But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings.

“I only got a dollar out of the $20 saving,” declared the fifth man. He pointed to the tenth man, “But he got $9!”

“Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the sixth man. “I only saved a dollar, too. It’s unfair that he saved nine times more than me!”

“That’s true!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $9 back, when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison, “we didn’t get anything at all. This new tax system exploits the poor!”

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next day, the tenth man didn’t show up, so the other nine sat down and had their beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important: They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that is how our tax system works. The people who already pay the highest taxes will naturally get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas, where the atmosphere is friendlier.

The fella who I quoted instituted the Church. The problem is that the Church is run by men. Not all of these men tell the truth or live by the code. Remember; Judas looked after the apostle's money. He was the bag man and JC knew he was clipping them.

"For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord."

Are you a bible basher? Why are you quoting all this on here?

And there you go. Cut your nose off to spite your face.
Could have millions of income tax going into the kitty or nothing. The current system isn't working, businesses and individuals already look for loopholes because it's quite frankly daft how almost every penny is at 50% once you're a serious earner.

I'm not saying my idea is the right idea, and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me. But the way the world is going right now with a "them and us" attitude and the average person hating on the rich, it's not gonna end well.
An economy cannot thrive if the largest contributors take themselves out of the pool.

This is probably the best explanation as to how tax works and how it affects people from the bottom to the top of the contribution list.
The tax that should be collected to pay for UK services is squirreled away in the Cayman Islands and other locations. The brain drain theory has been doing the rounds for the same length of time as the criminally rich have got greedier.

Take away the incentive and opportunity for the greedy to avoid tax.

Like the Labour government in the 70s with Dennis Healey as Chancellor taxing the rich “until the pips squeak “

It didn’t work and Dennis left an estate worth £1.9 million pound as part of his will
Denis Healy was a public schoolboy who went to the same school as his chum Ted Heath. He was also a member of The Communist Party before he joined The Labour Party.

Trust nobody. Believe nothing. Question everything.

I don't like religion. I don't like people who yap on about it.
Quoting the bible on here is a one way ticket to peoples ignore list.
Wow. That sounds like a threat. I better think about that one.

Could you coercively threaten me like that on any other grounds I wonder?

You're not showing yourself in a very good light here Matt.

Are you always this intolerant in other areas of your life?

Which religions do you you hate the most?

I believe there is wisdom in the book. Are you a Bishop Basher?

Religion, in and of itself, is fine.

Unfortunately, it's run by bigots and has some crazies as followers.

The bottom line of every religion is "Don't be a cunt".
That's not a bad tenant to live by tbf.

Religion, in and of itself, is fine.

Unfortunately, it's run by bigots and has some crazies as followers.

The bottom line of every religion is "Don't be a cunt".
That's not a bad tenant to live by tbf.
Very well put Stevee.

I'd love to see The Pope say; "Don't be a cunt" in his Christmas homily.
:pochohshit:

Mocking someone’s religion or faith is popular thing nowadays. Imagine any poster say what you said about some nation, minority or community. You’re a dickhead.

Denis Healy was a public schoolboy who went to the same school as his chum Ted Heath. He was also a member of The Communist Party before he joined The Labour Party.

Trust nobody. Believe nothing. Question everything.

He was a silly Billy

Back
Top Bottom