Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only reason this is being discussed is because we have repeatedly failed to take advantage of a top 4 spot that has/had been ours for the taking over the past five years, and now we find our star players are again prime targets for teams who we should consider our direct competition.

Apologies as the Edit comment wasn't directed at you it was directed at John Thomas who has merrily disagreed with everything but failed to give a point of view.

I shouldn't pay too much attention. He reckons Levy and Archway Steel were working together and them refusing to budge was all part of Levy's masterplan.
He also said he'd rather we paid Schneiderlin ยฃ150 k a week than Mason 40k a week.

So you can see what state of mind he's in..

I shouldn't pay too much attention. He reckons Levy and Archway Steel were working together and them refusing to budge was all part of Levy's masterplan.
He also said he'd rather we paid Schneiderlin ยฃ150 k a week than Mason 40k a week.

So you can see what state of mind he's in..
Says the man/lady who would rather have Vorm than Lloris or Cech.

I apoligise about tthe late response as farm duties start at first light .

Supporting Spurs iin some ways for me offers very little pleasure if l am being
very honest . Rather like a disappointing child that has talent but is wayward
and never reaches its potential . One that gives you much pain and angst but
you live in hope that one day they will change . You can remember a time before .
The root problem is that I have zero confidence in our owner/chairman which
( as many others ) means that till they have gone the experience will always
be full of disappointment .
In the real world pleasure for me is seeing my two little girls excel in piano and playing the harp .
Watching the Sun come up over my land , holiday makers have a great time in our
barn apartments , offering exceptional value .
As l said Spurs is a disappointing child in my view but that doesn't mean you
can't stop loving them any less .
Genuinely appreciate the insight mate. I just can't understand why you'd spend so much on a Spurs board when they clearly cause you so much disappointment and pain. You can support Spurs without posting, and coming here with only negative views even when the club has progressed significantly under Levy.

Every fan wants more, but I do wonder sometimes where our fans' sense of expectation comes from.

We've certainly never had it so good in my lifetime.

Apparently.. Haven't seen it myself but was kindly informed by someone, who also said you admitted that you made a Cock of yourself and back tracked ??:kaneear:

Don't make me dig it up..:adeninja:
Oh please dig it up. You'll probably find your taking it out of context. Much like the Schneiderlin thing. However, if it really upsets you that much I apologise. Now, would you like to apologise for accusing me and others who disagree with you of supporting Woolwich

Oh please dig it up. You'll probably find your taking it out of context. Much like the Schneiderlin thing. However, if it really upsets you that much I apologise. Now, would you like to apologise for accusing me and others who disagree with you of supporting Woolwich

Nah get fucked !!! :walker-scream:

Oh alright then, I apologise if calling you a Gooner has offended anyone..:nawty:

Ok then I apologise.:adebaehug:

I don't think giving anyone the Captaincy recently has boded particularly well for their Spurs careers...
:adesalute::kaboul:
LLoris was clearly our captain and leader last season, whatever the official position. He commands respect and he speaks clearly, fairly - often not hiding from the truth of e.g. another lousy defensive display. He has always been our Napolean!

When was that quote in relation to his sale? Same summer or previous?

I'd still argue that Bale forced the move in the end and Levy had little option. All these quotes prove is that Levy makes ill conceived statements. It doesn't change whether or not he actually had much choice in the sales given the circumstances.

Take 100m odd or keep an unhappy player that is agitating for a move....

So you think that Levy spent a that ยฃยฃ still thinking that Bale would stay ? I'm pretty sure he made the decision to sell hence the purchase of the Magnificent Seven

Genuinely appreciate the insight mate. I just can't understand why you'd spend so much on a Spurs board when they clearly cause you so much disappointment and pain. You can support Spurs without posting, and coming here with only negative views even when the club has progressed significantly under Levy.

Every fan wants more, but I do wonder sometimes where our fans' sense of expectation comes from.

We've certainly never had it so good in my lifetime.
Thanks for your insight even if we don't agree on how the club is
being run . I enjoy posting which by most people's standards is very
limited and rarely engage in long worded "debates" as work must
come first . I sort of pop in and pop out .
I have known a far better time , so as in life l have expectations .
To achieve , to do things to the best of my ability but sadly
I see a disinterested owner and a tight fisted chairman but
I understand others see it differently .
The strength of any forum is we express conflicting views even
if we don't agree in a civil tone . How boring if it was censored and
became a "happy clappy apoligist board " , equally a " anti ENIC melt board " .
As the misunderstood Northern poet with the flowers said
"Heaven knows l 'm miserable know "

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom