Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The posts on here debating what level of pain it might be acceptable for a player of ours who has just dislocated his elbow and torn his tendons to feel, along with the "man up" and "I had my arm amputated and regarded it as a mere flesh wound" type comments are a fucking disgrace

I guess today's news that Hugo is unlikely to play again in 2019 ( and that's the earliest) it means atm we have only :

Paulo Gazzaniga

Alfie Whiteman, aged 21 a couple of days ago - former E u19, Been on Ours first team bench a few times but never played in a competitive game for Spurs first team.

Brandon Austin, aged 20, just called into E u21' squad for first team. Again never played for Spurs first team.

Will Poch be happy with that choice, and if not think the only choice could be to sign a free agent who is HG ( we still have space in HG to do that).

Only problem is the best I can easily find who has PL experience is Mark Bunn ( ironically a Spurs Academy graduate) now about 34 and after being released by Aston villa in the summer has become GK coach for Cambridge United.

Could be interesting to see what Spurs do - both now and possibly in January

I still say he’s feigning injury - couldn’t handle the embarrassment of two major fuck- ups. Moreover, there could be a greater conspiracy at hand - player power and all that ? :levystare:

Ok, let me make this clear.

• I have seen the pictures

• I appreciate it's painful

• He didn't need a stretcher, it doesn't affect his ability to walk

• You can waste your time repeating yourself about pain tolerances etc but it's not going to change my mind about the fact that I think it's weak.

• It wasn't his bollocks, he will be fine.
Bizzare

It probably hurt but I’ve seen less medics for someone who got hit by a tram
And here's the actual point. Horrific injury, the players are gathered around and can see exactly what is going on. Did we see anyone get the boys together before the kick off? Kane is the natural choice as captain, but it's not just that. For a team with quite a few "senior" pros in it where were the leaders?

I mean just because he's injured doesn't mean people can't point out that prior to that he fucked up again.

However agree completely those calling him for being a fanny about that injury are well out of order. Reason for all the staff was they probably suspected a break, and he's damaged ligaments not just popped his elbow out would of been utter agony, and medical professionals won't give Morphine to someone on a whim no matter what they say to them

Agreed, one of our own bends his elbow the wrong way. Ends up just getting abuse.
Only because of the veg beforehand and the fact that rest of the team have folded at every given opportunity in the last 9 months. That and he's becoming a liability.

I don't think anyone really wishes our Club Captain any harm but this is the internet. We all wish him the best and shouldn't project our frustrations on him.

If he hadn’t made yet another cunt of a mistake and given away yet another goal by simply tipping it over the bar, he would not be injured.
We’ve all known Lloris has been a liability for years (except Guido lol) what’s so strange about fucking him off? It’s totally bizarre that we’re still persisting with this comedy goalkeeper. It’s such an obvious upgrade. I’m starting to think that this Spurs team is a retirement club.

Last edited:
We’ve all known Lloris has been a liability for years (except Guido lol) what’s so strange about fucking him off? It’s totally bizarre that we’re still persisting with this comedy goalkeeper. It’s such an obvious upgrade. I’m starting to think that this Spurs team is a retirement club.

I said similar recently and have for a while.
Occasionally, Hugo will pull off some absolute worldie saves. This seems to cover up the fact that he cannot pass, makes stupid errors, isn’t a leader and that he gets beaten at his near post too often.

His best asset was rushing off the line when we played the high press. He doesn’t do that anymore because we can’t play that way.

Obviously I wish him well in his recovery, but he’s so obviously in need of upgrading.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that despite a few high profile mistakes, Lloris has actually been a lot more solid in the past 12-18 months than he was before that. There have been numerous games where he has pretty much kept us in the game (Dortmund away is just one that springs to mind).

The problem for all keepers is their mistakes almost always lead to goals and with how fickle most football fans are, many good performances can be completely forgotten with one howler. I don't believe he should be our captain but he is better than Gazzaniga and it's also probably worth remember that Allison, De Gea and Ederson have all made big errors or not been as solid as they're made out to be. Even Neuer went through a period of being ridiculously bad.

Replacing Hugo should happen in the next year or 2 but the priority right now is almost every other position.

exp8.jpg

I’d be getting Vorm back for the remainder of the season as second choice, he’s competent, knows the club and has a good ethic. Of course it would be a “same old face” but needs must. The guy is available after all.

Anyone know if the emergency loan rule for keepers still applies ? Or is that only for next year when we are in the Championship ? :)

Back
Top Bottom