If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
On a personal level, as long as they can do it without risking the health of all involved, I would sacrifice having to watch Liverpool officially winning the title, if it meant we had some fucking football to watch to take our minds off this shitty situation.
I hope we manage to play all but the last game so it's still null and void: best of both worlds

On a personal level, as long as they can do it without risking the health of all involved, I would sacrifice having to watch Liverpool officially winning the title, if it meant we had some fucking football to watch to take our minds off this shitty situation.

I wouldn’t.

In fact, I’d rather get Covid-20, which is what you get when you have sex with a bat.

If it were any other club it would be digestible. But with the dippers it will vomit inducing to the very last because the thousands dead will mean nothing because it's all about them. Commentators unable to say what is happening on field as they'll be trying to outdo each other with superlatives to make the soundbite.

And I'm not talking "Is Gascoigne going to have a crack? He is you know!"

I'm talking this in pandemic proportions:

If it were any other club it would be digestible. But with the dippers it will vomit inducing to the very last because the thousands dead will mean nothing because it's all about them. Commentators unable to say what is happening on field as they'll be trying to outdo each other with superlatives to make the soundbite.

And I'm not talking "Is Gascoigne going to have a crack? He is you know!"

I'm talking this in pandemic proportions:

"We are Liverpool - this means more"

They seriously put that on pitch side advertising boards, such utter, utter cunts.

How can you be so arrogant to state that it matters more to you than other clubs and fans?

With UEFA now confirming that the 2020 will become the 2021 European Championships that has a knock on effect to the EPL season 2020/21

In order to give the planned four week break for International sides to prepare for the Euros the next EPL season will have to end by the third weekend in May (as was planned for this season) That means stating the EPL season any later than the second weekend in August (again like this season) will be very difficult.

Extending this season past the end of June is looking legally, contractually, and now even with regard to simply starting next season on time, less and less realistic.
Players are so fit now they can play through a couple summers.
Burnley could do the quadruple they’re so healthy these days

Can just see it now. 8 players on each side on the pitch and the subs on separate benches .

The truth is that the season is fcuked and really should be declared null and void. Of course that is unfair but it's incomplete and all this talk of playing the remaining games, at this moment and time is mental.

The PL should look in the mirror and say Football is no longer important. The country and the whole world is in crisis, lives are more important than anything else.
Nil and Void the season and hope 2020/21 season can start on time.

The FA, Premier League, EFL and women’s professional game, together with the PFA and LMA, understand we are in unprecedented times and our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.

We are united in our commitment to finding ways of resuming the 2019/20 football season and ensuring all domestic and European club league and cup matches are played as soon as it is safe and possible to do so.

We have collectively supported UEFA in postponing EURO 2020 to create space in the calendar to ensure domestic and European club league and cup matches have an increased opportunity to be played and, in doing so, maintain the integrity of each competition.

The FA’s Rules and Regulations state that "the season shall terminate not later than the 1 June" and "each competition shall, within the limit laid down by The FA, determine the length of its own playing season".

However, The FA’s Board has agreed for this limit to be extended indefinitely for the 2019/20 season in relation to Professional Football.

Additionally, we have collectively agreed that the professional game in England will be further postponed until no earlier than 30 April.

The progress of COVID-19 remains unclear and we can reassure everyone the health and welfare of players, staff and supporters are our priority. We will continue to follow Government advice and work collaboratively to keep the situation under review and explore all options available to find ways of resuming the season when the conditions allow.

We would all like to re-emphasise that our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.

So what does this mean that no matter what we are finishing this season?
No, it doesn't. They are waiting to see how this plays out. They can't say it should be voided yet; the Liverpool obsessed media - even in a time of crisis - would not have it. Ultimately, the season will have to be voided, everyone knows that. It would be a mockery of the institution and the integrity of the competition to gift Liverpool the title, they haven't actually won it yet anyway, and somehow apply a different standard to everyone else. You know what, lawyers would have a field day in that scenario and justifiably so.
There is only one solution that works...

So this season has been extended indefinitely. Good.

As long as we finish the season by 2050 I think we should be fine. With the stipulation all teams have to play with the same squad.

Troy Parrott might Get his breakthrough season in 2035/2036 by my estimation

Quite looking forward to watching Harry Kane play for spurs for the next 30 years. Silver linings.

Am a bit concerned how Ndombele might fare though once middle age spread sets in. Something like this I guess.

Screenshot-2019-12-20-at-17.17.20.png

Sounds like a statement to appease Liverpool fans. Haven't Uefa already said leagues have to be completed by the 30th June? All the leagues have to do the same or it fucks everything up in terms of European competitions.

Finish it by the 30th of June or Null and Void the league - it's the only solution.

Back
Top Bottom