If they had been fully backed

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If backed, who would have been most successful

• Redknapp

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • AVB

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Pochettino

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • Mourinho

Votes: 13 10.2%

• Total voters
It's Harry by elimination, not merit really.

AVB's problem wasn't players or tactics, he couldn't get the squad onside. His downfall was alienating players, he proved that at Chelsea where he had loads of talent.

Poch got a lot of the players he wanted, and he's proven at PSG that he can't win even with some of the greatest talent in the world. If he can't do it with Mbappe and Messi, why do we think he'd have done it here with Grealish?

Mourinho "properly backed" could have brought in some high priced names, but he proved at United that he was mostly past it. He continues this endeavor today.

Harry with a blank chequebook would've won us a couple cups I'm pretty sure.
Sorry, but that's asinine analysis, or naive at best.
In Redknapp's tenure the gap between the financially doped clubs and the chasing pack was not as pronounced as it is today, so any reasonable investment in fit and talented players as opposed to crocks and bargain bin has-beens would have stood a better chance .
Dismissing Poch using PSG as a metric is your biggest error, as the issues there are not down to managerial or footballing philosophy but having to build a cohesive unit out of players who have to perform carrying their agents and pr consultants on their backs, alongside their egos.
AVB was all about footballing philosophy and tactics, he was dire. His game plans made your eyes bleed and his use of players was like watching a mechanic loosen nuts with a hammer and undo screws with spanners.
Mourinho is a chequebook manager with the interpersonal skills and man management approach of a crocodile. His ego has outstripped his relevance.

Under Pochettino we developed into a fantastic team but he also had 4 or 5 of the best players in the PL at the time in their respective positions.

Irrespective if being backed that was the truth. He/we won nothing.

Had he been backed a bit more? Hard to say because I think you are either a winner ot maybe you aren't.

I think Pochettino will do very well to get another top job. He should never have taken the PSG one in the sane way he should have sought to sell Rose the moment he opened his mouth. Was never the same drain and that was the first hint of some weakness.

Poch without question. But I also think Jose could have achieved more if he hadn't joined at such a strange moment in history and with Paratici at his side.

Most of those were done by Paul Mitchell. When he left our transfer business went to shit until Paratici came in.

Mitchell had 3 hits..... 2 of which were tap ins.

Toby & Vic

+ Son

The rest mentioned weren't him.

After the 5-1 v Newcastle under Redknapp.

Then when we went 2-1 up with the Harry Kane mask screamer v Woolwich.

Man, at both those times I actually let myself believe we could win the league.

Back
Top Bottom