In Search of Kane's Replacement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would rather we get some young talent in and start again , we already have the likes of Skipp and Sessengon, this squad has stagnated for to long now, I’m happy for a few seasons of mid table as long as we show we are building again for the future , get rid of the likes of winks , sissoko and Dier and Dele and give me 11 hungry players (queue Ndombele joke) who actually want to show some fight and put some effort in!
Do you know what,if the scenerio you describe happened,it would probably rekindle my interest,some what.

Do you know what,if the scenerio you describe happened,it would probably rekindle my interest,some what.
Yeah i think it would for me as well, i just dont trust Levy to get rid of all the deadwood! I would much rather watch 11 youngsters turn up and give it there all then watch some over paid wankers going through the motions as they think they just need to turn up to win!
Lets give the likes of Rodon, Skipp, Clarke and sessegnon a chance to show us what they can do, through in a few others such as Bamford and Eze and who knows, look how good frank Lampard got Chelsea playing when they had the transfer ban, granted it will likely be a painful few seasons but will it be any worse than the one we have just witnessed?

We don't have to replace Kane with a 9. We obviously have to bring in a 9, but my point is the "scoring" and "playmaking" doesn't have to be replaced like for like for Kane. There are few strikers in the world who do what he does at that position.

How old is Calvert Lewin? If he's on the right side of 25, bring him in and invest the rest heavily on central mid/attacking mid, right wing, and CB and RB.

Fuck. We're fucked.
Calvert lewin is not leaving Everton to join us, total sideways step and tbh Everton have got some heavy backers now and have the possibility to spend big. Also he is an Everton fan iirc

He's a bottom 5 striker on a good day - is that the best we can do now?
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

34 Premier League goals in just over 60 games over the last couple of seasons for an average Southampton side. He's not even much older than Kane.

Hardly mental... Unless you're expecting completely unrealistic signings.

It is impossible to say without knowing how much he will cost but if there is any English tax or valuation based on last year then he will not be close to worth what they are asking.

He is 28 with major knees issues in the past. He isn't one dimensional but does little else other than score.

I just don't see the fit unless we are bringing in a guy like Daka or Vlahovic and Ings is the back-up option in case they can't adjust. And even in that case I can't see how we can afford that with all the holes we have.

As a first choice option he has maybe 2 years left being at that level is likely a band aid trying to get us back to top 6. I can't see a viable line-up where he is the first choice striker and we are making top 4. He made a ton of sense when we had Kane, but to me makes no sense with him gone.

If he is coming in around 20m I would take him as well. but I think he is going to be a ridiculous price like 40m+.

I think we need to look beyond next year if Kane is leaving and Ings beyond next season looks like a terrible option. Yes his knees have been fine since coming to Southampton but do you want to bet on those knees holding up as he gets into his 30's?

If we are looking at someone like Ings, I would rather spend more to get a guy like DCL that has the same proven PL experience but will be good for more than 2-3 years or a more talented guy without PL experience who again would be here longer than 2-3 years.

Ings seems like the typical band-aid solution signing that we need to replace almost immediately after signing that were terrible previously, but at least made some sense when trying to maximize results with Kane here, but now that it looks like top 4 is gone for next year I prefer to bring in guys that can get us back to top 4 not hopefully get us to squeak into 6th.
I watch a lot of Southampton and my fear in relation to Ings is that he could be done in 12-18 months. He's always fighting some kind of a niggle. You never know if he's going to feel a twinge and have to come off very early in a game.

It seems like this is the time for them to maximize his value or keep him.

I guess if they think Che Adams is ready to break out maybe they are willing to move on, but I think Adams sucks so for 15m I would likely just keep Ings if I were them.
Hassenhuttl could be in real bother if he goes, because they are mean with their money down there, and their recruitment has been very questionable in recent times. Adams is doing a decent job as a second striker, and works well with Ings, but it's hard to see him becoming a consistent goalscorer. But I think Ings is itching to go. You can tell by his body language at times.

Would be poetic if Scarlett does a Rooney next season.

Agree with many - fast, agile, young(ish), good touch and pass, excellent finisher x2 ideally.

Would be lovely if we signed Daka and Grealish as we had £120 deal with City in place, then Harry fails a medical at City!

Southampton had to sell Hojberg for a lot less than they wanted because the player was intent on joining us and not signing a new contract there which had a year left on it. The same will happen with Ings, if he says he wants to join us and no-one else then Southampton will have to sell cheaply or lose him for nothing next summer. That's the threat and the play and buying club hold all the aces. Ings will be sold for 15-20 mill which is very reasonable imo

That low spend will give us more money to spend on a young striker with potential, Vlahovic, or Isak, or Daka, or Edouard etc

We need two strikers but for £20-30m Ings is a no brainer a proven deadly striker in this league.

Kane both creates and scores goals from both in and outside the box, he’s an all-round player. Toney is a 6 yard tap-in merchant, not what we need.
If what we need to replace Kane is another Kane we're fucked.

To me, if you can replace the danger he creates in the box with a number 9, you can build the rest of the team to provide some of those other attributes.

If we can find the next Gary Lineker we're in really good shape.

Luka Jovic might be worth a punt. It's not happened for him over the last year or two since his big money move but is clearly a very good striker. Just needs to find the right club and some confidence.

I wouldn't go near him with a barge pole, we should not be signing players who have already flopped at better clubs. We need hungry players without baggage.

Well it won’t be Patson Daka sold to Leicester for just 22 million (in today’s market a bargain)

Wtf is going on
Where was big shot Mr Paratici on that deal?

Daka is going take the premier league by storm disappointed it will be with Leicester city but will be a good watch.

Back
Top Bottom