In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree. I don't think we've even scratched the surface yet of the potential of some players. I reckon at least a couple of Rodon, Requilion, Lo Celso, Ndombele & Bergwijn will end up being excellent for us over the coming years. They've all been suffocated by general lack of fitness and negative tactics. No question we need another 4 or so first team ready players though.

Well, I am not sure all will be excellent for us, but they might be good for others. Personally, I'd like a new manager make the decision on who to keep. We can't sell them all. There are few obvious one I'd rather sell first like Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko and then comes the likes of Winks, Davies, Bergwijn, Lamela, Lucas, Dele etc where I'd want our new manager to decide whether they should get 6/12 months to show themselves worthy.

Compare our squad player to player with Wolves and be afraid. We're barely stronger in a single position without these two.

But that's the case with everyone outside the top 3 squads in the PL right now. Meh squads defined by their star players.

Wolves also have a Portuguese criminal in charge so I wouldn’t read too much into that.

We won't get a big name, we will end up with somebody who is going to buy into the "project"

Couple of reasons for that, Mourinho didn't work out and no big name manager is going to want to come to a team on the downward trajectory looking to offload its biggest assets.

Can see a Graham Potter type of appointment.

To be fair to Graham Potter his sides are well drilled and play decent football, I much prefer to watch Brighton play football than Spurs these days.
Maybe he could do a job but the pressure at Spurs is a different animal many fans will be underwhelmed and turn on him fairly quickly.

We won't get a big name, we will end up with somebody who is going to buy into the "project"

Couple of reasons for that, Mourinho didn't work out and no big name manager is going to want to come to a team on the downward trajectory looking to offload its biggest assets.

Can see a Graham Potter type of appointment.

To be fair to Graham Potter his sides are well drilled and play decent football, I much prefer to watch Brighton play football than Spurs these days.
Maybe he could do a job but the pressure at Spurs is a different animal many fans will be underwhelmed and turn on him fairly quickly.

Play decent football and you would buy yourself a lot more time. Biggest reason I want Jose gone is the football is utter wank. If Potter or Ten Hag or whoever got us entertaining we could stomach 6th place for a season while the rebuild was going on, with Jose we are dreadful and the whole life of the team seems to have drained away.

Imagine actually believing this
all the better players we have are JoseIn , don't tell me it's because they can't say anything bad about the manager, because they definitely can. Pogba did it at United, Madrid players did it, Chelsea players did cause that's how we know he lost the dressing room. Those who are Joseout in squad are the one we should get rid of, they have let down poch, they have let down Mourinho, they will let down any manager.

all the better players we have are JoseIn ,

CxBbq9.gif

Well, I am not sure all will be excellent for us, but they might be good for others. Personally, I'd like a new manager make the decision on who to keep. We can't sell them all. There are few obvious one I'd rather sell first like Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko and then comes the likes of Winks, Davies, Bergwijn, Lamela, Lucas, Dele etc where I'd want our new manager to decide whether they should get 6/12 months to show themselves worthy.
Agree - don’t want a clean slate for all though, new man gotta watch some footage and start some early binning

Back
Top Bottom