In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gallardo
Potter
Rodgers

Its a simple as this for me but the truth is a DOF is even more important. And probably anyone other than Rodgers guarantees that one of Son and or Kane leaves immediately. I can live with giving either of the first two a three year project to secure ECL football an a full squad rebuild with the aim of promoting youth.

I don’t get this obsession with Potter here, Brighton are where they always are, around the bottom 3 and he couldn’t get newly relegated Swansea promoted .
Yes they play football the right way, but he doesn’t get more positive results out of players . I don’t see how anyone can have him above Rodgers or Ten Hag, who are proven to play attractive football whilst also improving results on the pitch.
Really don’t want Rodgers

I know not the most likeable character, but what’s everyone’s thoughts on Brendan ? I personally think he’s the one we are getting. His ceiling at Leicester is pretty much where he is now. At Spurs he has such huge potential as we are a step up, I don’t care what anyone says

I know not the most likeable character, but what’s everyone’s thoughts on Brendan ? I personally think he’s the one we are getting. His ceiling at Leicester is pretty much where he is now. At Spurs he has such huge potential as we are a step up, I don’t care what anyone says

Levy doesn’t really do left field so I suspect it will be him. He will only leave Leicester though I reckon if they don’t get champions league, which I think they will. Then I don’t know where we turn.

Levy doesn’t really do left field so I suspect it will be him. He will only leave Leicester though I reckon if they don’t get champions league, which I think they will. Then I don’t know where we turn.

I still think even with CL, spurs are a bigger pull than Leicester. I think Brendan could look at spurs as potentially building something special. I personally think Leicester are a where they are and will never get any better. Their league win was obviously incredible but was once in a lifetime. Will never happen again. If spurs are really serious about Brendan, he comes to Spurs it’s as simple as that

Might as well make Harry player manager, poor sod has to do everything else. He defends corners, goal line clearances, last ditch blocks , assists goals, scores goals , sets an exemplary standard in everything he does.
Although I don’t mean it , well at least not the first seven words

I still think even with CL, spurs are a bigger pull than Leicester. I think Brendan could look at spurs as potentially building something special. I personally think Leicester are a where they are and will never get any better. Their league win was obviously incredible but was once in a lifetime. Will never happen again. If spurs are really serious about Brendan, he comes to Spurs it’s as simple as that

I really resent this line of thinking. if they're in the CL and we're not they're the bigger draw.

for the last few years we've grown and become a bigger and better team we'd be finishing in the CL positions and United wouldn't be and the media would still say Kane to United is a step up and i'd fucking blow a gasket!

Can't have it both ways. the ceiling has to be breakable, and in fairness to them they've won the fucking PL!

No team belongs in a certain place or above a certain team. Football is fluid and tbh it's frankly arrogant and entitled to think we're a step up from Leicester right now any more than United was a step up form us when we were finishing above them.

Imagine having to pay off Mourinho, then pay multi millions in compensation for Rodgers who has 4 years left on his Leicester contract, and then pay Rodgers a fairly hefty salary too because he is in very good money there (around 10 mill a year)

Total waste of money.

I really resent this line of thinking. if they're in the CL and we're not they're the bigger draw.

for the last few years we've grown and become a bigger and better team we'd be finishing in the CL positions and United wouldn't be and the media would still say Kane to United is a step up and i'd fucking blow a gasket!

Can't have it both ways. the ceiling has to be breakable, and in fairness to them they've won the fucking PL!

No team belongs in a certain place or above a certain team. Football is fluid and tbh it's frankly arrogant and entitled to think we're a step up from Leicester right now any more than United was a step up form us when we were finishing above them.

It’s not arrogant, it’s bloody facts mate. Spurs are a bigger and better pull than Leicester, it’s as simple as that. If Leicester get into the CL for the next 4/5 years, then yes you can say they are starting to build something special. If spurs had 150 mil and so did Leicester. Both went for Haaland and offered him exactly the same money, who’s he going too? Even with how shite we are, Haaland is picking us over Leicester any day of the week.

Well maybe this fucking club needs a bit of arrogance. You wont have fucking any club near tottenham in the table admit leicester are a better bigger club so why should we. Its enough other clubs fans belittle so why the fuck should our own fans.

Back
Top Bottom