In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hassenhuttl would be a nice safe Premier League appointment. Gets his team working hard and playing great football. Defensively there may be a few issues there but we'd see amazing football that could just start to strike fear into opponents again.

Hassenhuttl would be the perfect fit in my mind. He likes to play good football and knows how to win. Would levy pay out another manager & hire an unproven manager ?

So, our fans want to try a manager who hasn’t won anything to see how he does with us? Once they realize that that manager is only able to keep us challenging for top 6 and mid table, what are y’all gonna say? We’ll give him more time? We’re content with mid table and challenging for top 4 every now and then?

We need a manager who has had the experience to help build a squad and structure of our operations into a next level club. We have been punching above our weight with Poch but Jose has done it everywhere he’s been. He knows what we need and just need some time to build what he needs. It may not work out and he may lose patience but it’s step by step in the right direction for where we want to be as a club.

So, our fans want to try a manager who hasn’t won anything to see how he does with us? Once they realize that that manager is only able to keep us challenging for top 6 and mid table, what are y’all gonna say? We’ll give him more time? We’re content with mid table and challenging for top 4 every now and then?

We need a manager who has had the experience to help build a squad and structure of our operations into a next level club. We have been punching above our weight with Poch but Jose has done it everywhere he’s been. He knows what we need and just need some time to build what he needs. It may not work out and he may lose patience but it’s step by step in the right direction for where we want to be as a club.

Why is it a given that we will be mid table with a new manager?

Or a given that we will have success with Jose?

I am pretty sure that at some point even the winningest managers hadn't won something and had to be given a shot to win.

Clearly Jose doesn't have it any more. We need a change. I'm afraid it will be some time into next year before it happens and I probably won't watch as much football until it does. Even when we win I'm walking away from that experience angry. It's not fucking worth it. If I was Son, Kane, Ndombele, Dele, a player with talent I would hand Levy a transfer request. It can't be worth playing this boring shit football just for a title. A title that we most likely won't get anyway

So who do we replace him with.

Tuchel is available now, so I wish Levy is as fed up as I am.

Hasenhuttl is playing good football, effective and pretty nice to watch.

Potter plays really beautiful football, but he has a bit of a problem getting his teams to score. With Kane and Son maybe that wouldn't be a problem. Plus he has won stuff.

Chiffi, Atalanta's coach is playing a really exciting football. And have punched above the teams weight.

Nagelsman also attractive football.

Ten Haag very attractive football and effective. Plus he has won shit.

Rose, Gladbach's coach. Seems to be going to BVB in the summer.

Rodgers

I don't know.

I'd happily take one of those today if it was possible. But I'm sure Mourinho will be given more time.

Rose, Gladbach's coach. Seems to be going to BVB in the summer.
Damn, is he? Been following him since he was managing Salzburg, I think he’s got good potential of becoming a top manager, although this season his Gladbach team has gotten some poor results. If he goes to Dortmund I hope he can deal well with pressure because if he doesn’t, it could weigh a lot in his CV if he gets sacked or whatever.

Damn, is he? Been following him since he was managing Salzburg, I think he’s got good potential of becoming a top manager, although this season his Gladbach team has gotten some poor results. If he goes to Dortmund I hope he can deal well with pressure because if he doesn’t, it could weigh a lot in his CV if he gets sacked or whatever.
I have a friend that watches a lot of German football and reads a lot about it, can't stop talking about it. He told me so. Maybe he just got it from some click bait site, but I somehow trust that he got it from a pretty good source.

Maybe I am biased (as a Dane), but if Mou is to be replaced, then I think we should be bold and hire Thomas Frank of Brentford. I can only drool at the thought of what he could do with this squad.

Jose has had one year. How many years will the others get before you all call for their heads?
Look mate, Pochettino’s got similar pattern going on when he was here in his first year, people started to doubt him after we didn’t improve from the dross football under AVB. Some wanted him gone, I remember very fairly that, then a certain Aston Villa game when we won in the last minute from a Harry Kane freekick kickstarted what would be a visible progress. We knew how Southampton played under Pochettino and we knew that would be what we should play, but it took time of course.

Same with Mourinho, with any other managers. Mourinho’s had enough time to put his print on the football style and the problem is that unlike Pochettino, we’re not making any progress in terms of getting the promised results. We’re also having the image of how Mourinho’s teams play football and there’s not something that makes this whole wait worth. He makes his team play shit football. Bbbbb but his Real Madrid side scored 100 goals!!!!!! Well most good managers could have taken that star ridden Real Madrid side to glory, can we agree? Also it means what, that he needs super quality players to make his system tick? He won’t get them here.

Before he joined I heard him say he won’t get involved with another club unless it’s a serious project and I was interested to see what he’s up to after he joined. Slowly I came to realize it’s nothing changed in his philosophy. Last season started to become obvious, but he had excuses of key players picking injuries. After the lockdown, he had no injuries and same football was played. Still he got time because he got some results. This season the trend continued. If you can’t fucking see it then I don’t know what else to say.

Look mate, Pochettino’s got similar pattern going on when he was here in his first year, people started to doubt him after we didn’t improve from the dross football under AVB. Some wanted him gone, I remember very fairly that, then a certain Aston Villa game when we won in the last minute from a Harry Kane freekick kickstarted what would be a visible progress. We knew how Southampton played under Pochettino and we knew that would be what we should play, but it took time of course.

Same with Mourinho, with any other managers. Mourinho’s had enough time to put his print on the football style and the problem is that unlike Pochettino, we’re not making any progress in terms of getting the promised results. We’re also having the image of how Mourinho’s teams play football and there’s not something that makes this whole wait worth. He makes his team play shit football. Bbbbb but his Real Madrid side scored 100 goals!!!!!! Well most good managers could have taken that star ridden Real Madrid side to glory, can we agree? Also it means what, that he needs super quality players to make his system tick? He won’t get them here.

Before he joined I heard him say he won’t get involved with another club unless it’s a serious project and I was interested to see what he’s up to after he joined. Slowly I came to realize it’s nothing changed in his philosophy. Last season started to become obvious, but he had excuses of key players picking injuries. After the lockdown, he had no injuries and same football was played. Still he got time because he got some results. This season the trend continued. If you can’t fucking see it then I don’t know what else to say.

All I know is, he’s been here a year. Took the job mid season, players’ morale in the dumps, haven’t won an away game in about a year, games coming thick and fast, got us some results, then suffered injuries after injuries, then covid shutdown, everyone worked virtually on their own & via video conferencing, when the season resumed, we went straight into a hectic period, then straight into a short preseason, many players still coming back from injuries and in the process of getting back to fitness, we started to get a fitter tanguy only to get a coming back from fitness Lo Celso, barely getting fit, injured again. On top of that we had to bed in a number of new players. We are also transitioning a midfielder into a CB without getting a ready to hit the ground running CB.

I don’t know mate, I know what you see. However. I see lots to do and lots of flux. I’m not defending Jose but considering what’s gone on, I am reasonably extending him some patience and time.

Hassenhuttl would be good but a lot of very big clubs have eyes on him by now. Not sure we will get him.

He's hardly unproven as someone wrote above - his track record with Saints is at least as impressive as Poch's when MP came to us, and he's been doing it over a slightly longer period.

Maybe I am biased (as a Dane), but if Mou is to be replaced, then I think we should be bold and hire Thomas Frank of Brentford. I can only drool at the thought of what he could do with this squad.
Interesting one. Bit of a risk but really do like Brentford's style.

Don't think Hassenhuttl leaves right now, Saints have been loyal to him and he will be there for a bit in my judgment.

Considering how badly Levy wanted Jose it's no good reflection on him if this appointment turns out to be a negative one.

Hassenhuttl would be good but a lot of very big clubs have eyes on him by now. Not sure we will get him.

He's hardly unproven as someone wrote above - his track record with Saints is at least as impressive as Poch's when MP came to us, and he's been doing it over a slightly longer period.
His name would be a bitch to type if he were to become our manager though.

I find PEH difficult enough as it is.

All I know is, he’s been here a year. Took the job mid season, players’ morale in the dumps, haven’t won an away game in about a year, games coming thick and fast, got us some results, then suffered injuries after injuries, then covid shutdown, everyone worked virtually on their own & via video conferencing, when the season resumed, we went straight into a hectic period, then straight into a short preseason, many players still coming back from injuries and in the process of getting back to fitness, we started to get a fitter tanguy only to get a coming back from fitness Lo Celso, barely getting fit, injured again. On top of that we had to bed in a number of new players. We are also transitioning a midfielder into a CB without getting a ready to hit the ground running CB.

I don’t know mate, I know what you see. However. I see lots to do and lots of flux. I’m not defending Jose but considering what’s gone on, I am reasonably extending him some patience and time.
I see an array of excuses to be honest. Didn’t the other managers get to work in the same Covid situation? Bedding in new players? Lol what a strange scenario innit..... except isn’t that what managers are supposed to do? Ndombele’s fitness has been a problem last season yes but this season he’s played often. Doesn’t matter though as he’s very likely to be subbed off after 60 mins anyway. If he is being managed cautiously as he’s the only creative player we have bar Lo Celso, then why isn’t Mourinho doing the same with Son and Kane? They’re as irreplaceable as Ndombele in these conditions, maybe more as they’re our single source of goals.

Back
Top Bottom