In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Megan Rapinoe would be great for north American publicity, plus we could be the first top flight club to appoint a gay or female manager.

:adethumbup:

If PSG get rid of Tuchel then he should be on any potential Jose successor list. Spoke highly of us when we played his Dortmund team a few years ago

Was Van Bommel ever rated as a manager? Or was his PSV team just that good?

Who is even available right now? Marcelino I guess but I don't think that he speaks English.

I do think that a German coach would suit us well and bring a style of play that the fans want to see.

HassenHüttl would be good but I am not sure if Saints would let him go.

There's also 0% chance that Red Bull lets him leave. He is on a longterm deal.
And ultimately, will live in the shadow of Bayern Munich.

At least the EPL has a few clubs challenging, bigger league, bigger standing. Our ex manager who won nothing is touted for all the big jobs on the back of what he did here, could Nagelsmann see that as a step to the very top?

My views haven’t changed.

Klopp, Pep, Tuchel or whoever might make a better sub, might have a better approach, but they won’t make LLoris not be crap, or Aurier be better, or Ndombele fit, or Deles flicks work more than once every 12 games or our injuries recover. They won’t instill belief any quicker.

I think Jose has won more than all of them combined so for that reason, I’m still in and will judge Jose after a pre season, summer window, and season where he hasn’t come in midway and had to recharge a side free falling towards the relegation zone who had lost to a division 4 team a few weeks earlier.

Lots to be expected but the whether it’s Jose or Bill Nic, the same rebuild of this squad is required.

Forget title challenges.....those belittling Carabou’s and EL trophies need to have a word with themselves

All this speculation is pointless. With Levy giving Mourinho a 4 year contract on very high wages, there is no way he's giving him a big payoff this soon.

He will be here till the end of next season minimum.

Jose getting a summer window utterly petrifies me. Especially when he comes out with "We will only make small changes".

Next season could be even more painful.

My views haven’t changed.

Klopp, Pep, Tuchel or whoever might make a better sub, might have a better approach, but they won’t make LLoris not be crap, or Aurier be better, or Ndombele fit, or Deles flicks work more than once every 12 games or our injuries recover. They won’t instill belief any quicker.

I think Jose has won more than all of them combined so for that reason, I’m still in and will judge Jose after a pre season, summer window, and season where he hasn’t come in midway and had to recharge a side free falling towards the relegation zone who had lost to a division 4 team a few weeks earlier.

Lots to be expected but the whether it’s Jose or Bill Nic, the same rebuild of this squad is required.

Forget title challenges.....those belittling Carabou’s and EL trophies need to have a word with themselves

A different manager won't get Ndombele fitter.......when a different manager had him fitter just last season

A different manager won't get Ndombele fitter.......when a different manager had him fitter just last season
Yeah then he spent a summer with Poch sadly and now just seems shot to pieces

I reckon his days here are numbered and I have little hope but I’m going to fully judge him next season like I will the manager

All this speculation is pointless. With Levy giving Mourinho a 4 year contract on very high wages, there is no way he's giving him a big payoff this soon.

He will be here till the end of next season minimum.
The second that the stick starts to go from Mourinho to Levy he is done. I think that will be before the end of the season. A few more defeats, some empty seats at the shiny stadium and i think its 50/50 he'll last to next season. If he does last the summer he'll be gone by the end of November. Mourinho hasnt once stopped a slide at any of his clubs.

Back
Top Bottom