In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The second that the stick starts to go from Mourinho to Levy he is done. I think that will be before the end of the season. A few more defeats, some empty seats at the shiny stadium and i think its 50/50 he'll last to next season. If he does last the summer he'll be gone by the end of November. Mourinho hasnt once stopped a slide at any of his clubs.

You think he'll hand over 45m to Mourinho for a seasons work? You do know Levy right?

Spent my lunch reading this tactical profile of Mark van Bommel's PSV.

It's a good read and IF Mourinho leaves by the end of the season and van Bommel is still free I would not be oppossed to him getting a swing at it. A younger, promising coach.

INB4 our Dutch members shoot this idea to shreds.

Nuno Herlander Simões Espírito Santo.
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Nuno Herlander Simões Espírito Santo.

Very nice guy, reminds me of Poch actually. Not sure tbh because he has had a lot of help on the recruitment side at Wolves who have been almost impeccable in the transfer market. We are not that well set up, nowhere near in fact

Spent my lunch reading this tactical profile of Mark van Bommel's PSV.

It's a good read and IF Mourinho leaves by the end of the season and van Bommel is still free I would not be oppossed to him getting a swing at it. A younger, promising coach.

INB4 our Dutch members shoot this idea to shreds.

not even close to being good enough. If you had watched how dreadful PSV where earlier this season you’d already know this

Yes we all know Levy and no way does he commit that amount of wages with an unstable manager without any get out clause or early release payment in place.
Wishful thinking

Poch got a huge payout and so will Mourinho if he is sacked

Mourinho is not some small no name you can just get on a cheap like that. He's been sacked half a dozen times and gotten paid handsomely each time.

Wishful thinking

Mourinho is not some small no name you can just get on a cheap like that. He's been sacked half a dozen times and gotten paid handsomely each time.
Poch got a huge lay off because of a 5 year contract given at his peak. If Levy didnt plan ahead with a manager as unstable as Mourinho who has a history of teams crashing in a matter of weeks then he is a total mug. As much as i dont like Levy i dont think he us a total mug...just acts like it a lot of the time. Even if he hasnt if the fans really turn and he starts seeing empty seats he'll pull the trigger. When has he ever been loyal to a manager?

Wishful thinking

No-one knows what Poch's compensation was, we can only speculate. However this what happened when Mourinho was sacked by Chelsea second time round

Jose Mourinho should not be out of a job for too long. Chelsea are relying on it.

The Portuguese was unceremoniously flicked by the Blues on Thursday after a stuttering start to the season that has left the league champions two points off the relegation zone.

Mourinho only signed a new deal with Chelsea during the summer, after guiding his side to another league title, and was due to stay on until June 2019.

Six months later and Mourinho was given his marching orders.

Under the terms of his contract, Chelsea will pay Mourinho €345,000 [£250k] a week UNTIL he gets a new coaching job. It is a smart clause, revealed by The Mirror, in a mega contract.

Were Mourinho to decide football management is not for him , it could cost Chelsea €62m [£45m] over the next three and a half years.

However, it is more likely that Mourinho will find steady employment soon and get his former employers off the hook

Mourinho and his staff ended up with around 10 mill because he took the Utd job, and not the 45 mill had he just sat in his arse for the following 3.5 years. I wouldn't be surprised if Levy has a similar clause in Jose's contract and with Poch

Poch got a huge lay off because of a 5 year contract given at his peak. If Levy didnt plan ahead with a manager as unstable as Mourinho who has a history of teams crashing in a matter of weeks then he is a total mug. As much as i dont like Levy i dont think he us a total mug...just acts like it a lot of the time. Even if he hasnt if the fans really turn and he starts seeing empty seats he'll pull the trigger. When has he ever been loyal to a manager?
The industry standard is a huge pay off

Unless you have some sort of proof other than wishful thinking, Mou would make bank if sacked.

Scott Parker....
Doing wonders at Fulham... ex-Spurs, breathes football, and to boot, seems a decent human being...

There, I said it! :parker:

Back
Top Bottom