information about the new spurs stadium? when and how?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

well its a shame about no new station because that is one thing THFC need! wasnt there rumours of spurs being baught by the same people that own la galaxy? this was a financing opportunity?

I woudn't say THFC needs a new station, we need a new stadium, silverwear and a striker though. A new station would be nice of course, but to be honest it will only be used on matchdays unless they do a complete over-haul of the victoria line and do something similar to what is done at the East end of the Central line, but that would be pointless and isn't needed as there 3 train stations within about 1 mile of the stadium and a tube station about 1 and a half, add that to the copious amount of buses.

As for the lack of info coming for the club at the moment, no news is usually good news and the club won't want to say too much too soon as I've seen for the last 10 years with my local club. This is a huge project and is something we may have to be patient with

S.L.R said:
New tube station? I doubt it.

There was talk a while back that a Victoria line station would be opened at Northumberland Park and trains currently terminating at Seven Sisters would instead stop there. This wouldn't require any new line to be built as the trains already run there empty to get to the depot.

I don't think it was anything more than just wishful thinking.

First post, btw. Hello.

matsimpsk said:
S.L.R said:
New tube station? I doubt it.

There was talk a while back that a Victoria line station would be opened at Northumberland Park and trains currently terminating at Seven Sisters would instead stop there. This wouldn't require any new line to be built as the trains already run there empty to get to the depot.

I don't think it was anything more than just wishful thinking.

First post, btw. Hello.

Hello!

It's a shame the station won't be built. It wouldn't be too much aggravation but TfL would rather invest more in Tottenham Hale as thats where they put their money last time.

A guy I knew who worked for TFL said a similar thing about Streatham. He said a tunnel had already been built from Brixton up the hill to Streatham, and he believed they'd extend the Victoria line there because it was getting talked about a lot at the time. But in the last few years I've seen lots of people cite how the Viccy line is already packed to capacity and so there won't be any extensions. Although I'm not sure that argument stands up because everyone goes down the road from Streatham and gets on at Brixton anyway, same as everyone goes down from Tottenham to Seven Sisters.

S.L.R said:
A guy I knew who worked for TFL said a similar thing about Streatham. He said a tunnel had already been built from Brixton up the hill to Streatham, and he believed they'd extend the Victoria line there because it was getting talked about a lot at the time. But in the last few years I've seen lots of people cite how the Viccy line is already packed to capacity and so there won't be any extensions. Although I'm not sure that argument stands up because everyone goes down the road from Streatham and gets on at Brixton anyway, same as everyone goes down from Tottenham to Seven Sisters.
Yup. I was watching a documentary on the Tube a little while ago and it's already running with something like 25% more people than it's supposed to be able to take. Building limited extensions in peak areas just creates more congestion.

Thelonious said:
Ramsingh said:
Don't see the point of a new tube station myself..
why not?

Has plenty of near-by stations already, all join onto underground services.
I don't think the station is needed for the development of the football ground, but might be helpful for local residents.

Ramsingh said:
Has plenty of near-by stations already, all join onto underground services.
I don't think the station is needed for the development of the football ground, but might be helpful for local residents.

You've obviously never queued back to the High Road from WHL Station.

Without investment in the WHL/Bruce Grove or NP stations (even making sure there are more regular 8 carriage trains would do) getting away from the ground will be an absolute nightmare.

Just walk to a different station?
Or don't get the first train home, wait 20 minutes, have a drink and get a later train.

But hey it's just my own opinion, I would prefer more buses away from Tottenham, rather than trains. But hey.. I'm not the majority.

a train from Northumberland Park to central London would make a huge difference for people travelling to games. Not everyone wants to hang about and have a few drinks, especially if there's kids in tow.

Thelonious said:
a train from Northumberland Park to central London would make a huge difference for people travelling to games. Not everyone wants to hang about and have a few drinks, especially if there's kids in tow.

And if it's an evening game. Some people may be pressed for time because of last trains out of London. I've cut it fine getting back to Paddington on many occasions and that's without staying for an extra pint!

So it seems many would be in favour for a new station? I just hope Spurs listen to what the majority want/need to get to games.

Ramsingh said:
Just walk to a different station?
Or don't get the first train home, wait 20 minutes, have a drink and get a later train.

But hey it's just my own opinion, I would prefer more buses away from Tottenham, rather than trains. But hey.. I'm not the majority.

It takes me longer to get the few miles back to Waterloo after a game, than it does on the subsequent 70 mile train journey after that.

Back
Top Bottom