information about the new spurs stadium? when and how?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

fatfish said:
Ramsingh said:
Just walk to a different station?
Or don't get the first train home, wait 20 minutes, have a drink and get a later train.

But hey it's just my own opinion, I would prefer more buses away from Tottenham, rather than trains. But hey.. I'm not the majority.

It takes me longer to get the few miles back to Waterloo after a game, than it does on the subsequent 70 mile train journey after that.

Same here the 1 mile bus ride takes 45 minutes, the other 7-8 miles on the train takes 20.

wadywod said:
whichever way you loom at it, we need a closer, bigger tube station....

No matter how much we need one, it is not going to happen.

I read a report at least a year ago that the cost of building a new tube station nearer to WHL than Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale was £500m, the figures were from TfL & the Mayor's Office. That cost will not be funded by TfL or the Government, so the only other option is THFC. And guess what, that cost is at least 25% more than the cost of building the new stadium. All that for around 25 - 30 games a year.

The only other option is to utilise the Northumberland Park tube depot, next to Northumberland Park overground. Even that would cost a significant amount to make the necessary alterations to turn it into a passenger option. Again, TfL & the Government will not fund that.

And, as has already been pointedf out, the Victoria Line is already working at / over full capacity of rolling stock.

Would be nice, but don't think it'll happen ... when Mr Levy asked TfL to get involved a couple of years ago they basically say "if you want it, you pay for it", if I recall correctly.

Beaten to it in a far more eloquent way by fatfish.
< doffs cap >

Thelonious said:
a train from Northumberland Park to central London would make a huge difference for people travelling to games. Not everyone wants to hang about and have a few drinks, especially if there's kids in tow.

Good from a policing point of view, too - it would mean that away fans could go direct to Kings Cross/St. Pancras, Euston and Victoria. Presumably it would also mean there would need to be less police on the high road for high profile games as people wouldn't need to walk to Seven Sisters. But for all that, I don't think it's going to happen.

do you think our stadium size and facillities have anything to do with these high profile players, like modric, berbatov, insisting they want to leave?

wadywod said:
do you think our stadium size and facillities have anything to do with these high profile players, like modric, berbatov, insisting they want to leave?

Directly no, atleast not the stadium size. Most players claim that it's the smaller grounds that have the best atmosphere in them. Training grounds perhaps, but that is now sorted.
Stadium size is more indirectly as it's got our wage potential restricted due to limited income, however this seems to have been resolved with increased investment by big boy Lewis and the future stadium is set to increase our wage potential further.

Edit: inbefore any1 else does it... TOO LONG DIDN'T READ TWATHEAD KAL!

okay i suppose that makes sense. however, if we increased our stadium size, but didnt qualify for the champions league, this still wouldnt stop the big players leaving.

It won't guarantee that they'd stay, no, however it will ease the years without the competition as we'd still be able to pay fairly high wages.

wadywod said:
okay i suppose that makes sense. however, if we increased our stadium size, but didnt qualify for the champions league, this still wouldnt stop the big players leaving.

Depends on the player and his wages. Pay a man enough money and he'll forego trophies for a while. Look at Man City; before they had anything other than money to offer they were still able to attract big names. If we have a squad of players who know that the club can qualify - even if we miss out every now and then - they are less likely to get jittery when things aren't so great. And even if they have loftier ambitions, there is still the matter of a club wanting to sign them and also being able to afford them. Look at Modric; he will almost certainly leave, but he is one hell of a player yet there is hardly a queue of clubs beating down the door, waving cheques that could fund Defoe's sex addiction therapy for decades.

Very, very few clubs are 'big' enough to have no worries in this regard, and even they lose squad players due to unappreciation, boredom, or outright greed. I'm sure there are a set of circumstances that would persuade Messi to leave Barcelona, and by set of circumstances I mean a fucking huge money mountain that makes Scrooge McDuck look like a saver menu shopper in McDonalds.

I believe so and I believe construction is to start in September for the Sainsbury's and then when that has finished I believe the club is then planning to start building the stadium. So hopefully this time next year we will start to see the foundations of our new stadium, that being said i'm going to miss White Hart Lane as it is. Imperfect stadiums with charm are always the best ones

Here is the official document signed by Haringey Council, that gives a proposed timescale for the NDP project.

Summary as follows:

Phase 1 - Supermarket (Sainsburys) start in Autumn 2012, completion 2014. Phase 1 comprises of Supermarket, club offices, stadium matchday hospitality area, Brand Centre for marketing events on stadium event days.

Phase 2 - Stadium development starts Summer 2013, completion 2016. Stadium development comprises of Stadium, club museum, club retail stoes & raised outdoor public podium.

Phase 3 - Housing & other commercial start 2016, after demolition of existing stadium completed. Phase 3 comprises 285 residential flats, fitness & health club, a health centre & an education college.

The document also does cover some of the funding aspects too.

http://www.minutes.haringey.gov.uk/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=25189

its such a shame that we will move into the stadium before its finished, i love the fact we are staying in the exact same spot as the lane (give or take a few 100m) but playing for a season whilst they build the single tier end will take away some of the glory of moving into the new stadium

And this is the proposed way the stadium will be built whilst the existing stadium is there.

PHASE ONE: New stadium build commences to the north of the existing ground. The stadium remains in use at full capacity.

PHASE TWO: Out of season, the North Stand of the existing stadium is demolished and the new pitch is laid.

PHASE THREE: The partially-completed new stadium is in use for one season. The remainder of the existing stadium is demolished.

PHASE FOUR: Out of season, the remainder of the new stadium is completed, ready for the start of the following season.

yEv6a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom