information about the new spurs stadium? when and how?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loving the N17 shaped block of flats/apartments/hotel?? on the Corner of the High Road/Park Lane...

absolutely no functional use for it being shaped liked that... but from the air it will certainly let you know where you are!

(or it will just look like ' /_ | |\| ' if you're flying in from the opposite direction!!!!)

fatfish said:
And this is the proposed way the stadium will be built whilst the existing stadium is there.

PHASE ONE: New stadium build commences to the north of the existing ground. The stadium remains in use at full capacity.

PHASE TWO: Out of season, the North Stand of the existing stadium is demolished and the new pitch is laid.

PHASE THREE: The partially-completed new stadium is in use for one season. The remainder of the existing stadium is demolished.

PHASE FOUR: Out of season, the remainder of the new stadium is completed, ready for the start of the following season.

[ Image ]
This was the original plan. I assume it still is.

I think it's genius, but just not sure why it wasn't considered in the past.

It is a bit of a shame that we'll be playing in a half-built stadium, but I suppose that's the only way we can get it done.

I'll miss the current stadium, but I think the new one will look amazing.

Schoolboy'sOwnStuff said:
fatfish said:
And this is the proposed way the stadium will be built whilst the existing stadium is there.

PHASE ONE: New stadium build commences to the north of the existing ground. The stadium remains in use at full capacity.

PHASE TWO: Out of season, the North Stand of the existing stadium is demolished and the new pitch is laid.

PHASE THREE: The partially-completed new stadium is in use for one season. The remainder of the existing stadium is demolished.

PHASE FOUR: Out of season, the remainder of the new stadium is completed, ready for the start of the following season.

[ Image ]

It is a bit of a shame that we'll be playing in a half-built stadium, but I suppose that's the only way we can get it done.

The only other way would be playing at another stadium for a season or two. Wembley?

Maybe a TFC poll is in order?

WHL while the new stadium is built around it?

Wembley?

Stratford with running track?

Empty crates?

yeah, is there any suggestion to whom the naming rights of the stadium would go to? i doubt we will name the stadium WHL or anything like that? it will probably be a huge mass market company.

When the old stadium is finally gone, I hope they mark the place where either the goal stood, the centre circle or the penalty spot was. They do it in the US when old baseball stadiums get torn down, you find a marker where home plate used to be. Be nice to be able to stand where the centre circle of the old WHL was...

fatfish said:
Schoolboy'sOwnStuff said:
fatfish said:

[ Image ]

The only other way would be playing at another stadium for a season or two. Wembley?

Maybe a TFC poll is in order?

WHL while the new stadium is built around it?

Wembley?

Stratford with running track?

Empty crates?
Erm...

I said it was genius...

frontwheel said:
S.L.R said:
wadywod said:
looks good! when will work start, and how long will it take?

Neg rep for saying I doubt there'll be a tube station? LOL.

I saw that, so redressed the balance on wadywod's behalf. I still think you should stripe him though. ;-)

Cheers mate, can always rely on some good ole TFC common decency.

See, thats how i be rollin' Wady. Straight bloc reppin' baybeh (i won't tupac yo ass yet though).

Construction tenders for main stadium being worked on currently.

Will try and find out submission dates, etc. Unless anyone else faffed to trawl through OJEU notices.

Model of Tottenham's new stadium (at WHL)...

imagefromurl

I saw this on twitter ... it looks amazing!!! :baeshock:

SinghYid said:
Model of Tottenham's new stadium (at WHL)...

[ Image ]

I saw this on twitter ... it looks amazing!!! :baeshock:
that and another twit-pic posted earlier in the thread indicate we are no longer including the single tier end. That's a shame. :(

The massive stand was one thing I was really excited about that would set this stadium apart from all the other bowls that have sprug up.

I'd be gutted if they scrap it.

Back
Top Bottom