Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
3rd place in the league
Win the FA cup
Champions league semi final
COYS

Okay I will now conceded 3rd place seems a little unrealistic - but 12 points isn't impossible to catch.
We closed the gap to Leicester by 4 points in the last 3 games, which is a rate that roughly needs to continue for the rest of the season.
Next up, Leicester go away to Wolves, then host City while we visit Villa then Chelsea.
Chelsea host United then us..
By March I'm hopeful we will be 4th, singing "Leicester City - we're coming for you!"

Okay I will now conceded 3rd place seems a little unrealistic - but 12 points isn't impossible to catch.
We closed the gap to Leicester by 4 points in the last 3 games, which is a rate that roughly needs to continue for the rest of the season.
Next up, Leicester go away to Wolves, then host City while we visit Villa then Chelsea.
By March I'm hopeful we will be 4th, singing "Leicester City - we're coming for you!"

I think we will catch Leicester, our remaining fixtures are decent on paper, and we have them at home, I feel like we are about to hit an upsurge in form and they are starting to feel the pressure of making top 4 which will be huge for them. Their form has tailed off in recent weeks. I think we could just be getting up a head of steam.
All depends on turning around our diabolical away form.

I think we will catch Leicester, our remaining fixtures are decent on paper, and we have them at home, I feel like we are about to hit an upsurge in form and they are starting to feel the pressure of making top 4 which will be huge for them. Their form has tailed off in recent weeks. I think we could just be getting up a head of steam.
All depends on turning around our diabolical away form.

Yeah I like this - only I thought the pressure of winning the league would be too huge for them a few years ago, and they relentlessly won (or were gifted wins with hand shakes and good luck wishes).

Fill in the results for the relevant teams - and what do you get?

epl.jpg

Who knows.

12 points behind Leicester with them to play Wolves A and Man City H in their next two games. Fuck it let's hunt them down, make them out target for the rest of the campaign!
That's exactly what I've been thinking as well. It's fucking hard, but it's exactly the principle of Bill Nick. Aim as high as we can.

Love the optimism. But.....City was just one game. I want to see a couple more good efforts. Let's blow Saints out today early, then move on.
While it's true that City was one game, it also means that we've played what most likely are the 2 best teams in the country, and were unlucky to not get a draw against one of them while beating the other one, so there is no reason why we shouldn't approach every match with confidence and think that we're the favourites, while obviously respecting what the opponent can do (apart from Woolwich, who I won't ever respect, and West Ham, because they're too shite to do anything).

Sunday 23rd February
  • Arsenal16:30Everton

Sunday 1st March
  • Everton14:00Manchester United
Sunday 8th March
  • Chelsea14:00Everton
Monday 16th March
  • Everton20:00Liverpool
Saturday 21st March
  • Norwich City15:00Everton

I’m absolutely sick of this shit, it never feels like we get the rub of the green with fixtures.

I might be over reacting but it feels like things were meant to get better when we started qualifying for the champions league (no more Thursday/Sundays), but we ALWAYS seem to draw the short straw when it comes rest time vs our rivals.

It’s also disgusting that we can’t do fuck all about it, the fixtures are decided by a bunch of old school gooners, dippers and mancs and we just have to suck it up.

Pathetic.
This is one of the few reasons I'm glad we have Jose its time for him to go full cunt mode. Start calling this stuff out, make them think twice. The Poch nice guy stuff hot us zero breaks.

Much will depend on whether Vardy stays fit

Can’t believe Everton are now in conceivably in the top 4 race.

its unlikely but with chavs playing Utd and us next you can’t discount them closing that 5 point gap over the next month or so.

Can’t believe Everton are now in conceivably in the top 4 race.

its unlikely but with chavs playing Utd and us next you can’t discount them closing that 5 point gap over the next month or so.

Theyve got some interesting fixtures coming up too. Man U, Woolwich and Chelsea. Unfortunately their recent record against the chavs isn’t great.

We’ve had a nice little unbeaten run recently. I just hope the break in fixtures doesn’t derail us. Remember when we used to go to Barcelona for a few days under Poch, we’d come back and our next result wasn’t great. Let’s hope it’s different now.

Our performances still doesn't warrant it.

Flipside is, fortunately, that results tend to follow performances in the long run, and performances are unlikely to get much worse

So when we come third and win the CL does that mean 5th place end up getting CL next season? Just wouldn’t want the chavs to benefit from our glory considering when they won it , they fucked us over in the process! :mourcheeks:

So when we come third and win the CL does that mean 5th place end up getting CL next season? Just wouldn’t want the chavs to benefit from our glory considering when they won it , they fucked us over in the process! :mourcheeks:

If we come third and win the CL, it means the top 4 make it to the CL as usual. If we were CL winners and ended up 5th for instance, then the top 4 would get there as usual and us too for winning the thing.

Back
Top Bottom