Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
If we come third and win the CL, it means the top 4 make it to the CL as usual. If we were CL winners and ended up 5th for instance, then the top 4 would get there as usual and us too for winning the thing.
So there would only be 3 teams from England that year? What happens to our 4th spot then

Only way 4th could potentially miss out on CL is if Utd/woolwich win the Europa league and finish outside the top 4, then another English team also wins the CL while finishing outside the top4.

because we can’t have 6 teams in the CL (I think).

Only way 4th could potentially miss out on CL is if Utd/woolwich win the Europa league and finish outside the top 4, then another English team also wins the CL while finishing outside the top4.

because we can’t have 6 teams in the CL (I think).
That scenario is more realistic than people might think

Mancs are favs strangely, I don't know how - LFC 2nd favs 4/1. Spurs will not reach final this year. Euro clubs have improved from last season.

FRIDAY 14TH FEBRUARY
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers20:00Leicester City

SUNDAY 16TH FEBRUARY
  • Aston Villa14:00Tottenham Hotspur
MONDAY 17TH FEBRUARY
  • Chelsea20:00Manchester United
SATURDAY 22ND FEBRUARY
  • Chelsea12:30Tottenham Hotspur
  • Sheffield United15:00Brighton & Hove Albion
  • Leicester City17:30Manchester City

My concern at this point is that our slim squad is going to get even more stretched leading into the last few months. Are we going to win the CL? - I very much doubt it unless we get incredible draws. Are we going to win the FA Cup? - again, it really depends on the draws. Now top 4, there’s a group of 6 teams who could realistically get it but this is the most important especially if we want to recruit some top talent this summer. We’ve got Norwich (FAC), Burnley (EPL) and RB Leipzig (CL) all within 6 days in March, we won’t be able to field full strength teams for all three so which takes priority?

Funny enough Jose has toned himself down a lot since joining Spurs.
He's almost..gulp..likeable.
Jose was actually quite personable at chelscum .... was just we all didn’t like him for being a success

it was after inter when he took the Madrid job. He had to be in league with devil so deep to get that Madrid side to win the league against Barca in their pomp that it changed him

miserable bastard at chelscum (2nd time) and just as bad if not worse at Utd

but prior to Real, whilst unrelentingly arrogant he was almost gregarious

My concern at this point is that our slim squad is going to get even more stretched leading into the last few months. Are we going to win the CL? - I very much doubt it unless we get incredible draws. Are we going to win the FA Cup? - again, it really depends on the draws. Now top 4, there’s a group of 6 teams who could realistically get it but this is the most important especially if we want to recruit some top talent this summer. We’ve got Norwich (FAC), Burnley (EPL) and RB Leipzig (CL) all within 6 days in March, we won’t be able to field full strength teams for all three so which takes priority?

One helluva a week after the winter break.

Sun 16 Feb14:00ASTON VILLAA
Wed 19 Feb20:00RB LEIPZIGH
Sat 22 Feb12:30CHELSEAA
Sat 29 Feb15:00WOLVESH

Back
Top Bottom