Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
We have no idea if fans will be in stadiums in 2020-21, if not, then we lose basically all our matchday income. If we miss out on Europa League, then we have no money coming in from Europe.

A deep Europa run nets quite a bit of money and there's always the chance of CL qualification by winning.

It'd be suicidal to wish against Europa for next year.
No it wouldn't I dont support ENIC. I support Tottenham Hotspur. I cant keep repeating this. The fans who have been sucked to giving a flying fuck about amortisation of contracts and the share price of offshore holding companies frankly baffle me. The men who own our club have amassed wealth beyond the dreams of Cresus. They could finance the club without any of the revenue you talk about they choose not to. It means they DON'T care so I DON'T care about them and there balance sheets. I will follow Spurs in the conference south and I'll be filled with joy when they win and desolate when they loose that's the football bit I care about.

Last edited:
No it wouldn't I dont support ENIC. I support Tottenham Hotspur. I cant keep repeating this. The fans who have been sucked to giving a flying fuck about amortisation of contracts and the share price of offshore holding companies frankly baffle me. The men who own our club have amassed wealth beyond the dreams of Cresus. They could finance the club without any of the revenue you talk about they choose not to. It means they DON'T care so I DON'T care about them and there balance sheets. I will follow Spurs in the conference south and I'll filled with joy when they win and desolate when they loose that's the football bit I care about.
Yeah but more money=more investment into the squad. Not always the case but we know for sure it'll be an excuse for not spending if we miss out on Europe. Also the best players want to play in the top European competitions (mainly CL, but I think the prospect of winning silverware under Mourinho still has its draw).

Not that I want to lose at all but y'know... every cloud and all that... just wondering how very very upset I would be if we lost to Leicester and stopped Chelski getting top four...:mourlmao:

Not that I want to lose at all but y'know... every cloud and all that... just wondering how very very upset I would be if we lost to Leicester and stopped Chelski getting top four...:mourlmao:

A bit like us cheering Sheff u against chavs has probably cost us 7th?

Shows you how the details make a difference.

We should have beaten Manchester United. BS penalty. Alternatively, someone left Pogba unmarked. + 2 points for us, - 1 for Man U

We should have beaten Bournemouth. A little fitter, a little more concentration, a little more determination, would have given us a win. +2 for us.

We bottled against Woolwich at the start of the season. Blew a 2-0 lead in the second half. Lack of concentration and commitment cost us 2 points.

Would put us at 58 points and ManU at 58. Tied, but ManU ahead on goal difference. We have Leicester coming up. They are in a free fall.

We would be in a position to make CL if we had handled the details! It’s not just about talent. Determination, concentration, details make a big difference!

For sure I'd rather Leicester miss out on CL. United and Chelsea are already high profile clubs with unlimited money, they'll be successful with or without CL. We don't need Leicester creeping up and solidifying in the top 6, especially with that fooking deluded egghead manager Rodgers.

Out of those clubs when we have played them - a massive 5 points out of a possible 21........ let’s hope we beat Leicester to make it 8 out of 24. So far we have only beaten wolves. Sums up our season.

But.....
Apart from Sheff Utd away game never more than a goal in these games.

Winning in games against Sheffield United, man united, wolves and Leicester turned a possible 12 points turned into 1!!

Give us 11 points take a few points of each team we are sitting pretty in 4th........Small margins.

With Sheffield United due to play Leicester and us still to play Leicester, a win in our next two games will either see us leapfrog Sheffield United (win next one without them winning against the foxes) or be 1 point behind Leicester going into the final day games where we play Palace and they will have to go up against Man U.

The Sheffield United vs Leicester game is a very intriguing one as it either keeps the Blades nodding their noses ahead of us or makes the Leicester home game we have against them one where we could genuinely overtake them last game.

With goal difference squeezing up a fair old bit, we could really do with a win by a few of goals sometime soon as well for a little insurance.

15-JulBurnleyWolvesHome1-0
15-JulNewcastleSpursAway0-1
16-JulLeicesterSheff UtdDraw
16-JulPalaceMan UnitedDraw
PositionGamesGDPoints
4Leicester362960
5United362660
6Spurs361055
7Wolves361055
8Sheff U36555

I can see us beating out Sheff or Wolves if we win our remaining games.
Getting above Leicester or Utd is gonna require a collapse from them and is not worth hoping for imo.
I know Europa League is a drag to some but it'd still be good for the club to have for prestige and transfer reasons.

I can see us beating out Sheff or Wolves if we win our remaining games.
Getting above Leicester or Utd is gonna require a collapse from them and is not worth hoping for imo.
I know Europa League is a drag to some but it'd still be good for the club to have for prestige and transfer reasons.
Both United and Leicester need 2 points from 3 games to make 61 points.
The most we can get is 61 points and both the above have a vastly superior GD.
Our "advantage" is we play before them so a win v Newcastle just might set nerves a-tingling

Desperately need Wolves and Sheffield to drop some points whilst we really need all 9 from these last three. Have to hope the Blades lose against Leicester and draw with Everton (55pts) , Wolves draw with Burnley but beat Palace (59pts). We beat Newcastle and Leicester (58pts).

Then we go into the last games of the season. Wolves lose at Chelsea (still 59) Sheffield draw at S'ton (56) or win (58) and we do the business at Palace for 61pts and finish in sixth spot. Maintain our top six record and according to this link we qualify for the Europa League.

Looks easy enough to me. COYS
:tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom