Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

5th August

Fulham have expressed an interest in signing Spurs youngsters Jack Clarke and Oliver Skipp on loan next season.

Mourinho is willing to give teenager Clarke - who is also attracting interest from West Brom and Brentford - a chance to win a place in his Spurs squad after an unhappy season on loan at former club Leeds and then QPR, making just 10 appearances in total.

The manager wants more competition in his front four and is therefore set to run the rule over Clarke in pre-season before deciding if he will spend another year out on loan.

Yet he was at QPR with Amos and Amos played all the time and Clarke very rarely. I know not the same position but really should have been able to show something more in training to get selected.

Something not right. Stars for Leeds and gets a move to us. Is loaned back but bizarrely hardly plays for a team where he previously was essential. Then goes to QPR and barely figures again. There must be all sorts going on in the background.

I had (probably naively) hoped he would be another Aaron Lennon.

Don't see him making the bench if everyone is fit, but thought he looked bright in the friendly y'day....

I think his body has got some growing to do before he can make a real dent as a reserve or a regular in the champo.

Over recent years many of the kids have looked good in pre season never to be seen again. He needs to do it in a competitive match but with a league cup and Europa cup match in the same week he should get a game. He and Sess really need to take the opportunity.

Over recent years many of the kids have looked good in pre season never to be seen again. He needs to do it in a competitive match but with a league cup and Europa cup match in the same week he should get a game. He and Sess really need to take the opportunity.

I'm assuming that our winger rotation would be:

EPL: Son/Bergwign or Lucas
EL: Sess/Bergwijn or Lucas (also Lamela)

I don't see Clarke getting a sniff unless the injuries start to pile up.

I'm assuming that our winger rotation would be:

EPL: Son/Bergwign or Lucas
EL: Sess/Bergwijn or Lucas (also Lamela)

I don't see Clarke getting a sniff unless the injuries start to pile up.
The teams we are likely to get in the first round we are in will probably be similar to yesterday or Colchester. If he does not get involved when we have 4 games in 8 days and are playing teams of that level then there is little hope for him. I was responding to a poster who liked his display but as I said he needs to do it in a competitive match.

The teams we are likely to get in the first round we are in will probably be similar to yesterday or Colchester. If he does not get involved when we have 4 games in 8 days and are playing teams of that level then there is little hope for him. I was responding to a poster who liked his display but as I said he needs to do it in a competitive match.

We're still talking about games we intend to win (or even must win if we're to achive our goals) so injuries and plentiful rotation options aside (see above) we're not gonna play a weakened side(*)... However that doesn't mean it's over here before it's begun.

Kid's got loan written all over him.... Time/age is on his side.

(*Think how many fans are saying we MUST win a trophy.... That's not exactly in synch with such a desire is it?)

I do think there's something there to be honest.

I like how he likes to take on a man, get to the byline and cross. Don't have too many of them in the team and haven't since Lennon really.

Clarke looks promising.

I'll stick by my original take of keeping him at Hotspur Way for the fall and having him train with the first team and rock some minute with the U23s. Then we can look at a loan for him in January when he hopefully has some decent numbers backing him up.

Back
Top Bottom