Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Including all the AM's who play wide we now have Son, Bale, Bergwijn, Moura and Lamela.....so he's in effect in 6th position for the 2 available slots ......and then there is Lo Celso and Dele who you might say also compete for an AM place.

But after 2 abortive loans last year, might be good to have him in house if there are no clubs we feel wil play him enough......and even try again in January when sometimes clubs need players due to injuries etc but market is pretty thin for good players.

Leeds handling of him was pretty bad imo, sold him got him back on loan for a year then never played him.
Why bother loaning him if they weren’t going to use him?

Jack Clarke is quite tall for a wide player - listed at 5'11" - and we all know the importance Mourinho places on height.

Given the praise for JC's high fitness levels, as well as his ability, (see Ally Gold), and given that Mourinho primarily uses Sissoko as a right-sided midfielder to provide cover when Aurier (or Doherty now as well) pushes forward, I wonder if he is looking to develop JC as a medium term Sissoko replacement.

Clarke clearly offers a lot more going forward than Sissoko, but also he's better at taking on a man than Gedson, whose potential Europa League squad slot JC has won.

If Clarke can be coached into developing the football intelligence to know when to push forward and when to drop in to provide cover, he'd certainly be a more attacking alternative to Sissoko. Plus, from what I've seen, JC's first touch is excellent which would prevent me screaming at the telly a dozen times a match.

Also, with Bale, Lucas, Lamela, Bergs & Sonny all able to play from the right flank, JC is a long way back in the queue to be our starting right-sided attacker.

So, I'm just thinking aloud, but perhaps Mourinho & Sacramento are thinking of moving Clarke into a slightly deeper role as a hard running right-sided midfielder developing an understanding with our attack-minded RBs (Serge & Doherty) of when to stay and when to push forward.

Jack Clarke is quite tall for a wide player - listed at 5'11" - and we all know the importance Mourinho places on height.

Given the praise for JC's high fitness levels, as well as his ability, (see Ally Gold), and given that Mourinho primarily uses Sissoko as a right-sided midfielder to provide cover when Aurier (or Doherty now as well) pushes forward, I wonder if he is looking to develop JC as a medium term Sissoko replacement.

Clarke clearly offers a lot more going forward than Sissoko, but also he's better at taking on a man than Gedson, whose potential Europa League squad slot JC has won.

If Clarke can be coached into developing the football intelligence to know when to push forward and when to drop in to provide cover, he'd certainly be a more attacking alternative to Sissoko. Plus, from what I've seen, JC's first touch is excellent which would prevent me screaming at the telly a dozen times a match.

Also, with Bale, Lucas, Lamela, Bergs & Sonny all able to play from the right flank, JC is a long way back in the queue to be our starting right-sided attacker.

So, I'm just thinking aloud, but perhaps Mourinho & Sacramento are thinking of moving Clarke into a slightly deeper role as a hard running right-sided midfielder developing an understanding with our attack-minded RBs (Serge & Doherty) of when to stay and when to push forward.

Not going into detail.

Have you seen Jack Clarke play? His end product is abysmal. Hes miles away from the first team and a bit of a waste of money. He'll grow into a WBA player.

Not going into detail.

Have you seen Jack Clarke play? His end product is abysmal. Hes miles away from the first team and a bit of a waste of money. He'll grow into a WBA player.

Not going into detail, but....

JC being being selected for the EL squad suggests Jose disagrees with you.

Not going into detail.

Clarke is aged 19 - and far from a finished product as indeed most 19 yewr olds are.

The debate is why JM has decided to keep him in the Spurs squad and how is he going to use him/train him either for the rest of the season, or possibly until January to be loaned out then.

Not going into detail.

Yes, I have seen him play. Although like most of us, apart from pre-season friendlies, not properly for some time since he had a lost season last year and he's still only 19.

That's quite a judgement call you've made on a player who Loco Bielsa selected for Leeds at the age of 18.

Mourinho seems to think there's talent to work with. Otherwise he wouldn't have selected him for the EL squad ahead of Mendes client Gedson and Gazzanigga.

As for Clarke's delivery, it looks pretty good at c1'44" in the clip below.

Find it pretty interesting they we ended up keeping him here.
Jose apparently likes what he has seen of him. And I think they are probably keeping him at the club to properly integrate him with the lads.

There's a January window soon enough for a loan and he can play with the 23s until then.

Still a young lad, he will learn a lot staying with the first team squad and he'll get minutes, We need to build for the future and develop our talent.

Nice to see him come on for us, some nice touches, is clearly impressing Mourinho for him sub him on

As mentioned in this thread he's still young with such little playing experience so him staying with the squad and feeling loved by the manager is maybe what he needs

Was hoping that shot of his at the end was flying in but wasn't to be.

Nice to see Jose have faith in him and he's working hard in training.

No fairytale debut, but keep on truckin' fella! :adesalute:

...I really can't understand why Poch would get a cob on over signing this kid.

Surprised that he doesn't have a page on here.
What are the thoughts of the populous ?
Why does he only get 3 minutes vs LASK? What would anyone get from that ? We weren't going to lose to them So Why?

Surprised that he doesn't have a page on here.
What are the thoughts of the populous ?
Why does he only get 3 minutes vs LASK? What would anyone get from that ? We weren't going to lose to them So Why?
Gave him his debut with no pressure on him to do anything special.
Makes him feel part of the 1st team squad.
Gives him hope of getting more minutes in the future.
Encourages him to keep working hard in training.
Gives him confidence.

It's all good for a young kid, who never got a look in last season under us or at Leeds.

Back
Top Bottom