James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maddison has consistently outperformed his expecteds throughout his career.

I think some of our support overrates him.

Great HG/English-player squad option to have.

No chance is he good enough to be Spurs nailed-on #10, if we're aiming for the top.

The narrative was that we were robbing Leicester blind for 'only' £40 million.

Yeah, it was a great deal. He’s got 11 g/a despite a huge injury mid-season, which he is now on the other side of. Pre injury he was running the show.

He’s one of the best #10’s in the league so forty million is a great deal. HG + his set piece threat is some nice icing on a great cake.

Fifty times the player that fat French waster has ever been.
Unsure how this could possibly be quantified, but Madders is outperforming his expecteds AGAIN this season:

npxG+xAG/90: 0.50
G+A-PK/90: 0.68

He's annoying but he's our annoying.

I prefer him high-pressing + (sometimes) getting in Sonny's way in the penalty area, to him dropping deep/doing his Pirlo impression/turning-over-the-ball as the deepest CM.

Yeah, it was a great deal. He’s got 11 g/a despite a huge injury mid-season, which he is now on the other side of. Pre injury he was running the show.

He’s one of the best #10’s in the league so forty million is a great deal. HG + his set piece threat is some nice icing on a great cake.
He started 28 of their 38 matches as they finished 18th and were relegated.

Made 2 additional appearances as a substitute.

He started 28 of their 38 matches as they finished 18th and were relegated.

Made 2 additional appearances as a substitute.

Hang on…

Nobody (sensible) is questioning that Maddison is a quality player,

The issue is that he gets kicked to bits and struggles to stay fit and in form.

I fucking love Maddison but if he’s a leader at this club and is serious about winning things performances like that need to be very rare. We’ve seen too many already this season, injuries or no injuries

Redknapp pointed out that JM was chatting to Sonny instead of following his "man" in the build up to G2.
I did not notice that at the time but maybe Ange did and that triggered his substitution which surprised me.

Xenaphobe......

:kanehand:

105a9160fc7112acfae59dc15745774b.jpg

What is there to be afraid of????

Back
Top Bottom