James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

105a9160fc7112acfae59dc15745774b.jpg

What is there to be afraid of????
Alalalalalalalaalalalalales~~~~~~~~

Play him on the left or don't fucking play him. I get he's a talented player but we are losing every bit of defensive stability we had at the beginning of the season when he's in this type of form.

Against spammers start All of Bissouma, Sarr and Bentancur in the middle with Maddison on the left and Johnson in his actual position
on the right or we can proceed to have zero control of the game again and pretend to look surprised.

Maddison has consistently outperformed his expecteds throughout his career.

I think some of our support overrates him.

Great HG/English-player squad option to have.

No chance is he good enough to be Spurs nailed-on #10, if we're aiming for the top.

Mental post really. He's one of our best players by a distance, even if he's been searching for something like his best form post injury.

Playing with an injury apparently. Needed an injection against Fulham to get through the game. Makes me wonder why we let him go away with England unless the player insisted.

.....Or why we started him today knowing that GLC was fit.

Playing with injections is stupid IMO (unless it's a crucial game or final).

...........He's already generally a bit fragile. He'll just wreck himself.... And for what? .....Fulham & Luton?

Last edited:
To be honest, I have been generally pleasantly surprised by his work rate and tactical contribution, with and without the ball, but I have been a little bit disappointed with his creation, vision and productivity.

He’s an 8 not a 10 and he’s a decent one, I’d like to see us play with two creative 8’s sometimes as it’s easy to figure us out sometimes and it’s obvious things go through Maddison more than Sarr.

I would’ve liked to have seen Madison moved over to the R8 and Lo Celso played as the L8, when Ange made the subs today. Give opposition more to think about.

I actually think he’s doing what he can, drop deep, make himself available for the pass, spraying forward passes. Not his fault our system is dogshit and we play some really predictable stuff.

Udogie, Porro, Son, Bissouma were all much much worse that Maddison today. And Vicario was at fault for the goal again.

Seems weird to single out Madders.
Son had 3 key passes today, 23 goal contributions this season and our best player by a mile - expecting him to score or assist every game is moronic

Udogie has been one of the best left backs in the league. Same goes for Porto on the right

Bissouma needs to get the same criticism as Madders. They both have been bang average for months

Son had 3 key passes today, 23 goal contributions this season and our best player by a mile - expecting him to score or assist every game is moronic

Udogie has been one of the best left backs in the league. Same goes for Porto on the right

Bissouma needs to get the same criticism as Madders. They both have been bang average for months
Where did I say Son needed to score or assist every game? He looked tired tonight, his touch was poor and he was probably our worst player. He's entitled to having a bad game.

Porro and Udogie have been great this season, but again I was talking about tonight. They were both worse than Maddison.

Back
Top Bottom