James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was toss when he came on and looks shot of confidence. Still completely believe there's a very good player in there and he will show it again next season. That injury really messed his and our season up as he was flying when it happened and was one of the top few players in the Premier League.

He did better today. Maybe his spot is at LW with Richie in the middle, and GLC at CAM.

(He didn't play LW today....)

No...... Fuck playing 4231 with inverted FBs... It sucks.

......................Angeball was meant to be the following; let's fkn see it!

GK
CB ---- CB
invFB ---------#6 --------- invFB
RW --------- advR8 ---- advL8 --------- LW
ST​

Stick GLC & Madz in as the two #8s......... If we can't even play all-out attack v Burnley & Sheff U then I give up.

(He didn't play LW today....)

No...... Fuck playing 4231 with inverted FBs... It sucks.

......................Angeball was meant to be the following; let's fkn see it!

GK
CB ---- CB
invFB ---------#6 --------- invFB
RW --------- advR8 ---- advL8 --------- LW
ST​

Stick GLC & Madz in as the two #8s......... If we can't even play all-out attack v Burnley & Sheff U then I give up.
I know he didn't play LW. But because we have useless twats in other positions, he might have to play there. He used to play there sometimes for Leicester.

I coulda sworn I heard on one of the podcast that he’s not fully back fit post his return from injury and is still carrying somethjng. Not seen it reported anywhere tho.

But would make sense has he’s been truly awful these last few weeks which is such a contrast to how amazing he was pre-injury.

My theory (with no evidence) is that he probably needs something done to help him properly recover. But a combination of us “needing” him and the Euros this summer (and his spot not being guaranteed) means he’s ploughed on. I think now with our season having nothing to play for and his form meaning that the likes of Palmer and Eze are ahead of him in the backup-to-Bellingham pecking order, he should be taken out to do that recovery.

Ideally he gets himself right and comes back next season ready to be our starting 10 who we can build the team around for next season

I thought he was better yesterday. He was atleast getting himself in to shooting positions and able to get shots off. Confidence is shot right now but he's obviously a better player than he's shown the half of the season.

Back
Top Bottom