James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eddie Murphy GIF by Coming to America

Dude was playing the long game

Absolute world class shithousery tbh.

Meh...

I'm actually quite pleased that Madders won't be with England this summer. It means he can have a proper rest and a decent pre-season. Now all we need to do is persuade every other Spurs player to withdraw from International duty too. I just cannot get excited about international football. It's shit, get rid of it.

The euros and the WC are good. The rest can go though.

Grealish has also been cut as has Maguire
Makes a lot of sense so far, although I would have taken Grealish, purely on the basis that he's got a fair bit of experience vs those younger "inform" players likely to take his place. Whilst I think Palmer is good, take away his 9 penalties this year would he still be worthy of a place??? Seeing as we are likely to be playing up against low-blocks this summer, is he the one to unpick them? On evidence at Chelsea, it would appear his skill set isn't best suited to low-block defences.

But this is ifs/buts and maybe's and there is logic to the ommitions. Not to have Maguire running into his own players or playing as if he's tied his shoelaces together is a massive plus. Just makes you wonder why he was included all this time and why we didn't look to bed in the players going in his place.

Makes a lot of sense so far, although I would have taken Grealish, purely on the basis that he's got a fair bit of experience vs those younger "inform" players likely to take his place. Whilst I think Palmer is good, take away his 9 penalties this year would he still be worthy of a place??? Seeing as we are likely to be playing up against low-blocks this summer, is he the one to unpick them? On evidence at Chelsea, it would appear his skill set isn't best suited to low-block defences.

But this is ifs/buts and maybe's and there is logic to the ommitions. Not to have Maguire running into his own players or playing as if he's tied his shoelaces together is a massive plus. Just makes you wonder why he was included all this time and why we didn't look to bed in the players going in his place.

I mean he’d have 13 goals 11 assists with 12 expected assists (making him one of the top creative players in the league) so yes, yes he would.

Agree with this. Grealish & Maddison are two players with a lot more senior games as professionals, with an ability to deal with a low-block. They're also two of the biggest pricks in the team, which is no bad thing. Even the same with Maguire to an extent. Southgate wants to win with the choir. Think we're going to find it hard, especially with Kane's back issues.

Maddison has got nobody to blame but himself. I said in the season he wouldn't make the squad because his performances were terrible and we have an abundance of talent in that position. Add the emergence of Palmer,mainoo etc and there just isn't a place in the squad for an out of form 10. He could have 100% made this squad and after the start of the season he was nailed on to go. The majority of his performances after his injury were mediocre at best. Needs to look in the mirror before getting pissed off with anybody else that he hasn't made it.
Think his response he admitted that his levels since injury were not good enough.

Think I'd get my summer holiday started early rather than play a pointless friendly against a shit team, with no chance of impressing and getting in the Euro squad.

Fuck Southgate, he's a prick.
Even if this story is made up. He' still a prick.
Even if I don't disagree about Maddison. He's still a prick.

prick
Surely if players who weren’t gonna be selected were gonna play tmrw makes zero sense. Since the players who are going and have not played many minutes for England need gane time.

Class act.

Was actually good against both City and Sheffield United so seemed to end the season strong. Just a shame it took 3 and a half months after his return.

Hopefully pre season and rest does him good.
Thought he did ok when he came on the other days as did Jack. Obvs Gary had made his mind up already.

Back
Top Bottom