James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They played the king of low blocks in an Dyche led Everton very recently and he was absolutely sensational, scoring a hat-trick.

Palmer has been unreal this season. Struggles against low-blocks are a coaching issue and a finishing issue, Chelsea had a very high xG across the season. Palmer laid chances on a plate repeatedly, he is a highly creative footballer.
I'm not trying to argue that he's not, just that Grealish I think would have been a better pick given his experience (we now have a very inexperienced team) and IMO he has a better-suited skill-set against low-block sides. Palmer is a good wall pass player, he links up well with one-touch play on the edge of the box, which if there is enough movement off the ball is also useful against a low-block, but can Southgate coach these patterns? I'd say no, there's zero evidence of this.

I really don't have an issue with his selection (my only concerns are with our defence), it's just I'd gamble (off form, injured??) on Grealish ahead of him for the balance of the team and better suited to beating low-blocks.

Last edited:
All Maupay has revealed is that Madders lives in his head.

He should come on here!

Usl Championship Soccer GIF by Oakland Roots SC

Bentacur wasn't ready, it's been confirmed by Ange that perhaps he wasn't ready. Players want to play, if the motivation is right in the team all they want to do is help out the team by playing.

ALL (there are few exceptions) struggle to return to a previous level following ligament injuries that's seen them miss nearly 3 months of football.

Who are these players that play at the same level following a serious injury? Honestly I can only think of possibly Kane and there will be a massive argument to suggest that he wasn't at the same level by many (his thread post-injury will attest to this). I'm asking this because I genuinely do not understand how anyone could have this level of expectation as it's based on nothing.
I did state it takes time to get up to speed. I didn't expect him to hit the ground running. But it's not like he played 3 or 4 games in the run in and that's it. He had half a season to get back to something like before the injury. That was enough time to show something at some point. I thought his attitude was as poor as his performances after injury and that's something he needs to address if he really believes he's a top level player and if he's the type of top player this club needs to get to the level ange is saying he wants us to be at.

That's a BIG "if" ... That sounds like Classic Twatter shit-stir speculation...

It makes absolutely no sense to play a player NOT involved in the tournament...

Same as it makes perfect sense for that player NOT to want to hang around a moment longer, if he's NOT involved!

Word is Curtis Jones ALSO left the camp early... But you'll be hard pushed to find ANY mention of it in the Media!

That's a BIG "if" ... That sounds like Classic Twatter shit-stir speculation...

It makes absolutely no sense to play a player NOT involved in the tournament...

Same as it makes perfect sense for that player NOT to want to hang around a moment longer, if he's NOT involved!

Word is Curtis Jones ALSO left the camp early... But you'll be hard pushed to find ANY mention of it in the Media!

Because Curtis Jones is a nobody

I did state it takes time to get up to speed. I didn't expect him to hit the ground running. But it's not like he played 3 or 4 games in the run in and that's it. He had half a season to get back to something like before the injury. That was enough time to show something at some point. I thought his attitude was as poor as his performances after injury and that's something he needs to address if he really believes he's a top level player and if he's the type of top player this club needs to get to the level ange is saying he wants us to be at.
But just like players that miss pre-season they never catch up with the rest of the team, they are out of sync. To miss nearly 3 months of football is huge, with the key factors of fitness/conditioning + mental effects of not wanting to get injured again (the latter is hard to measure specifically but is always a factor, more common with knee ligament injury than ankle though).

Name another player that's come back into a team following ligament damage and 3 months out that's performed at the same level pre-injury, even after an initial lag. It doesn't happen.

This Maupay is a right smug little nobody wind-up cunt ain't he?
Literally what's his problem?

#faceyouwannapunch.com !
Like most people of his stature (non-international, not wanted by his parent club so out on loan, 70k X followers) he has to attach himself to something bigger to gain attention, that person is Madders (International, plays for top 6 team and has 460k followers). Were it not for Maddison no one would even know Maupau's name.

This is how it works. How Piers Morgan has grown his base, hitches his skirts to the big whales. I still will never understand why though they are perfectly okay with looking like complete tits whilst doing it. Fairly sure Maupau is search for that Media career, so is putting in the leg work now.

Like most people of his stature (non-international, not wanted by his parent club so out on loan, 70k X followers) he has to attach himself to something bigger to gain attention, that person is Madders (International, plays for top 6 team and has 460k followers). Were it not for Maddison no one would even know Maupau's name.

This is how it works. How Piers Morgan has grown his base, hitches his skirts to the big whales. I still will never understand why though they are perfectly okay with looking like complete tits whilst doing it. Fairly sure Maupau is search for that Media career, so is putting in the leg work now.

I honestly don’t think this is true and honestly and sincerely believe he is just a horrible cunt who has hated Maddison since that game and wanted to get back at him.

He comes across as genuinely very spiteful and very petty. Maybe the bonus of getting his name out there helps but I do think he’s just an honest to god pure shithouse who wanted to get one over on Maddison more than anything else.

I honestly don’t think this is true and honestly and sincerely believe he is just a horrible cunt who has hated Maddison since that game and wanted to get back at him.

He comes across as genuinely very spiteful and very petty. Maybe the bonus of getting his name out there helps but I do think he’s just an honest to god pure shithouse who wanted to get one over on Maddison more than anything else.
And I'd also go along with that take just fine.

Just can never get my head around inferior runts are always the ones dishing it out. It's also odd when you read the comments in his post, that people genuinely think he's "got one over" Madders for doing it. Just like that game, he ended up looking like a total twat when we beat them and every time we scored we ripped him. It was he that started it, you would have thought that he just kept his nut down.

But then you've probably hit the nail on the head, he's just a horrible cunt.

Back
Top Bottom