James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loved it when he moved the ball out of the corner area when getting some grief.

Proper shit housing and I'm here for it.
F4dUD6CW8AAMUml

F4dUD6IXcAADFaF

:ange-lol:

Whenever I watched him on tv for Leicester , I always got the impression that although a quality player , he didn’t put in too much work rate .
Watching him live at the game today very closely , he actually does work his arse off .
A real quality signing

Whenever I watched him on tv for Leicester , I always got the impression that although a quality player , he didn’t put in too much work rate .
Watching him live at the game today very closely , he actually does work his arse off .
A real quality signing

This is why it's hard to judge signings from other Prem clubs. Sometimes I've seen that when we've been linked with players from other clubs in this league, our fans get quite disheartened. They should be judged on what they can do when they're here. The system he had at Leicester would have been completely different what he's used to now.

I remember being quite disappointed with the Wanyama signing. I didn't think he was anything special and having watched him at Southampton, it re-affirmed my opinions. But when he got here, it wasn't long until my opinion was changed. He was a lot better on the ball than I'd ever thought both in terms of moving with it and playing it. A brilliant footballer, not just some destroying defensive midfielder.

This will likely sound stupid, but I didn’t realise he was as attacking as he is. I obviously saw him a bit at Leicester, but tended to avoid their games as much as possible due to their stupid fucking fans.

I had in mind a sort of busy number 8 that drifted out wide as opposed to a genuine goal scoring 10.

Good player.

A real quality signing
Yeh, I wasn't a huge admirier.... I was wrong.

Hopefully Richarlison's turns good or someone else good comes in as he could really be special feeding a decent striker.

This will likely sound stupid, but I didn’t realise he was as attacking as he is. I obviously saw him a bit at Leicester, but tended to avoid their games as much as possible due to their stupid fucking fans.

I had in mind a sort of busy number 8 that drifted out wide as opposed to a genuine goal scoring 10.

Good player.
I thought he we in and out of games, good on the ball and then disappears.

I was wrong.

A shame for him that Bellingham exists as I don’t think him & Maddison work in the same midfield given Madrid seem to be playing Bellingham further forward and he’s thriving.

An absolute nightmare that Southgate was preferring Mount to him for all those years.

A real quality signing
I got the same from Udogie, was really lazy defensively in serie A. I think it might be because they both took a big step up. There's a new urgency and motivation they probably didn't have playing for midtable fodder clubs. The positive vibes around the club probably also helps.

A shame for him that Bellingham exists as I don’t think him & Maddison work in the same midfield given Madrid seem to be playing Bellingham further forward and he’s thriving.

An absolute nightmare that Southgate was preferring Mount to him for all those years.
I can picture a three of Maddison, Bellingham and Rice working well.

Rice given a Skipp-like role of being a destroyer who play a bit, Bellingham box-to-box and making late runs into the box like Sarr does for us. Maddison could play as a 10 with freedom to go into the wings.

I can picture a three of Maddison, Bellingham and Rice working well.

Rice given a Skipp-like role of being a destroyer who play a bit, Bellingham box-to-box and making late runs into the box like Sarr does for us. Maddison could play as a 10 with freedom to go into the wings.
Southgate would never play that expansive a midfield.

He puts a seatbelt on to take a shit.

Southgate would never play that expansive a midfield.

He puts a seatbelt on to take a shit.
If Maddison continues in this vein it will be hard for Southgate to ignore.

Rashford -- Kane -- Foden
Maddison -- Bellingham
Rice
It's getting increasingly hard to justify playing Mount and Phillips. Thank fuck Henderson is gone now as well.

If Maddison continues in this vein it will be hard for Southgate to ignore.

Rashford -- Kane -- Foden
Maddison -- Bellingham
Rice
It's getting increasingly hard to justify playing Mount and Phillips. Thank fuck Henderson is gone now as well.

Don't think Southgate has the balls to go with that. Either he'll want three at the back or sacrifice a quality midfielder for a donkey that runs around a lot like Phillips or even a Mount.

I dread to think what Pep could do with the players that England have, or even Ange. Trust us to be stuck with a dinosaur who is afraid of the ball.

Back
Top Bottom