James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always saw him as a passer/shooter and decent from set peices. Which isn't a bad player on it's own.
But for a fairly slender guy he can't half hold the ball up well under pressure and, unlike some of the tripe we've had to watch for a few years, him and Bissouma can carry the ball 50 yards through 1 or even 2 lines of defence.

We've basically gone from nobody in the squad who can do that, to 2 in the 11.
And I suspect when Bentancur is back, he will do similar.

I liked what Danny Murphy said about Maddison last night too, about how he dropped deeper to pick the ball up confusing Bournemouth tactics as there was always an extra man. Even if he was just following orders, that would have gone against instincts to do it.

I always saw him as a passer/shooter and decent from set peices. Which isn't a bad player on it's own.
But for a fairly slender guy he can't half hold the ball up well under pressure and, unlike some of the tripe we've had to watch for a few years, him and Bissouma can carry the ball 50 yards through 1 or even 2 lines of defence.

I liked what Danny Murphy said about Maddison last night too, about how he dropped deeper to pick the ball up confusing Bournemouth tactics as there was always an extra man. Even if he was just following orders, that would have gone against instincts to do it.
Son was doing that second half against United. Overloading the midfield.

Whenever I watched him on tv for Leicester , I always got the impression that although a quality player , he didn’t put in too much work rate .
Watching him live at the game today very closely , he actually does work his arse off .
A real quality signing
Giving some people responsibility, can bring out the best in them!

You'd think he's doing his chances of a bigger role for England the world of good at the moment.

But then you realise the absolute fraud in charge for England will probably just pick Mount regardless.

You'd think he's doing his chances of a bigger role for England the world of good at the moment.

But then you realise the absolute fraud in charge for England will probably just pick Mount regardless.
I'm fine with it, he's a pretty injury prone player, if Southgate wants to give him time off during international break all the better.

Maddison is so much better than I realized and Rodgers was very obviously misusing him as a winger/10.

He's the best creative 8 England have and it's not close.

Rice
Bellingham Maddison

That's the best midfield in the world.

Such a Tottenhan player, who just needs to maintain consistency. Great start but it's only a start.

Why we never bought him 4 years ago only the Lord knows. Why other top teams did not come in for him is also one that is hopefully seen to be a huge error over time.

Deserves players ahead of him who are more receptive. Oh for a Vardy-type striker around 24/25. Would catapult us right into the top 5 mix.

lol I remember at the start of the window, people were saying that Maddison was a 'club signing'
IIRC, first they said Newcastle were going to sign him because they actually had ambition. Then they said we only signed Maddison because he was cheap.

He's got like 70% of Eriksen's vision and passing but 2000% of his dribbling and movement with the ball.

Eriksen could never have dropped deep like that.

Not getting carried away (much…) but I’ve been waiting for a player like this since Gazza got injured and left us. Comparisons to Eriksen are a gross disservice… to Madders. This lad has way more confidence and bravery.

Such a Tottenhan player, who just needs to maintain consistency. Great start but it's only a start.

Why we never bought him 4 years ago only the Lord knows. Why other top teams did not come in for him is also one that is hopefully seen to be a huge error over time.

Deserves players ahead of him who are more receptive. Oh for a Vardy-type striker around 24/25. Would catapult us right into the top 5 mix.
It was obvious he was a big talent four years ago, we genuinely were silly not to buy him at that time.

Back
Top Bottom