James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was asked the question today- Would you take Harry Kane back if it meant getting rid of Maddison, and my honest answer was NO..

Kane was beyond brilliant for us but madders is the future and is such an exciting player..

An obvious over simplification, but with Kane in the team, he doesn’t score that goal today.

That’s not some knee jerk statement to try and deride Harry. But the license he has in that area is exactly where Harry used to drop to pick up the ball (although, often deeper too).

He’s fucking exciting.

I don’t think Kane would have been suitable for Angeball.

Who knows, he would be great on the ball but off the ball I'm not sure he's bringing the same work rate as Son or Richy.

Anyway for Ange the team is better off without Kane as it had to grow and players had to learn different responsibilities and pressure that they had before.

How was no one else in for him? Even City are probably wishing they bought him now.

The way he's performed over the last 3 seasons I assumed he'd be the heir to KDB...... And with KDB crocked yet again it looks like he ought to have been.

How was no one else in for him? Even City are probably wishing they bought him now.

United going for Mount instead is extremely funny but they do already have their high chance creation #10 in Fernandes. Woolwich have Odegaard. Surprises me Chelsea didn’t have a nibble and Liverpool went for Szobosolai.

I dunno how he’d get on with Guardiola. He’s a wonderful player but the freedom and directness in attack Ange is offering seems to suit him.

This man needs a proper, unique chant fitting for a player of his stature, not just a retread of someone else’s. I think he would absolutely love it.

Do your finest…(I’m on the gin, I have nothing right now)

Back
Top Bottom