James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a proper signing and the price is outstanding.
he shits all over eriksen as a footballer. eriksen played like it was netball, could barely dribble a ball. to be a great 10 you need to have the lot in the locker and maddison does.

Eriksen was brilliant maybe the best when he had space to pick a pass. He obviously needed runners (Dele) and physical players (Dembele)) to give him the balance but with the right players he was deadly.

Maddison can do what Eriksen can do but is vastly more rounded as a footballer in that he can play in tight space, dribble and tackle.

Eriksen was brilliant maybe the best when he had space to pick a pass. He obviously needed runners (Dele) and physical players (Dembele)) to give him the balance but with the right players he was deadly.

Maddison can do what Eriksen can do but is vastly more rounded as a footballer in that he can play in tight space, dribble and tackle.

Yeah I really don't get the need to shit on Eriksen to big Maddison up. Same with the weird 'Bissouma is better than Dembele' revisionism.

Eriksen in 4 seasons in a row (league only) got:

6 goals 13 assists
8 goals 15 assists
10 goals 10 assists
8 goals 12 assists

Unreal consistency. He was definitely significant less 'dynamic' than Maddison and less exciting, but an absolute wizard when it came to passing. After KDB I'd say he's the best #10 at creating goals that we've seen in the last 10 years or so.

exactly that, eriksen was limited so needed certain profiles with him. maddison is a far more complete footballer

exactly that, eriksen was limited so need certain profiles with him. maddison is a far more complete footballer

I think Poch and the players just worked to offset each others flaws

Dele: poor in the middle but brilliant close to goal - solution: play him free behind Kane

Eriksen: poor in tight space and physical but brilliant creator - solution: play him with runners and physical players in behind

Dembele: poor creator but incredible dribbling and physical power - solution play him deep

Bissouma and Maddison are more rounded footballers than Dembele and Eriksen but Dembele and Eriksen were perhaps greater at specific things. At the very least we can now say we have replaced Eriksen and Dembele.

He’s definitely better than a lot of us thought isn’t he?

Or has he just gone up a level?

No he was like this at Leicester for at least 2 seasons, he was just ignored as Leicester were shit.

For me only Foden is better in terms of technical as an AM in the league and Maddison is perhaps more creative than Foden.

This just popped up on my timeline again and I'd never heard the 'What a good lad' from one of their fans at the end.

Sums it up perfectly.

Can take it. Can dish it out back. Everyone has a smile on their face.

Brilliant.
He’s the on-pitch personification of Ange’s conviction that the purpose of football is to put on a show for the fans.

Just the perfect match of player and coach.

He’s definitely better than a lot of us thought isn’t he?

Or has he just gone up a level?

He started this strong last season. Was scoring/assisting every game incl. absolute bangers - for a dreadful Leicester team as well!

His issue has always been that he picks up niggles & can be a bit fairweather. He had periods of the season with Leicester when he went missing.

If we can keep him fit and a proper team around him means he stays consistent then he could register some monstrous numbers.

Ah, I was wondering who Selfish Roy was 😂
luis suarez GIF

Really need a chant for him.

Heaven is a place on earth-

Ooh, baby, do you know what that's worth?
James maddison's the best on Earth,
Coventry born, now a yid,
He'll make Tottenham the best on Earth
A tweak
EDIT

Leicester had no clue of Maddison’s worth
he’s gonna put gooner dreams in a hearse
playing for Spurs he knows skill comes first
James Maddison is the best on earth
Yeah Maddisons the best on earth

I tried

Last edited:
He's a real joy isn't he?

What a player. I apologise for any bad words I had for this guy and any doubts I had over the signing. Quite literally born to play for Spurs.

Yeah I really don't get the need to shit on Eriksen to big Maddison up. Same with the weird 'Bissouma is better than Dembele' revisionism.

Eriksen in 4 seasons in a row (league only) got:

6 goals 13 assists
8 goals 15 assists
10 goals 10 assists
8 goals 12 assists

Unreal consistency. He was definitely significant less 'dynamic' than Maddison and less exciting, but an absolute wizard when it came to passing. After KDB I'd say he's the best #10 at creating goals that we've seen in the last 10 years or so.
Well Maddison just needs a goal or an assist against Woolwich in our upcoming game to match Eriksen’s derby output in his time here.

Probably will match Eriksen’s output against big 6 teams after one season.

Well Maddison just needs a goal or an assist against Woolwich in our upcoming game to match Eriksen’s derby output in his time here.

Probably will match Eriksen’s output against big 6 teams after one season.

I remember quite a few big Eriksen goals. Including a worldie vs Chelsea, the earliest goal in PL history vs United, a winner vs City..

Wasn't his strong point but arguably wasn't Kane's either and he was world class too. Christian was a wonderful player for us who created loads of great goals. Not gonna shit on him just to big the new toy up.

Back
Top Bottom