Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn't great but it made Mourinho seethe and got Torres sent off, greater good. :)

I hope AVB has a word with him though in all seriousness.

If Torres had been scratching and play acting with me all afternoon I'd have done the same. You reap what you sow.
While I agree, it's not something I would want to encourage, as if the ref saw that Jan was playacting, he could have been sent off. As our best defender, with Kaboul injured and Chiriches still adjusting to English footballer, it's not the cleverest thing to do.

While I agree, it's not something I would want to encourage, as if the ref saw that Jan was playacting, he could have been sent off. As our best defender, with Kaboul injured and Chiriches still adjusting to English footballer, it's not the cleverest thing to do.
Granted, but if you're on that pitch and that little prick is trying to sell you up the river whenever you come together, you would defo do the same when he came clattering into you like that.

Put it another way, if Jan hadn't gone down, he would have been stood over Torres rolling about on the floor trying to get him carded again... Maybe Jan would have walked (doubtful, but he was trying all afternoon).

Don't condone it, but I'd probably have done the same in that particular circumstance.

Granted, but if you're on that pitch and that little prick is trying to sell you up the river whenever you come together, you would defo do the same when he came clattering into you like that.

Put it another way, if Jan hadn't gone down, he would have been stood over Torres rolling about on the floor trying to get him carded again... Maybe Jan would have walked (doubtful, but he was trying all afternoon).

Don't condone it, but I'd probably have done the same in that particular circumstance.
Speak for yourself. Dawson wouldn't have done it.

I agree with both of you. But if you watch the vid again Torres also holds his head, so both of them are faining injury. It is only becuase Maureen made a fuss about Vertonghen no one looked at Torres. Torres did get up first though. For me what goes arround comes arround.

It is a shame that this is in the game, but it is in the game. You fight fire with fire and we won this one.

Super Jan!

I agree with both of you. But if you watch the vid again Torres also holds his head, so both of them are faining injury. It is only becuase Maureen made a fuss about Vertonghen no one looked at Torres. Torres did get up first though. For me what goes arround comes arround.

It is a shame that this is in the game, but it is in the game. You fight fire with fire and we won this one.

Super Jan!
I hate that you're right.

Speak for yourself. Dawson wouldn't have done it.
That's because men are made from granite in Yorkshire, plus his mam wouldn't allow it. It's very noble of you SDY but if you have a prick like Torres trying to get you sent off every time you come together, you're well within your rights to have a go back imo. He should have walked for scratching him like a girl (I'm not going to have someone from the Beeb as me to take that back am I?).

That's because men are made from granite in Yorkshire, plus his mam wouldn't allow it.

too right. Never forget, in Yorkshire shoving ferrets down your trousers is a rite of passage. Any man that uses product other than carbolic soap is looked on with suspicion. Hell, any woman that uses product other than carbolic soap is looked on as being rather too feminine for the average yorkie

Since the Olympics I can be found to watch some womens football these days, I don't search it out but the BBC has played a few games recently, some I have watched. The one thing that struck me in the handful of games I have seen is not one dive, not one pretend to be hurt. Some of the challenges are strong and both players just get up!
Long may this continue, as I am sure it will show the mans game up for being lame and ultimatly embarissing.

Since the Olympics I can be found to watch some womens football these days, I don't search it out but the BBC has played a few games recently, some I have watched. The one thing that struck me in the handful of games I have seen is not one dive, not one pretend to be hurt. Some of the challenges are strong and both players just get up!
Long may this continue, as I am sure it will show the mans game up for being lame and ultimatly embarissing.

You spell like a girl...

Thing is, neither of us are on the pitch though. That's a different argument. I can understand why he would react, Torres was being a cunt. I'm saying that Vertonghen perhaps shouldn't have gone down to Torres' level.

Besides, I've already made the point that Torres getting sent off and Mourinho seething is a win.

too right. Never forget, in Yorkshire shoving ferrets down your trousers is a rite of passage. Any man that uses product other than carbolic soap is looked on with suspicion. Hell, any woman that uses product other than carbolic soap is looked on as being rather too feminine for the average yorkie

Metrosexual men are often burnt at the stake.

Stupid moisturizers and hair products.

Back
Top Bottom