Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It looked naaaasty... knee ligaments i'd wager.

Colchester next week will be interesting, if Wimmer is due a run in the 1st team...

TIME FOR THE FAZ!

Hope he's not out for long but I feel more confident of Wimmer than I have with any of our second string (or first string) options in recent years.

Yeah, he's been solid when called upon so far. I'd have no problem with him playing for a few weeks if he has to.

I just hope wimmer takes this opportunity for what it is and proves we have 3 solid cb's who work well together and are dependable

I really hope that Jan isn't sidelined too long, but will be excited to see Winner get a run out for a few games to see how he steps up.

Worst case scenario, Dier moves back to covering CB and we fill the midfield back in with a more physical presence.

It looked naaaasty... knee ligaments i'd wager.

Colchester next week will be interesting, if Wimmer is due a run in the 1st team...

TIME FOR THE FAZ!
I wouldn't think it was that nasty, he'd have been in a bit more pain and wouldn't be walking off. I would wager it's a first degree MCL sprain.
To me it looked as though when that thief who's nicking a living as a PL footballer, Wickham, maliciously elbowed him he went over & landed on his knee. He also looked concussed.
Kind of like the Mason knee injury - impact. Don't think he's twisted it.
Probably won't see him for about 4 weeks if it is, meaning he will miss Norwich, Watford & Man City and could be back for Swansea.
That's taking into account the FA cup tie and Fiorentina legs, games he'd maybe be rested for anyway.
Less if there's no damage.
Hopefully it's nothing.

Seeing as we have the FA Cup this weekend, Jan will have a full 10 days to be assessed, treated, and hopefully make a recovery before Norwich the following midweek...
...failing that, I've no qualms about Wimmer stepping in... and failing that... I've no qualms about Dier filling in at CB and Bentaleb/Dembele forming our midfield AXIS OF EVIL!!!!

Failing that, it's little Tommy Carroll again!!!! :carrollwtf:

Back
Top Bottom