January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me it's Moutinho, We are already paying big wages to Adebayor and his season has been broken up so much that we should probably give it at least til the summer.

Holtby will likely take the No10 role which leaves us a little short in mid.

Has to be a striker IMO. As much as I like Moutinho.

I dont know Damaio well enough to pin my hopes on him, so would go for Negredo myself. Pretty well suited to our game and would make a real impact IMO.

Can anyone see a situation where Levy does a big splurge and basically spends the summer budget now?

Did similar with Redknapps first Jan window, the following summer was relatively quiet (more outs than ins as I recall).

Perhaps he is willing now to give AVB the players he wants on the basis in the summer we continue to trim the squad but dont add to it (unless an obvious deal is there)

Can anyone see a situation where Levy does a big splurge and basically spends the summer budget now?

Did similar with Redknapps first Jan window, the following summer was relatively quiet (more outs than ins as I recall).

Perhaps he is willing now to give AVB the players he wants on the basis in the summer we continue to trim the squad but dont add to it (unless an obvious deal is there)

I can see it happening would be a good way to push on for fourth. Though we will need to strengthen for what will be a long season next year if we get CL

I have to say, I'm not allowing myself to get excited at all. Been through too many windows, and find it a tad suspicious that a few of the big name players are suddenly popping back up in ITK with just over a day to go. Not because ITK's are making stuff up, more that we have been here so many times before, and you begin to wonder about the motives behind the info that is being passed on.

Back
Top Bottom